Applying For Work In Canada

Haggis, you’re 30yrs behind the times matey.
There’s not one paying job you can do in Canada now without a Work Permit or PR.

newmercman:
Four Tracks seem to do a lot of their work now, for every Loblaws set I see, there’s a couple of four tracks causing mayhem.

Syndicate out of Calgary the same

neilg14:
There’s not one paying job you can do in Canada now without a Work Permit or PR.

That seems to fit the situation as it was even in the late 1980’s/early 90’s.Like the States only certain jobs qualified and going there to drive trucks didn’t automatically qualify anyone for a work permit.

The information I was given by Canadian immigration office here in the day was even if by some miracle they’d have issued one for driving work the job had to remain advertised and if applied for by a Canadian ‘national’ that meant deportation back home no ifs no buts.IE the permit was job offer specific and subject to continuous ongoing review even if it was issued to start with.Things were obviously relaxed massively in that regard relatively recently and it is obvious that it was only a matter of time until things started going back to where they were.

That seems about right, they only apply the rules when it suits them, a general election is coming up and immigration and unemployment are big sellers for the political puppets, so now they apply the rules that have always been there in an effort to win votes, as soon as they get in, things will go back to the way they were.

taffytrucker:

newmercman:
Four Tracks seem to do a lot of their work now, for every Loblaws set I see, there’s a couple of four tracks causing mayhem.

Syndicate out of Calgary the same

Oh that lot are right up there when it comes to mayhem.

neilg14:

I will try, my best, to go over this again, and hoping to clarify, what I said in my first post. What I was trying to say, was I went through emigration, I had family over here, I got a letter saying if I was allowed to come to Canada, as a PERMANENT resident, meaning they, the Canadian Government accepted me, oh plus, my family sponsored me, so went through the paces at the Canadian Embassy which was in Glasgow at the time, and was given permanent residence , and allowed to emigrate, which I did, I had to take a driving test, before I could get a job driving, or even drive a car, but in meantime, I had to find a job, while waiting, got to bring the bucks in, as I was trying to explain to Stewart, in my first post, you can NOT walk in here with a British license and get a job, not allowed, as neil says, you would need a work permit, and you are not going to get one, maybe, if you are a space cadet, they would give you a permit, So what I was trying to say, is you will have to do written and road tests before they will give you a license to drive a truck, but, YOU MUST, have permanent residence, in Canada, meaning you have been accepted into Canada. When I came over, honestly, in Ontario, I went with a Volkswagen beetle and took my test, which was called a chauffeurs license, which, I was allowed to drive ANYTHING, mind you they soon changed that. Now you have all sorts of tests to do airbrake tests , and depending on what you want to drive, there is a test for a straight truck and a test for a tractor trailer, written and road tests, plus medicals, I am HOPING/? I have cleared it up now, NO, you can NOT walk in and drive a truck, so, until, you have been accepted to live in Canada, you cant work. PERIOD///ANYWHERE, unless you have a work permit, and believe me, no one is going to get a permit, to work as a driver here, I am really hoping this clarifies what I was trying to say, ALL THE BEST , ALL.

haggis12:

neilg14:

I will try, my best, to go over this again, and hoping to clarify, what I said in my first post. What I was trying to say, was I went through emigration, I had family over here, I got a letter saying if I was allowed to come to Canada, as a PERMANENT resident, meaning they, the Canadian Government accepted me, oh plus, my family sponsored me, so went through the paces at the Canadian Embassy which was in Glasgow at the time, and was given permanent residence , and allowed to emigrate, which I did, I had to take a driving test, before I could get a job driving, or even drive a car, but in meantime, I had to find a job, while waiting, got to bring the bucks in, as I was trying to explain to Stewart, in my first post, you can NOT walk in here with a British license and get a job, not allowed, as neil says, you would need a work permit, and you are not going to get one, maybe, if you are a space cadet, they would give you a permit, So what I was trying to say, is you will have to do written and road tests before they will give you a license to drive a truck, but, YOU MUST, have permanent residence, in Canada, meaning you have been accepted into Canada. When I came over, honestly, in Ontario, I went with a Volkswagen beetle and took my test, which was called a chauffeurs license, which, I was allowed to drive ANYTHING, mind you they soon changed that. Now you have all sorts of tests to do airbrake tests , and depending on what you want to drive, there is a test for a straight truck and a test for a tractor trailer, written and road tests, plus medicals, I am HOPING/? I have cleared it up now, NO, you can NOT walk in and drive a truck, so, until, you have been accepted to live in Canada, you cant work. PERIOD///ANYWHERE, unless you have a work permit, and believe me, no one is going to get a permit, to work as a driver here, I am really hoping this clarifies what I was trying to say, ALL THE BEST , ALL.

