Do you mean this one Jeffrey

atlas man:

That’s the one Atlas man thankyou.

jeffrey ellener:

atlas man:

That’s the one Atlas man thankyou.

Nice to see still some interest on A1 page, I think if you look on back pages this picture has been on before, I cant remember who put it on but over the past few years there have been quite a few pictures, the only problem is not many of us can find them now, but it is still nice to have a look and see you keeping the A1 page going, if I can find any more pics I’ll try to put them on, but my problem is I was on TIR and not many of the UK, and most of mine are hills and mountain’s over the Alpes.
Jack Graham.

I don’t know if you’ve looked on the first pages from 1 up to 12 and beyond, there are lots of photographs and interesting stories from when this page was started a few years ago, they could fill in some of the years your looking for.
:- Jack Graham.

an old A.One wagon resurfaced on facebook Old Lost Memories page . The Atkinson that was refurbished by K2 .it’s in Queensferry Flintshire.

jeffrey ellener:
an old A.One wagon resurfaced on facebook Old Lost Haulier Memories page . The Atkinson that was refurbished by K2 .it’s in Queensferry Flintshire.

jeffrey ellener:
an old A.One wagon resurfaced on facebook Old Lost Memories page . The Atkinson that was refurbished by K2 .it’s in Queensferry Flintshire.

Hi Jeffrey, it’s the same Atki I have on a photo at home, which is the same one I copied to put on top if Jack’s coffin at his funeral, I went to see him a couple of months before he died and spoke about the Atki, he even tried to sell me it, what an icon that would have been to keep of the old firm. :- Jack.

Jack Graham:

jeffrey ellener:

Hi Jeffrey, it’s the same Atki I have on a photo at home, which is the same one I copied to put on top if Jack’s coffin at his funeral, I went to see him a couple of months before he died and spoke about the Atki, he even tried to sell me it, what an icon that would have been to keep of the old firm. :- Jack.

I’ve told the chap to contact K2 , he knows about the wagon. I pm,d keith to tell him about the new owner as he wanted as much info as poss .If you here from Keith tell him about this chap , I found him on Facebook his name is in the message I sent Keith. I hope your keeping well Jack , It’s 15 years since my dad passed away and I always enjoyed his tales of his time at A.One 1959 to 1985 .

jeffrey ellener:

Jack Graham:

jeffrey ellener:

I’ve told the chap to contact K2 , he knows about the wagon. I pm,d keith to tell him about the new owner as he wanted as much info as poss .If you here from Keith tell him about this chap , I found him on Facebook his name is in the message I sent Keith. I hope your keeping well Jack , It’s 15 years since my dad passed away and I always enjoyed his tales of his time at A.One 1959 to 1985 .

Hi again Jeffrey, I did hear it had gone to someone in Wales, it would be nice to see it again it it’s finished form, because when I took it to Elvington many years ago to a truck show they were putting on while we were doing some record runs on the runway, although it didn’t take any prizes that weekend, I think it was because on the outside it looked like new, but inside the cab it looked like it’s age and unfinished which spoiled it on the day, although it drove OK and was MOT’d up to date it was the inside that let it down, so yes it would be nice to see if it had been finished so the inside was as good as the outside, so I’ll just keep looking in case someone reports more info on the Atki. :- Jack.

Hi, Folks THE ATKI you are looking for is a yard long side the A 550 Near a little village Hope ,about 10 miles off the A55, iff thats any help ,Cheers Barry

barrywaddy:
Hi, Folks THE ATKI you are looking for is a yard long side the A 550 Near a little village Hope ,about 10 miles off the A55, iff thats any help ,Cheers Barry

Hi “barrywaddy”, just to check it’s the same Atki, the reg should be :- CWW731H which is the one on my wall which is also the one I took to Elvington truck show when it was half way through renovation, the outside looked fantastic, but the inside of the cab was still rough which is why it didn’t get any awards, I just hope it’s still in good order, and thanks for the info. :- Jack Graham.

any photos of the atki??

the guy that owns it now is Myles Povey hes on facebook . I told him as much as I knew about the wagon and said if he contacted Croosroads and talked to K2 he could fill him in on its history. He phoned Crossroads and said they would pass the message on but hes heard nothing so far .Hope this helps . best regards Jeff.

good site for old wagons old lost hauliers memories on facebook

Any one with knowledge of the long awaited book which should be printed soon [ but don’t hold your breath ]

BIGGEE:

thanks for putting the foto of the atky on,it looks very smart. :smiley:
regards
sm1

snowman1:

BIGGEE:

thanks for putting the foto of the atky on,it looks very smart. :smiley:
regards
sm1

Your right it does look good, Snowman, but if you ever drove a modern truck then drove this Atki you’d realize what a different world it was then, driving those old trucks was hard work, kept you on your toes, no power anything, no mesh gearboxes, almost no road springs for you to notice when driving unloaded, and leaving home to getting back was driving skills alone, not computerized machines that drive on auto boxes, with auto everything else, including sat-nav’s telling you the way to and from everywhere, right down to loading goods and unloading them, it was all down to you, the driver including changing wheels on the roadside.
Compared to driving today’s trucks almost everything they know is all read in books, where everything they do is done for them, including loading, except for your heavy haulage guy’s who have to know far more than your average driver.

hi jack
i worked for reg walters in 1959 and got to drive an assortment of trucks 8 wheel atkys that belonged to BCF and CNC
(UNDER AGE) and harry coates do you remember them,then when reg moved to lowfields rd then JR bought all those
4 wheeler AEC and reg and myself painted the chassis red i collected them and delivered a lot them from your old yard
in jack lane,then i started driving full time on a thames trader then on to a dodge,then onto the best job i ever had
rugby portland cement fleet of ERFs and fodens 12 years on nights,those old trucks were blxxdy cold on nights only
drove the later sed-atkys with the ■■■■■■■ engine very powerful truck and warm.happy days and nights and very good
money.
regards
sm1

An Iyone out there know a little history. Was Jmr from the north or south when did he set up Aone and where did he get his work from and where did he get his cash from, Anyone go to his house, I got to walk into his garage and load up lots of new tyres.One as onsaturda as I a day I asked him if I could get extra cash as I was using my cab as a love nest no he told me I owed him money for security and B and B,