Class 1 driving canada

Hi ive been a class 1 driver in the UK for 18 years and would like to find a job in canada driving. Are there any companies hiring uk drivers to work in canada and what sort of work is it? Any info would be great thanks :smiley:

I believe H&R are recruiting in the UK next month. Other than that I’d suggest look at where you fancy basing yourself in Canada then look up and speak to firms come out and speak to firms and see what it’s about.

Just be careful with H and R they promise the world but don’t deliver same with most of the big company’s over here. Also they have a hell of a lot of control over your status in Canada. My advice would be to make sure its what you want to do first then find somewhere to settle and then look for work. There are hundreds of company’s looking for drivers it doesn’t matter where your from. If you need any help or you have more questions fell free to pm me.

I reckon Manitoba is the best bet. NB is easy to get in to (but not for much longer) but the wages and conditions here are crap and you’d most likely have a lesser standard of living than you have in the UK. Alberta is richer but the Alberta PNP program which you’ll have to use to gain permanent residency gives your employer complete control over your future and you can only be nominated to stay in Canada by them, so if they dont like you, or you defend yourself against anything they try and get you to do which you deem to be unfair etc, they can hold it against you and prevent you from staying in the long run. Manitoba is like NB in that you apply on your own behalf for PNP, its got nothing to do with your company other than them giving you a permanent working contract, although unlike NB the work there seems better and all the guys there seem to be very happy.

Or know no better :smiley:

Sorry for that, Manitoba is your best option in My opinion, I know of two friends leaving Alberta for the reasons stated above, I dont think HR is the worst job in the world & its an organised way into the country with training, the recent influx of lads coming to Manitoba has been at their own expence, Youll get a better job but it depends if You can fund Yourself initially.

Best of luck with it anyway Fella.

NB; If you have a criminal record you can forget CA/USA.

Not true that one. Speaking from experience on that too. Obviously depends what for though.

I think its true for H+R?

I was offered a job at H&R before I took the job I have no problem if you are straight with them and put a bit of leg work in first.

That’s good news!

harry:
I think its true for H+R?

nope not true you need a trip to the Canadian or American consulate but as Kev said depends on what the offence was for and when

Mick 6527:
Just be careful with H and R they promise the world but don’t deliver same with most of the big company’s over here. Also they have a hell of a lot of control over your status in Canada. My advice would be to make sure its what you want to do first then find somewhere to settle and then look for work. There are hundreds of company’s looking for drivers it doesn’t matter where your from. If you need any help or you have more questions fell free to pm me.

H&R can deliver if you put the effort in. I find they will treat you the same way as you treat them they certainly not gone back on what they ‘promised’ me