Having family already established there was always obviously a game changer.I do know of at least one family group who were old friends of my parents all ended up out there after the daughter had gone there to work in the medical profession and then married a ‘Canadian’.Then her sister was allowed to go and then their parents joined them.Although I’m not sure of the exact limits on the definition of ‘family’.I do know that I was refused any access to work as a driver in Australia,at around the same time as I tried to go to Canada,because a family link with a great aunt who went there and her decendents wasn’t considered enough of a link.

Ironically their place in Victoria now seeming to be one of the areas affected by mass influx of Asian etc immigration and resulting complaints,by what’s left of the Brit decended ‘Australians’,that they are now as much foreigners in their own country as the real Aboriginal ‘natives’ are. :unamused: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Realistically its probably more a case of prospective Brit emigrants continuously raising the question as to why we’ve arrived in the situation whereby got free movement between here and Romania.But not Australia or Canada and NZ and how the zb can Brits possibly be considered as foreign aliens/immigrants in those countries and vice versa,on the same level as Asians etc etc are. :unamused:

haggis12:

neilg14:

Haggis, everybody knows about the re-testing over here, this wasn’t the point we’re making, the point was you said you can come here and take any old job until you pass your Class 1.
Well that’s just wrong, you can’t work anywhere without a WP or PR.
I hope this has cleared that up.
It doesn’t matter one bit what you did 30yrs ago, it’s not the least bit relevant now.

neilg14:

haggis12:

neilg14:

Haggis, everybody knows about the re-testing over here, this wasn’t the point we’re making, the point was you said you can come here and take any old job until you pass your Class 1.
It doesn’t matter one bit what you did 30yrs ago, it’s not the least bit relevant now.

Sorry, it is not what was done 30 years ago, IT is still REVELANT NOW/// I did not walk over here and get a job, with or without a W/P. I emigrated here, then found a job, no where in any of my posts did I say anything about me finding a job, just by coming here, say maybe??on holiday?? as was pointed out, before ,you can NOT take a job, from a Canadian, UNLESS you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT, and have been accepted by Canadian Authorities to live here, and you must live here to apply for a job/// So maybe/? YOU should read my first post again.

OK One more time, and that is it. I said, AGAIN, you can NOT, work here, as you say, without a permit, and you will not get a permit, as a driver, when you say, that is just wrong// SORRY, If you have been granted Permanent residence, you have emigrated ,and now are in Canada, LEGALLY, OH YES, YOU CAN, take any job, you can find, you are EXPECTED to find a job, or have big bucks. If you do not get a job, and are of limited means, how can you live here, you will not get social assistance, health coverage, until you have been here for 6 months, as a PERMANENT, RESIDENT, meaning you are now in the country, legally, and can apply for ANY job, that is going. What I am saying, and if you re-read my FIRST post, I was saying to Stewart, when he comes over, if he is allowed to come over, NOT on a holiday, as you are NOT allowed to work, well unless you do have a work permit, of course, but without a permit, you can NOT work///easy as that, but if you come over legally, you would have to find yourself a job, unless you got big bucks, and don’t need to, which you can, as you are now a permanent resident, have been accepted into Canada, so while you are waiting to go through all sorts of tests, to aquire your truck license, which will take some time, what are you going to do??/starve??, of course you will have to find a job, meantime, and as you are now a Permanent Resident, of course you can go get a job, anywhere, you can find one and are accepted for the job, why in the L , would you not??, sit and starve??, while waiting ,probably months to do the tests and pass them , OF COURSE, you can , legally, get a job, what is to stop you/?You NOW LIVE in Canada, you are now a permanent resident and will be until you take out citizenship, then , if you like, you can call yourself a 5 buck Canadian, well probably a couple of hundred buck Canadian, these days.
OK, for myself, I am calling it quits, in this thread , cant seem to get through to some. I am here, I know what I had to do, to be here, and what anyone, over there has to do to get here, and go driving truck again. I was trying to help Stewart, not to cause some kind of friction on how and why. Anyone who thinks different than what I am saying, contact the Canadian Embassy nearest you and find out the details, of how to emigrate, no use asking, can I come over to your country and get a job driving a truck, answer will be NO. UNLESS YOU LIVE HERE, LEGALLY. THANKS, ALL.

