A1 transport,leeds

So very sorry to hear about Joe, what a character he was,he could have the whole of Philisecafe in stitches when he started to tell one of his stories RIP Joe.

AFTER JOE WOODS FUNERAL MYSELF JACK GRAHAM ALIC KINNON TAPPER JACK DAVE HOOLEY HAVE
ALL AGREED THAT IS TIME WE HAD A REUNION SOON BUT WEE NEED YOUR SUPORT AND SUGESTIONS
I CAN SUPPLY THE FREE VENUE WITH FREE FOOD AT THE GREEN MAN BRADFORD IF YOU NOW ANY OLD BRADFORD LEEDS DRIVERS
LET THEM KNOW IE// A ONE//ASHWORTHS// BELLS//PARROTS//LONGS// FELDERS// CHAPMANS//IN FACT ANY DRIVERS THAT WANT
TO COME IF YOU CAN COME PLEASE LET ME OR JACK GRHAHAN KNOW WITH ANY NUMMBERS THAT YOU CAN BRING
POSS DATE SOME TIME IN SEPTEMBER

stuart broughton:
AFTER JOE WOODS FUNERAL MYSELF JACK GRAHAM ALIC KINNON TAPPER JACK DAVE HOOLEY HAVE
ALL AGREED THAT IS TIME WE HAD A REUNION SOON BUT WEE NEED YOUR SUPORT AND SUGESTIONS
I CAN SUPPLY THE FREE VENUE WITH FREE FOOD AT THE GREEN MAN BRADFORD IF YOU NOW ANY OLD BRADFORD LEEDS DRIVERS
LET THEM KNOW IE// A ONE//ASHWORTHS// BELLS//PARROTS//LONGS// FELDERS// CHAPMANS//IN FACT ANY DRIVERS THAT WANT
TO COME IF YOU CAN COME PLEASE LET ME OR JACK GRHAHAN KNOW WITH ANY NUMMBERS THAT YOU CAN BRING

Thank’s Stuart, you beat me to it, yes it was a sad day but nice to see a few drivers turning up to say there last good buy’s to Joe, but most of a a very sad day for his family.
And yes we all agreed it’s time we had another reunion, where is your choice, we’ve had a few venues over the past few years but most important it’s just nice to see you all again talking rubbish and spilling diesel all over the floor, so if you all can contact me or Stuart or on this page so we can get a number of people turning up, this includes other companies around the area, also family members and the people who have contributed to this page in the past few years, it could fill in a few gaps some of you have been asking about the past, I still have some Email addresses for some drivers, also some phone numbers, but I have found out in the past some of them have changed and I cant get hold of them, so we will be relying on word of mouth so we can set a date in September, and your choice of venue.
My phone number is :-07967 733880 any time. Regards :- Jack.

thats good jack if any of you need to ring me or e mail its 07946893620 stuartb08@hotmail.co.uk thanks

stuart broughton:
thats good jack if any of you need to ring me or e mail its 07946893620 stuartb08@hotmail.co.uk thanks

Thanks Stuart, I will be away from my computer for a while because my son-in-law has had a serious accident, and I’m spending time in Coventry hospital, he cant be moved close to home right now because they are trying to save his leg it’s so badly broken, so I might not see messages for a few days at a time, I came home last night and going back down in the morning and could be there a few days, so sorry but problems like these come first as you will know. :- Jack.

Jack Graham:

stuart broughton:

Thank’s Stuart, you beat me to it, yes it was a sad day but nice to see a few drivers turning up to say there last good buy’s to Joe, but most of a a very sad day for his family.
And yes we all agreed it’s time we had another reunion, where is your choice, we’ve had a few venues over the past few years but most important it’s just nice to see you all again talking rubbish and spilling diesel all over the floor, so if you all can contact me or Stuart or on this page so we can get a number of people turning up, this includes other companies around the area, also family members and the people who have contributed to this page in the past few years, it could fill in a few gaps some of you have been asking about the past, I still have some Email addresses for some drivers, also some phone numbers, but I have found out in the past some of them have changed and I cant get hold of them, so we will be relying on word of mouth so we can set a date in September, and your choice of venue.

when is it i will be there sounds a good night out :sunglasses:

bradfordlad9999:

Jack Graham:

stuart broughton:

when is it i will be there sounds a good night out :sunglasses:

found this flic.kr/p/dTpvWx

IT WILL BE AT THE GREEN MAN TOP OF OTLEY ROAD SOME TIME IN SEPTEMBER

well jack its not looking good on hear for the reunion think no one is intrested

stuart broughton:
well jack its not looking good on hear for the reunion think no one is intrested

To be honest Stuart I didn’t expect much response since not many look at the page any more, but just if anyone is looking on, everyone is invited from family, family friends etc, and other drivers from the area, but would be better if they say on this page if they are interested so we know how many to cater for.
Also I have sent you an email Stuart, just so you understand why I haven’t done much yet this time. Regards :- Jack.

got e mail jack all so jack a good pall of mine is D.J BARRY THE INTERNATINAL HYPNOTIST and he has made me aoffer to perform for u if thear is at least 50
at £2.00 per head £100 all in pluss free grub at the green man the pub is free

stuart broughton:

look forward to seeing you there

hey john yoy still looking affter rigger if you know any bfd driver that will like the reunion please let then know

Well Stuart and anyone else looking into A1 page, it looks like it has died a death, no-one is looking in or taking notice of our request for another reunion, it’s looking sad but will keep looking in now and again just in case anyone wants to chat, but you have my number and email address if you need to contact me, or anyone else including family and friends. Kind regards to all for the interest in our old company, :- Jack Graham. :frowning: :cry: :blush: :question:

Especially for jj72, better late than never :wink: :wink:
So sorry they’re only snippets of A ONE trailers, but better than nowt for the time being.

I used to see the A1 drivers loading in Luxembourg. Used to make me laugh watching how much goods they could pack in!!

it’s a shame the big internation european names that have gone down over the years. it’s the end of another era never to be repeated.

Since we don’t have many people interested in the A1 post these days, you might be interested that I meet Dave Smith and Billy Parky every few months at our top speed weekends at Elvington, they have been going for the past few years, also Peter Scollic came a few weeks ago and were meeting again this weekend for our top speed world record weekends, if the weather is good for us we have a great time and talk work as usual.
So if anyone wants to come for a breath of fresh air and a chat about old times, we’ll be there from Friday evening to Sunday evening, weather permitting, catering and toilets on site. :- Jack.

I seem to remember a photo of the fleet just after the move to Gildersome . I cant remember what site it was on , there were a few of the old trucks on there no Volvos just AECs mainly. Just wondering if anyone could put it up on here !

I also remember the old shed in the middle of the yard well before the bottom wharehouse was erected .and an old caterpillar tractor that was outside the garage parked on a slope so it could be bumped off. the garage motors , two Austin JUs and a Landrover pickup that the tyreman had Peter ? and then Daisey . I don’t know if anyone can help but it would be nice to see that photo. Best regards Jeff.