Devanneys in leeds

Excellent photos Dad, i did load with one of Devannys just over a year ago in Switzerland,near lake Konstanz. Crap load, a pizza factory was being taken apart and shipped over to Manchester.
The Devanney driver wasnt impressed that me and another bloke were in front of him to load and that everything came out thru the 2nd floor by crane!
He really wanted to be getting back to GB asap

jase:
Good photo’s

I’ll second that :laughing:

would you be able to take your kids now adays

Took the words right out of my mouth :open_mouth:

It still gives me immense pride in the job when me and my dad pass
each other on the roads and the lights are flashing etc.
Am i a bit sad?

You certainly aren’t, I’d have been the same if my Dad had still been driving
when I was. In fact he was never a professional, but drove for his friend
George Bunce of Southampton during Uni holidays. I know this comment
should be in the Old Timers but does anyone remember that firm, later
nationalised into BRS after which George became manager at Island Link
until retirement?

Salut, David.

you can take kids with you if you work for the right kind of firm, the bloke with the sedd ack i worked for for instance, no probs. big firms are the worst for this type of stuff they are miserbale gits.

I saw one of Devanneys trucks in Crossroads on Monday, seems as though they are still on the go in Europe.

wonderful pictures and the little storys that came with the posts ,thanks very much.

I know that part of the autobahn well. Thats leaving Swiss ( Weil am Rhien ) Its was called the Frieburg Split. One carried on to [D] + [L] . The other took you to [F] And the other one of them `orrible old Cliffs of Dover… The forklift loading the drums looks like Driespitz in Basel.

harry:
I know that part of the autobahn well. Thats leaving Swiss ( Weil am Rhien ) Its was called the Frieburg Split. One carried on to [D] + [L] . The other took you to [F] And the other one of them `orrible old Cliffs of Dover… The forklift loading the drums looks like Driespitz in Basel.

bang on the nail harry. that is basel.

Yeah ,that joint was made for rail tracks ,not rubber wheels.

brilliant pictures mate ! :smiley:

jessicas dad I can remember your Dad. But I was working for a Swiss outfit at the time so we never run together… He would load for UK. I would load for Portugal. I used to chat to him at the truckstop in Muttenz…? Loved a whinge…?

harry:
Loved a whinge…?

yep thats him harry, he is still the same lol . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he even moans about having nothing to moan about. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

he is retired now and does nothing but potter about making a nuseince of himself.
he left devannys and then went to freightliner and he got me a job there the best job he ever had and still used to complain about that.

cant moan about him too much cos he’s my dad.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

small world

I think he even wore that shirt in Summer… :laughing:

harry:
I think he even wore that shirt in Summer… :laughing:

im sure he would wear it now if he could find it. but i bet my mum’s seen to that.

Just pop into the Total in Zeebrugge ,they are always in fashion there… :laughing:
I think I have one he can have. Its too small for me these days. Its all the weight lifting I do…Them pints seem to get heavier… :laughing:

Nice pics there mate especialy the flat roof F12 :smiley:

I was talking to a lad in Muskham on Sunday, I was surprised he was driving a new truck, I mentioned that he was being spoilt and he asked me for the phone number of my company :stuck_out_tongue:

dont surprise me malc…

devannys is really crap money.

great pics JD

jessicas dad:

MAD28:
Nice pics JD, looks a nice firm. keep em coming
What kind of stuff they running now??

:slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

from what ive seen on the road cos i dont have anything to do with them now they have a 04 reg globetrotter xl 4 wheeler and some 6 wheeler units ranging down to a p reg they diffinatley make sure they get thier moneys worth they do get the best volvos new then run em into the ground.

My brother bought one of their old FH Globetrotters a while back, was a bit worn round the edges, but mechanically sound.After a respray to get rid of that 'orrible colour, and a good valet, it looked as good as new. Hes had no probs with it whatsoever in the 5 months hes had it. Hes got every service record for it so well maintained!

just going through some of the old pages, some great photos in there cheers!