adblue

i was curious about adblue,i drive in the states and and adblue or its equivelant is only just coming out i was just read a posting that stated that "this truck is new and doesn’t need adblue does this mean that the newest euro engines do not need adblue look forward to a reply. over, roger beep

Here’s a pdf which will fill you in until others come along

thanks for the reply, american engine makers are way behind the europeans in regard of emissions, maybe i’ll get lucky and when my current wagon gets replaced i might have missed the adblue thing

Adblue is a pain in the baws!

i have only seen one truckstop where they had a dispenser that resembled a fuel pump , im not even sure when the next level of emissions comes out

There is a substitute for adblue which I know a lot of operators use. It’s cheap and when used the onboard computer is satisfied that the emmisions are correct so shows no warnings.

The chemical formula for this is 2 parts hydrogen to 1 part water and can be found in any tap.

The chemical formula for this is 2 parts hydrogen to 1 part water and can be found in any tap.

surely you mean 1 part oxygen :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Robert Haynes:
There is a substitute for adblue which I know a lot of operators use. It’s cheap and when used the onboard computer is satisfied that the emmisions are correct so shows no warnings.

Are you talking about removing the nox detector?

tvdriver:
i have only seen one truckstop where they had a dispenser that resembled a fuel pump , im not even sure when the next level of emissions comes out

there’s one at Silveys,Bridgwater and one at Podimore on the 303 ( mind you the one at Bridgwater was covered in crystalised adblue and hardly working!!)

tvdriver:
i was curious about adblue,i drive in the states and and adblue or its equivelant is only just coming out i was just read a posting that stated that "this truck is new and doesn’t need adblue does this mean that the newest euro engines do not need adblue look forward to a reply. over, roger beep

Denis F:
there’s one at Silveys,Bridgwater and one at Podimore on the 303 ( mind you the one at Bridgwater was covered in crystalised adblue and hardly working!!)

Bit far to come Dennis and the road is always flooded :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

billybigrig:

tvdriver:

Denis F:

Bit far to come Dennis and the road is always flooded :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

a good driver can overcome little problems like that :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

yes but there’s drivers and there’s steering wheel holders

I’ve seen adblue sold in 5 litre containers in a couple of garages - there’s one just down the road from me, though I don’t think they get a lot of trucks in there. There’s a map of available pumps here:

uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

Do any other vehicles use it - vans maybe?

Robert Haynes:

Has this old myth reared its ugly head again? Try that on a Volvo and it’ll send you skint. Ask either Paul Salmon from rainham, or Micky Dole, of mjd fame. It knackers the pump and costs 5 grand to fix. That’s without recovery. Bit of a bar steward if you have ten motors

merc0447:
Are you talking about removing the nox detector?

I will bump this as its relevant to the bad advice given regarding tap water

Same goes for ■■■■■■■ in the tank on the ground that urea and urine sound like the same stuff.

water ■■■■■ iveco engines 2. had a brand new 58 plate stralis at an old company and the boss was penny pinching. only got away with it cos the truck was rented and he went out of business

Denis F:

billybigrig:

tvdriver:

Denis F:

Bit far to come Dennis and the road is always flooded :mrgreen: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

a good driver can overcome little problems like that :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

this driver got ever so close, the ad blue pump is on the other bank. he crossed the atlantic negotiating the ‘flooded road’ and fell at the final hurdle because he turned on his sat nav

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Robert Haynes:

that used to work but both vosa and truck manufacutures clocked onto it so they changed the sensor so that wont work, do vosa dip adblue tanks??

would imagine putting water/truckers tizer/coca cola/tea/coffee would invalidate the warranty.

mmtm that if you put adblue in the diesel tank and diesel in adblue tank the diesel will last as long as that adblue does, :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

VOSA are now carrying refractometers, so putting water in your adblue CAN be detected (Should be approx 32 Brix for pure adblue)

Not sure what the punishment is, a fine I would imagine.

The company I drive for sells AdBlue in 5, 10 and 500 and 1000 litre barrels. On the odd occasion, I myself have manned the pumps.
Whatever you think of this stuff, don’t get it on your trousers.