haggis12:

neilg14:

haggis12:

neilg14:

Sorry, it is not what was done 30 years ago, IT is still REVELANT NOW/// I did not walk over here and get a job, with or without a W/P. I emigrated here, then found a job, no where in any of my posts did I say anything about me finding a job, just by coming here, say maybe??on holiday?? as was pointed out, before ,you can NOT take a job, from a Canadian, UNLESS you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT, and have been accepted by Canadian Authorities to live here, and you must live here to apply for a job/// So maybe/? YOU should read my first post again.

OK One more time, and that is it. I said, AGAIN, you can NOT, work here, as you say, without a permit, and you will not get a permit, as a driver, when you say, that is just wrong// SORRY, If you have been granted Permanent residence, you have emigrated ,and now are in Canada, LEGALLY, OH YES, YOU CAN, take any job, you can find, you are EXPECTED to find a job, or have big bucks. If you do not get a job, and are of limited means, how can you live here, you will not get social assistance, health coverage, until you have been here for 6 months, as a PERMANENT, RESIDENT, meaning you are now in the country, legally, and can apply for ANY job, that is going. What I am saying, and if you re-read my FIRST post, I was saying to Stewart, when he comes over, if he is allowed to come over, NOT on a holiday, as you are NOT allowed to work, well unless you do have a work permit, of course, but without a permit, you can NOT work///easy as that, but if you come over legally, you would have to find yourself a job, unless you got big bucks, and don’t need to, which you can, as you are now a permanent resident, have been accepted into Canada, so while you are waiting to go through all sorts of tests, to aquire your truck license, which will take some time, what are you going to do??/starve??, of course you will have to find a job, meantime, and as you are now a Permanent Resident, of course you can go get a job, anywhere, you can find one and are accepted for the job, why in the L , would you not??, sit and starve??, while waiting ,probably months to do the tests and pass them , OF COURSE, you can , legally, get a job, what is to stop you/?You NOW LIVE in Canada, you are now a permanent resident and will be until you take out citizenship, then , if you like, you can call yourself a 5 buck Canadian, well probably a couple of hundred buck Canadian, these days.
OK, for myself, I am calling it quits, in this thread , cant seem to get through to some. I am here, I know what I had to do, to be here, and what anyone, over there has to do to get here, and go driving truck again. I was trying to help Stewart, not to cause some kind of friction on how and why. Anyone who thinks different than what I am saying, contact the Canadian Embassy nearest you and find out the details, of how to emigrate, no use asking, can I come over to your country and get a job driving a truck, answer will be NO. UNLESS YOU LIVE HERE, LEGALLY. THANKS, ALL.

Haggis, I appologise, I’ll go, I bow down to your knowledge of today’s immigration process, you stay on this thread and help Stuart get PR before he comes here as a truck driver in Ontario.
Which route in the immigration process will he be using to gain PR then ?

neilg14:
Haggis, I appologise, I’ll go, I bow down to your knowledge of today’s immigration process, you stay on this thread and help Stuart get PR before he comes here as a truck driver in Ontario.

I’d guess that he’s confusing the family ties situation which ‘might’ ‘possibly’ allow someone to get PR status on entry ?.

As opposed to all else which requires a specific job offer dependent work permit before PR can be obtained.The bit that’s changed from being a selectively applied,draconian,catch 22 situation,to something much easier,but now heading back that way,being the conditions for obtaining the required work permits.Added to which is the historic change in colonial immigration policies which changed from a justified bias in favour of Brit nationals,to something else based on PC quotas which mean that an Asian applicant probably has more chance than a Brit.

As it stands it should be a case of if an applicant can show a job offer then a TFW permit is issued which automatically qualifies for PR after a set reasonable time period.Or preferably automatic PR for Brit nationals who can prove Brit decent nationality on a jus Sanguinis basis before 1/7/1867. :bulb:

Carryfast:

neilg14:

I’d guess that he’s confusing the family ties situation which ‘might’ ‘possibly’ allow someone to get PR status on entry ?.

