anyone remember these tamworth firms

Dogs body:
My dad drove for wards for a while (stuart deeley) …I Carnt remember how long he worked there I know he had a Guy Big J and also a scamell crusader… A few names that worked there when he did …Bob Starkey,Steve plant ,tony salt ,Tony salts dad not sure if it’s his right name or nick name but my dad called him Ebbo or eb salt

Yes Craig I’m sure I remember Tony Salts nick name been Ebbo, some other Wards drivers I remember were Buster, Chaddy, Norman Flint and John Ward.

Another Pete Harding motor I came across the other day but not my photo

At long last the ERF C series hits the road

Looks superb - very well done!

Looking forward to seeing it shown around the area in the not-too-distant future!

Steve

PS - do you know Ian Blakeman? He has restored an ERF 6 wheel tipper which was new not far from me, which I knew very well in those days.

Steve

Well done Andy she looks a treat

Bring it up ours one Saturday if you get a chance id love to have a good look round it

Mike

Is this firm the forerunner of CTS? Pic from Staffs Library, Cheer’s Pete

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I attach some images of Kenworths operated in Tamworth in Staffordshire, by whom - I know not, so any information is gratefully recieved!!

I know they were from Tamworth as all the pictures were taken from across the road from my house, and I lived in a village near Tamworth at the time. I also know the first two images have UK trade plates registered to a Birmingham address displayed in the cab window, and French Transit Temporaire chalk number plates.

The other two images are of a KW with no plates on it, so I have no idea how to track the vehicle or operator down.

I have tried to ask locally in the village but no-one seems to know who they were run by.

As to why I didn’t ask when I took the pics, I was 6 at the time, and just come in from school. When I went back out after tea, they had gone!!!

I hope you enjoy!

AttachmentsIMG_0023 (2).JPGIMG_0024 (2).JPGIMG_0034.JPGIMG_0035.JPGEDTRUCK SENIOR MEMBER Posts: 47Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 7:39 am

Previous

Daves truck finally finished

Mike Ponsonby:

Is that Dave’s next project Mike ?

No weve got enough to do pete ha ha

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike Ponsonby:
No weve got enough to do pete ha ha

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:

Is that a Scammel next to that Daf? If so you can cancel gym membership if you have to drive that!

All off e-bay,

Thanks Pete im sure freeman still have that old girl

The 8 wheeler went last year Mike the lad of the bloke that drove it bought her to restore mate
EDtruck what village was that mate

This picture dates back to October 1980 and new to the J. Clarke Transport Ltd fleet was this Rolls Royce powered day cab ERF B Series, if you look closely you can see me in my King Edwards school uniform sitting in the drivers seat and to the left you can just make out the back of my moms Mini Clubman.

JCT ERF DAY CAB TRACTOR UNIT (2).JPG

It was a long time ago, but am I right in thinking that the regular driver of that ERF was a fellow known as Dinkie (I thnk) whose previous motor was an Atkinson Borderer?

Steve

Ste46:
It was a long time ago, but am I right in thinking that the regular driver of that ERF was a fellow known as Dinkie (I thnk) whose previous motor was an Atkinson Borderer?

Steve

Hi Steve
We are not 100% shore but think Dinkie did drive this from new but must of passed it on to someone else as he had an X reg Roadtrain a couple of years later, the one below.