Devanneys in leeds

this is when my dad used to do european work for them in leeds.

sorry if i repeated some but with all the pic’s i got confused.

nice photos Alex so diesels in your blood too, :slight_smile: i have lots of photos of my dads old wagons but am not very good on a computer have to learn a bit more before i can post my pics

RS005D1136:
nice photos Alex so diesels in your blood too, :slight_smile: i have lots of photos of my dads old wagons but am not very good on a computer have to learn a bit more before i can post my pics

if you want send them to me and i will scan them then post them back to you and also email your pic’s back to you then you have them on the computer and i can tell you how to post them.

interesting pics jd!

mmmh jd, i see a few of those photos were taken in our old yard where steve and john used to rent the middle wearhouse from us “cds” then m1 commercials,now whos your dad■■? i just may know him if he was in cds yard, cheers daz,

jd… did your dad run swiss■■? for steve??

Luv the pics especially the Gobbys - I see he had a rare F12 flat cab.

they had a few f12 flat roof biker,

Very good pictures!!!

I wonder about Devanney company are still running to europe or UK work at moment ? or closing down bankrupt ?

Cheers Ben

yes my dad used to do the swiss run out tuesday night back either sat night or sunday morning.
he is called sandy an irritating little scotch git.

this is the grumpy old sod…

no no betz they are still going doing swiss and they send a lorry to paris every week plus deliverys down the east side of france and anything else that comes along now they are also doing containers around leeds for p&o cos they lost the my cartons work.
not a good firm to work for though crap money.

Nice Pics :smiley:

im glad to see hes got a check shirt on, proper driver!

Nice pics JD, looks a nice firm. keep em coming
What kind of stuff they running now??

:slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

MAD28:
Nice pics JD, looks a nice firm. keep em coming
What kind of stuff they running now??

:slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

from what ive seen on the road cos i dont have anything to do with them now they have a 04 reg globetrotter xl 4 wheeler and some 6 wheeler units ranging down to a p reg they diffinatley make sure they get thier moneys worth they do get the best volvos new then run em into the ground.

yer jd, i know sandy the scot/london cross breed lol, i still see him now and then in crap liner, last time i saw him he was doing a bit for old norman bishop, used to love winding old sandy up , lol, aint it a small world , daz

they still have that old D reg f12 globby jd aswell, reason for keepimg it■■? its never cost em a penny still has the org tacho head fitted, funny guys to work for tho esp john he was one strange grumpy ■■■■■■, always got on ok with steve, terry was a tad fun aswell but i never worked for em thank god, as i said jd i new em all due to them been in our yard at cross green and waddingtons old place before it wasc knockeed down, steve and billy used to repair our trucks when we all was in cross green yard,

Sorry Daz, we get the picture but I don’t think the auto censor takes kindly to being fooled :wink: - David.

globby 480:
they still have that old D reg f12 globby jd aswell, reason for keepimg it■■? its never cost em a penny still has the org tacho head fitted, funny guys to work for tho esp john he was one strange grumpy f**ker, always got on ok with steve, terry was a tad fun aswell but i never worked for em thank god, as i said jd i new em all due to them been in our yard at cross green and waddingtons old place before it wasc knockeed down, steve and billy used to repair our trucks when we all was in cross green yard,

yep dad used to do a bit for norman but he is selling his truck and trailer now due to ill health and me dad wont do anymore driving. i used to get on ok with john and steve like you say steve was alright but john was moody i never worked for them but they did sort me out with a bit of euro work with hexagon who they do all the thier euro work through but i was doing express deliverys to france and germany but i only did a dozen trips it was like suicide work setting of from leeds at 6.30 pm loading in coventry or peterboro or both then hike it down to thann los vosges near epinal cash in hand 150 quid a trip sometimes even loading to come back and back no stopping apart from diesal and ferrys. i even got back one friday morning absolutely knackered and they tried to pressure me to go straight back out again but i didnt… :open_mouth: .

they did phone me dad to try and get me to work for them doing france but i was already at longs by then and i was wised up to their tricks by then.

yep i know what u mean jd, they have got worse from what i hear, but thats only ear say tho, still trying to place you in f.liner tho?? not to worry i just hope u aint as ugly as ya old boy, or it would be a very sad place lol, only joking mate, :wink:

Good photo’s but christ isn’t it odd how so many kids used to go with their dad’s and have now followed their footsteps into this job.I know i’m one of them but now with all this health and safety crap would you be able to take your kids now adays
It still gives me immense pride in the job when me and my dad pass each other on the roads and the lights are flashing etc.
Am i a bit sad?