As opposed to all else which requires a specific job offer dependent work permit before PR can be obtained.The bit that’s changed from being a selectively applied,draconian,catch 22 situation,to something much easier,but now heading back that way,being the conditions for obtaining the required work permits.Added to which is the historic change in colonial immigration policies which changed from a justified bias in favour of Brit nationals,to something else based on PC quotas which mean that an Asian applicant probably has more chance than a Brit.

As it stands it should be a case of if an applicant can show a job offer then a TFW permit is issued which automatically qualifies for PR after a set reasonable time period.Or preferably automatic PR for Brit nationals who can prove Brit decent nationality on a jus Sanguinis basis before 1/7/1867. :bulb:

Speaking of neils post, sorry maybe I misread stewarts post and surmising,he had already been accepted to emigrate here, I agree with you, neil, you can NOT get a job here, no way unless you are a Canadian citizen or have been accepted as a permanent resident, so, looking back I surmise Stewart had been accepted, ok, should not surmise, ok, you are correct, I don’t know of this pr work permit stuff, but you will NOT get any work permit, to drive a truck, neil when I got into this thread , there is no way, I wanted to cause any friction, ok, you seem to be jumping on what ever I say, SO, this is what I am saying, ok, NO, you can NOT get into Canada, because you have a drives license, I don’t think you can get in here, even if you are a//bloody scientist, ok, all I was trying to say to Stewart, thinking he had been accepted as a permanent resident, so if you are trying to go to Canada, call your nearest Canadian Embassy, and get the details. WAy back along time ago, British citizens, not a probbie, not now, ok get in the line up, and believe me, and not trying//to be biased, ok, look around your own streets, I look around mine, over here, and scratch my bloody head, ok,not being biased// ok., Anyhoo, neil NO you can NOT walk in here and be a driver, or a scientist, ok, there is stuff you have to do, easy as that, ok, now got to rub the head ok I know moo moo. n this site, him and I worked at Remploy in Oldham, I am an Instructor, with the Ministry of Ontario, on air brakes testing and on air brake adjustment, with the certified authority,to give exams and either pass you, or fail you, neil you failed , sorry//, this I can prove, via moo moo. on this site, but that dos not mean I know everything about emigration, no, that you will have to call the Canadian Embassy to answer your questions. neil you aer starting to get right up my nose, you seem to want to have a go, SORRY // not getting into that sheet, okALL THE BEST, ALL.

Right then people, before I start editing or deleting posts, stop bickering please. Haggis is telling his story, things have changed since then and it’s obvious he isn’t aware of the way it’s done today, all it needs is a post explaining what the procedure is for anyone wanting to come here now.

I’d do it myself but I’m a little busy.

haggis12:

Carryfast:

neilg14:

Speaking of neils post, sorry maybe I misread stewarts post and surmising,he had already been accepted to emigrate here, I agree with you, neil, you can NOT get a job here, no way unless you are a Canadian citizen or have been accepted as a permanent resident, so, looking back I surmise Stewart had been accepted, ok, should not surmise, ok, you are correct, I don’t know of this pr work permit stuff, but you will NOT get any work permit, to drive a truck, neil when I got into this thread , there is no way, I wanted to cause any friction, ok, you seem to be jumping on what ever I say, SO, this is what I am saying, ok, NO, you can NOT get into Canada, because you have a drives license, I don’t think you can get in here, even if you are a//bloody scientist, ok, all I was trying to say to Stewart, thinking he had been accepted as a permanent resident, so if you are trying to go to Canada, call your nearest Canadian Embassy, and get the details. WAy back along time ago, British citizens, not a probbie, not now, ok get in the line up, and believe me, and not trying//to be biased, ok, look around your own streets, I look around mine, over here, and scratch my bloody head, ok,not being biased// ok., Anyhoo, neil NO you can NOT walk in here and be a driver, or a scientist, ok, there is stuff you have to do, easy as that, ok, now got to rub the head ok I know moo moo. n this site, him and I worked at Remploy in Oldham, I am an Instructor, with the Ministry of Ontario, on air brakes testing and on air brake adjustment, with the certified authority,to give exams and either pass you, or fail you, neil you failed , sorry//, this I can prove, via moo moo. on this site, but that dos not mean I know everything about emigration, no, that you will have to call the Canadian Embassy to answer your questions. neil you aer starting to get right up my nose, you seem to want to have a go, SORRY // not getting into that sheet, okALL THE BEST, ALL.

