atkins derby

derby office by nigth

on m3 sevice to london afeter a big raining

one night just after the new year i’m with kojack we stop at saumur for a lunch

delevring empty bottles for the cognac in france it’s come from rockware class dn’t remember from where exactly but not far from leeds i think

ok good night i will continue tomorow i hope you enderstand my language because i speak better than i wrote the english

that was in 79 near cherbourg loading the spring cabbages for the english market we leave the traillor at the cooperatve and the farmers bring theirs cabbages to the traillor and after we collect the traillor go to the boat and delevry the night in the market

image.jpg

Dan Punchard:

nice photo dan

Fantastic photos especially the horse and cart and the old photos coming into Poole on the ferry.
Keep them coming !!

hi Michael,
I drove for axminster Bernie Thompson was manager. I remember your boss was George osmont I think.
my vehicle was Renault/berliet 305 number was 5966 QW 50 worked with mick ,mike,clive who is driving
the F10 in the photo great days.i have no photos so please keep yours coming they are good.
regards dennis

dieseldennis2:
hi Michael,
I drove for axminster Bernie Thompson was manager. I remember your boss was George osmont I think.
my vehicle was Renault/berliet 305 number was 5966 QW 50 worked with mick ,mike,clive who is driving
the F10 in the photo great days.i have no photos so please keep yours coming they are good.
regards dennis

hello dennis

at’s right my boss in cherbourg was goerges osmont axminster and atkins office was just next door in the same building
and did you remember the 2 french driver from axminster ■■ me i remember clive and mike and did you also remember cleefwho drove a daf after axminster he was is own boss and pull traillor for big groupage firm near dartford tunnel and he do spain
i’m still in contact whith bernie thompson if i see him soon i will ask him if ha have some photos from his period in axminster

and dennis did you remember me when i was in atkins ■■?

here it’s in center of france "auvergne " i’m delevring stone from "bradley’s stone " a firm from crikeldale it’s near cirencester

after the fiat i have a mercedes 1926 cabine superliner was good truck

a probleme on the snow

atkins garage at derby was open 24/24h

derby yard

after the mercedes in 1981 i have an iveco 190u30 and whith this one a participe at the 24h lemans for the lorries was a verry good remember

me in middle and on my right my collegue jean claude violet ^the other man on the left is a man from good year

after the iveco 190u30 i have another one a 190u38 serie "lemans "