Applying For Work In Canada

Don’t really matter it was back in the year dot really no relation into what the OP was asking. It’s what it is now and it’s how Mark said it is. That’s what ya up against and like it or lump it.

taffytrucker:
Don’t really matter it was back in the year dot really no relation into what the OP was asking. It’s what it is now and it’s how Mark said it is. That’s what ya up against and like it or lump it.

I agree taffy, you are so right, it is what it is// As I said in my first post, if stewart, did come over here, permanent resident, and was in s/w/ Ontario, I would do my best to point him in the right direction, I know a few of the Companies, a few of the office, wallahs, HI would do it for anyone, from back home, why not?
ALL THE BEST to ALL.

haggis12:
As I said in my first post, if stewart, did come over here, permanent resident, and was in s/w/ Ontario, I would do my best to point him in the right direction, I know a few of the Companies, a few of the office, wallahs, HI would do it for anyone, from back home, why not?

The problem being it will take a job offer ‘first’ together with a successful application ‘by the employer’ for the required temporary work permit which then needs to be turned into an application for PR at a much later stage.However the Canadian immigration seems to have thrown spanner in the works of that whole process in order to cut down on immigrant workers.The advice in that case to anyone planning on going now is that the immigration process is a relative minefield again.Compared to recently when that process was obviously more relaxed and easier.

And as said before you can’t get PNP in ON as a long haul truck driver and he gotta have the job offer in hand before coming out to start so no good pointing him ‘in the right direction’

taffytrucker:
I’ve just had enough of the whole lot. Just over 3 years now and due to one thing and another just about no closer to PR now as I was when I got off the plane. We’ve had a great time over here and certainly don’t regret a second but fed up of bowing to every whim or risk PR getting revoked. No rights what so ever but it’s time to move on with my life and actually make plans instead of waiting for email or phone call saying we got it or not

No chance of PR as a used car salesman■■? :wink:

taffytrucker:
And as said before you can’t get PNP in ON as a long haul truck driver and he gotta have the job offer in hand before coming out to start so no good pointing him ‘in the right direction’

As you say, taffy.

A few things, and if I’m covering stuff already covered then apologies.

For the love of God stay the hell out of Alberta. AINP are not accepting applications until February which means many of this years arrivals will be on next years quota. Also, the layoffs in the oil patch are meaning fewer jobs available and most of the jobs where TFWs have been welcomed are toast. Two of my friends spent 17 days out of the last 30 sat in Lexington waiting for loads. Another has been out 11 days and has sat 5 of them. I met another in Moose Jaw nearly two weeks ago on his way there. He’s still there!!!

H&R aren’t the Devils they’re portrayed as but they have their ways and you need to keep your head below the parapet.

There is a firm in Winnipeg doing a recruiting run to Europe next month. Dry van work. They are decent. I know they are decent! Rates aren’t great to begin but do it right and you’ll get the raises.

The east coast is about to become uncomfortable for TFWs as there’s a tide of dissent been brewing for ages.

If you want the details of the Winnipeg firm PM me.

There are still a few LMIA about in MB, I have a mate flying out next Tuesday to start with an MB reefer company, apparently they have just got 3 LMIAs, they’re probably snapped up by now, but it goes to show that it isn’t a lost cause just yet…