Haggis, apology accepted.

newmercman:
Right then people, before I start editing or deleting posts, stop bickering please. Haggis is telling his story, things have changed since then and it’s obvious he isn’t aware of the way it’s done today, all it needs is a post explaining what the procedure is for anyone wanting to come here now.

I’d do it myself but I’m a little busy.

Sorry, yes I KNOW how it is today,THANKS for jumping in ,appreciated, you say things have changed, not being smart assy, I am not aware// of the changes? the procedure is, and there is NOT any other way to go about it it, I AM AWARE OF IT. The procedure is first you have to be accepted , a permanent resident, you have to be accepted as a person who is allowed to be in, CANADA, I AM AWARE, of how it is done today, so please tell me how it is done today, October the 16th 20015, no carry, not trying to be smart, ok tell me, how do you do it cos I have not a clue, how you can come over here, take a job, without credentials, geez I would get ■■■■■■ off, for that,DONT TAKE MY JOB, Christ I bloody heard that a boloody hundred times, even when the baskets did not have a job, and yes, was told that in theh legion, then found out the A --le never worked in his life. SO NO B ICKRING , what else can I say the only thing is do NOT take my experineces, my word, ok, YOU HAVE TO SPEAK to the Embassy, d o not listen to me ok, you must go to the source, ok do NOT LISTEN TO ME or anyone else, GO TO THE SOURCE, CANADIAN Embassy,and ask your questions I can tell you anything, the only people that can tell you are the Canadian Enbassy, me// I can tell you anything, I want you want to believe, ok,DO NOT MAKE A MOVE, TILL YOU KNOW LEGALLY what you can do. WHAT ELSE CAN I SA?y Do not want to get into legalities, do not want to get into friction, because of what I say, ok Thanks newmar for jumping in ok,.I am AWARE a post, of how to do it, now, sorry, you cant be British, ok, how do I say this without being accused of being prejudiced, don’t think I spelled that correct I came here worked in the moving business , was called a lacky. a, DP, hi, in fun ok, maybe///so told them hi, nuff is enough,I went to indusrial r elations,the , hate people in government.Iwas joking, so told them I reportred them, no I did not ok, was joking, so told them I reported them, me being Scottish// so what did they say/// yea, so what, ■■■■ off Scotsman// hi in thoe days say what you want these days be bloody careful, as it is in Britain, as it is here, ok. WE, are being taken over, look at your government, look at ours, .
way back there was a person in Uganda who watched his country being take over from outsiders, told them sellyour assets back to Ugandans because thy were running the economy, does this not sound , eerliy similar
in your country and in mine// you people from Britain, who used ///to be FIRST in line, FORGET IT, OIK, NOT preaching sedition ok,that is how it is in Britain and that is how it is here, DO NOT FLY YOUR FLAG///GEEZ//The only thing good I can say about the YANKS, THEY FLY THEIR FLAG, I know got away from the subject, sorry, but do not listen to what I say or anyone else says in the matter of driving, living here only the Canadian Embassy can tell you what you need, so do not listen to us, ok, we have our thoughts on it,what worked years ago probably does not work these ,days, so check it out, with the proper authorities, do NOT listen to what we say, what ever we say ,is not what they might say, so, please check everything out, FIRST, BEFORE you make any moves, ok,ALL THE BEST GUYS, and GGOD LUCK if go for itl

Look mate, here’s how it works and you can take this as gospel as this is exactly how most recent arrivals did it, myself included.

A Canadian company advertise a job, it doesn’t get filled by locals, provincially or nationally so they ask the government for an LMIA to enable them to hire from overseas.

They then advertise the job overseas in trade magazines or by word of mouth. The foreigners read or hear about it and apply.

Then if they’re successful they get a job offer from the Canadian company. The Canadian company send them a formal job offer and the LMIA from the government proving they are legally employing a foreigner.

Then the foreigner jumps on a plane and presents that documentation to Canadian Border Services upon arrival in Canada and is issued a temporary work permit.

This permit is only for the job that is on the permit, which in our case would be long haul truck driver and only for the company that got the LMIA.

Then you register for a SIN number, swap your car licence for a Canadian licence and begin your training for your Canadian class one.

That is it, you cannot work anywhere else, even doing anything other than long haul truck driving for your Canadian employer.

That’s it in a nutshell.

newmercman:
Look mate, here’s how it works and you can take this as gospel as this is exactly how most recent arrivals did it, myself included.

