anyone remember these tamworth firms

JCT recovery vehicle back in action after having new underlift and front weight bumper fitted

This courtesy of Dave Fawcett.
Oily

Only found this picture the other day it had been in a draw for 25 years or more

Drove one similar for a while, got put on a Dawson rental F88 for a few days while she had a refurb,oh dear oh dear! Me head went down for a bit after that

Tamworth1:

Ste46:
It was a long time ago, but am I right in thinking that the regular driver of that ERF was a fellow known as Dinkie (I thnk) whose previous motor was an Atkinson Borderer?

Steve

Hi Steve
We are not 100% shore but think Dinkie did drive this from new but must of passed it on to someone else as he had an X reg Roadtrain a couple of years later, the one below.

I think he was called Trink when he was at Wm Rowe at Elford as Clarkes were connected via Jim Rowe.I think they started with a D1000 in Lichfield.I think Trink lived or still does in Hansacre as I think it was his Atki parked in his drive.I wonder if he got taxed being his company car.Nice chap.Sorrry if I’ve got it wrong.

img362.jpg

Been a long time, came across this the other week.

70AB8872-5300-47F4-B44E-4F7775037F48.jpeg

The firm that ran the black Atki 8 wheeler tippers were from Tamworth I think and were called Smiths ? any shots of their fine fleet ? Cheers Bewick.

yep,smith bros. had issues with the union closed it down then formed c.t.s, consolidated transport services. long gone.
srcoll to top of this page nice fleet picture there.

m.a.n rules:
yep,smith bros. had issues with the union closed it down then formed c.t.s, consolidated transport services. long gone.
srcoll to top of this page nice fleet picture there.

Thanks for the gen and the old memory cell has kicked in as I recall reading about them in the commercial mags. Your right they wouldn’t stand any crap off “The Brothers” so they just up and packed in then restarted as CTS ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
The firm that ran the black Atki 8 wheeler tippers were from Tamworth I think and were called Smiths ? any shots of their fine fleet ? Cheers Bewick.

Hi Bewick here are a few

And another

On way back from MOT with A605 JUE with ■■■ in mouth lol

Nice picture sent to me today from Dave Allsopp

Came across this picture yesterday by luck, NMP but what a classic look closely at the Atkinson on the right

Another little gem popped up today N.M.P.

I know these firms might be too modern however we could add the following

Guinans Girls

Bridgen Transport

B&G ? Nunn

EDTRUCK:
I know these firms might be too modern however we could add the following

Guinans Girls

Bridgen Transport

B&G ? Nunn

Hi Edtruck There is a picture on page 3 of Bridgen Transport

A few more pictures of G Ward & Sons Ltd Clifton Campville