Adblue alternatives

There is no alternative to adblue… and do not use water unless you want considerable downtime and a five figure bill to go with it… Trust me, I know this :frowning:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111876&start=30

why don’t you pay £150 and get some one to put a computer on it, you’ll never need add blue again.

As BC 2 says you can have a bypass computer fitted.I Think this is only good up to Euro 5,but up here in the mine all the trucks have had them fitted to by pass the add blue system.It works fine,but as these are ‘‘off road’’ vehicles i’m not sure about the legal ramifications in general haulage.

browncow2:
why don’t you pay £150 and get some one to put a computer on it, you’ll never need add blue again.

Yea thats sounds bang on,when you read the small print on the adverts for this carry on its bollox,i think id risk putting water in like the numpty who was going to do because he like the lorry he was driving :neutral_face:

seth 70:

browncow2:

Yea thats sounds bang on,when you read the small print on the adverts for this carry on its bollox,i think id risk putting water in like the numpty who was going to do because he like the lorry he was driving :neutral_face:

OOOOPPS,he didnt like the lorry ,did he :laughing: :laughing:

On a different (Adblu) note one of the hire trucks I was given recently didnt have the blue Adblu filler neck in the tank (removed) I assume this was to allow drivers to fill the tank using jerry cans. However my problem is that onsite Adblu pumps wont fill the fill the tank and the trigger on the nozzle clicks off, and if I`m lucky I can get it to flow at a miniscule trickle, that ultimately takes a lifetime to fill a few litres. I assume this is down to the (supposed) magnet in the filler that’s missing. Can anyone suggest how I can manage to fill the tank using the onsite pumps?

peirre:
On a different (Adblu) note one of the hire trucks I was given recently didnt have the blue Adblu filler neck in the tank (removed) I assume this was to allow drivers to fill the tank using jerry cans. However my problem is that onsite Adblu pumps wont fill the fill the tank and the trigger on the nozzle clicks off, and if I`m lucky I can get it to flow at a miniscule trickle, that ultimately takes a lifetime to fill a few litres. I assume this is down to the (supposed) magnet in the filler that’s missing. Can anyone suggest how I can manage to fill the tank using the onsite pumps?

Buy one of these oilandfuelpumps.com/nozzles/ … aptor.html then you can fill drums as well ( and diesel tanks if you are that way inclined :laughing: )

There is only one additive you can put in an ad-blue tank…AD-BLUE…nothing more and nothing less, and if you listen to the numpties on here who Dare you to use water instead of giving constructive advice, more fool you.

Yep a thread of this nature will attract a few posts that could lead the op astray.
Nice to see the op is a wise chap not falling for the big company BS.

Anyway forget about this water business for now, a super secret is to use 70% demineralised water, 10 % bleach, 20% human wee wee - preferably after eating a load of asparagus.

This is a raw alternative to adblue using its base chemical composition and the closest match… as a chemical engineer I know this stuff, honest.

Feel free to give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Dipper_Dave:
Yep a thread of this nature will attract a few posts that could lead the op astray.

Anyway forget about this water business for now, a super secret is to use 70% demineralised water, 10 % bleach, 20% human wee wee - preferably after eating a load of asparagus.

This is a raw alternative to adblue using its base chemical composition and the closest match… as a chemical engineer I know this stuff, honest.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

matamoros:
Buy one of these oilandfuelpumps.com/nozzles/ … aptor.html then you can fill drums as well ( and diesel tanks if you are that way inclined :laughing: )

Ive no real desire to spend my own money on someone elses motor.
Though its a interesting item

someones taking the ■■■■ :wink:

peirre:

matamoros:

Ive no real desire to spend my own money on someone elses motor.
Though its a interesting item

Don’t blame you, if the motor’s not yours then it’s up to the hirer or your employer to sort out.

Dipper_Dave:

I know when I’ve had asparagus ,my pee stinks really bad .

matamoros:
Don’t blame you, if the motor’s not yours then it’s up to the hirer or your employer to sort out.

I keep mentioning it to the office bod, but If I persevere I can get quarter a tank at a time, and over a few days fill it up enough to last the week, but if the night man uses the motor theyll leave it empty because they say they cant and Adblu in. Which adds to my frustration. As its coming up to its 4th week in the yard Im hoping as its a hire motor, theres more chance of them off hiring it, than fixing it :imp:

Dan Punchard:

Dipper_Dave:

I know when I’ve had asparagus ,my pee stinks really bad .

Mine allways smells like sugarpuffs. :laughing: :laughing:

Mine smells like adblue :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:
Mine smells like adblue :slight_smile:

I think you got ■■■■■■■ in the adblu tank mixed up :open_mouth: :smiley:

Sooo, the waters fine then. Cheers!!

Not my fault ive not driven anything new and pretty for a good few years! I must be thick though!

I was under the impression that watering down the AdBlue would just increase consumption. At least thats what Renault told me.

I wouldn’t put in anything but the right stuff though. The boss could tell you to ■■■■ in the tank to save money but you can guarantee that when the truck goes wrong he will get the bill and you will get the P45.