A Canadian company advertise a job, it doesn’t get filled by locals, provincially or nationally so they ask the government for an LMIA to enable them to hire from overseas.

They then advertise the job overseas in trade magazines or by word of mouth. The foreigners read or hear about it and apply.

Then if they’re successful they get a job offer from the Canadian company. The Canadian company send them a formal job offer and the LMIA from the government proving they are legally employing a foreigner.

Then the foreigner jumps on a plane and presents that documentation to Canadian Border Services upon arrival in Canada and is issued a temporary work permit.

This permit is only for the job that is on the permit, which in our case would be long haul truck driver and only for the company that got the LMIA.

Then you register for a SIN number, swap your car licence for a Canadian licence and begin your training for your Canadian class one.

That is it, you cannot work anywhere else, even doing anything other than long haul truck driving for your Canadian employer.

That’s it in a nutshell.

OH GEEZ, SORRY GUYS, a few drams and away we go, but read it think about it, being British, does not get you anywhere there or here, I have a Grand son, in your country, my Daughter lives in Knutsford, , my Grandson, two tours of duty, in Ghani, myself with,the rock apes , way back , and we have to,pardon ourselves, geez///

HI newmar… never ever heard of that one, now not being a smart assy, ok, do you have a turban on your head, not trying to be biased///ok…mm all I see in Ontario, is driving dum p trucks, a turban, ok you are probably correct,but I just cant see, the way things are these days, you can walk in, well, unless///mm/
so what you are saying is , yes you can come to Canada, without going through emigration HONESTLY, and NOT saying you are wrong, news to me, but great that someone from Britain can do it, but I stiil,say better check with Canadian Authorities first, but hi, that is good news for people who were thinking of it,THANKS newmar, oh OOPS SO,what happens if you lose your job long haul trucking, NO, NOT being a smarty ok, what happens then are you allowed to,stay, or booted out? hi, genuine II think this thread has NEVER EVER been so active, lots of great in put, but again, check with the Canadian Authorities FIRST, BEFORE MAKING ANY MOVES// THANKS newmar,APPRECIATED

Do I have a turban? Now that is funny, I hope you stick around on here.

For the record, no I’m a South East London boy, born with blonde hair and blue eyes, the hair is dark now and the eyes are bloodshot though.

The wearers of the turban and their fellow countrymen of other faiths don’t use the same schemes we Brits have to use, they get in on family streams, as they’re called, basically a family member sponsors them and because their home country is a little on the underdeveloped side, they don’t have records going back to their infant days like we do, so it’s quite easy to be related to someone, if you get my drift.

newmercman:
Do I have a turban? Now that is funny, I hope you stick around on here.

For the record, no I’m a South East London boy, born with blonde hair and blue eyes, the hair is dark now and the eyes are bloodshot though.

The wearers of the turban and their fellow countrymen of other faiths don’t use the same schemes we Brits have to use, they get in on family streams, as they’re called, basically a family member sponsors them and because their home country is a little on the underdeveloped side, they don’t have records going back to their infant days like we do, so it’s quite easy to be related to someone, if you get my drift.

I do get your drift ,newmerc., for sure, I was back in Glasgow, a few years ago, honest looked around, geez, just felt like home, meaning home over here. As you say, there is a way to get over here, for sure, as they are all driving trucks, these days. Thanks newmerc., ALL THE BEST to YOU and to YOURS.

newmercman:

That’s it in a nutshell.

The difference is the LMIA type schemes are a relatively recent thing.Whereas during the 1980’s at least it was a much more hit or miss set up of no chance but if by some miracle anyone did get in as a driver it was then a case of no job or residency security whatsoever.Because the job in question still had to remain advertised for Nationals.They seem to be going back to a similar catch 22 now by prioritising nationals,or at least already existing established immigrant workers even for ‘LMIA’ type job offers and applications ?. :confused: Which effectively produces a similar situation as that before which stopped me in my tracks and if not probably would have ended up in me being sent home relatively shortly after getting in regardless.All of which,I think Haggis might also be rightly suggesting,is an insult to Brits by regarding us as ‘immigrants’ in moving to Canada at all.On that note yes as I understand it,unless you’ve got PR,you will definitely/probably be deported if the specific job offer on the TFW permit doesn’t work out and/or at least in the 1980’s they could find a national to do it at any time after it was issued. :unamused: