A1 transport,leeds

del949:

Hi Chris,this was the first fh a one got,driver sat in the cab is Paul Henry from Bradford,but was soon replaced and it went back to crossroads due to been crap on fuel and replaced with a 420bhp,frank Robson got it,they both went to stobarts and now both retired,keith

are you sure thats Paul Henry?

hi ,i hope it is ,if any one if any one can tell us any different please put a name,keith

It will be a few weeks before I see Paul again but I will ask him then.

Eyup Keith

When i saw the picture of the FH straight away i thought it was Paul Henry.
Sent you a pm other night :wink: :wink: I also found a pic of Jack Graham at Elvington bike races i`ll post up asap

Phil

philberg182:
Eyup Keith

When i saw the picture of the FH straight away i thought it was Paul Henry.
Sent you a pm other night :wink: :wink: I also found a pic of Jack Graham at Elvington bike races i`ll post up asap

Phil

eyup Phil,nice to see you back on here,got your pm mate,i keep in touch with keith c with TX he is god of all sparky’s that i have worked with ,would not still be doing this job if it was not for him help in me.to let some one go like him is crazy.that’s why i get called k2 he is the number one,k2 :wink:

del949:
It will be a few weeks before I see Paul again but I will ask him then.

hi del949,sorry did not mean to sound so rude,when you see him tell him i was asking about him,thanks keith

can any one remember some green scanias wot a one had would have been about 1976/77,the shop steward on uk had one called Geoff? .Cockney ray had one but painted red and did tir work with it.keith :wink:

hi del949,sorry did not mean to sound so rude,when you see him tell him i was asking about him,thanks keith

didn’t sound rude to me anyway keith, no worries mate.
Actually it will be a bit longer as I am away on hols for a month from sunday.

collycoltas:
I can remember 2 seddon atkis,one had a rolls engine and the other a ■■■■■■■■ I think they were the 400 series. Don’t know which depot they were based at but remember working on them :slight_smile: As for F7s as you rightly say jack there was a lot of them, V,W,X,Y and B reg,mainly sleeper cabs but some of the older ones were day cab versions.When i started full time in 1985 approx 50 new ones arrived on B plates,if i remember rightly 6 of them had the more powerful engine & 16speed box :astonished: Regards Paul :confused:

Working in the workshop Paul you’d know more about these than any of us, all I know there were a lot. :-Jack

keith 2:
can any one remember some green scanias wot a one had would have been about 1976/77,the shop steward on uk had one called Geoff? .Cockney ray had one but painted red and did tir work with it.keith :wink:

the green scanias came from dowells at southend and jack broadbent had one called moylem express AONE TOOK OVER DOWELLS FOR THE PLASSER RAILWAY MACHINERY JOB AT WATFORD WE DELLIVERED THE GOODS TO GERMANY AND ASTRIA i seem to think dennis glover had one think that thear wear 4 of them i think it was the time we started to get the 1932 mercs with the v 10s in cos i did the first load with ray ( the cockney) ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

stuart broughton:

keith 2:

the green scanias came from dowells at southend and jack broadbent had one called moylem express AONE TOOK OVER DOWELLS FOR THE PLASSER RAILWAY MACHINERY JOB AT WATFORD WE DELLIVERED THE GOODS TO GERMANY AND ASTRIA i seem to think dennis glover had one think that thear wear 4 of them i think it was the time we started to get the 1932 mercs with the v 10s in cos i did the first load with ray ( the cockney) ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

Well done the workshop guy’s, I knew you’d know more than we drivers did, and yes it was Dowells, I remember Jacky Broadbent doing the clutch at the border going into Czechoslovakia, we stopped together all weekend, untill the dealers open up on the Monday, I wont tell you how we entertained ourselves for the weekend, but if you knew J Broadbent as much as I did, we had to be satisfied with a liquid diet.
Nuff said, RIP Jack we worked together since early 1960s, and you were a great guy. :-Jack Graham PS, one Scania 140 went to Newport.

Jack Graham:

stuart broughton:

keith 2:

Well done the workshop guy’s, I knew you’d know more than we drivers did, and yes it was Dowells, I remember Jacky Broadbent doing the clutch at the border going into Czechoslovakia, we stopped together all weekend, untill the dealers open up on the Monday, I wont tell you how we entertained ourselves for the weekend, but if you knew J Broadbent as much as I did, we had to be satisfied with a liquid diet.
Nuff said, RIP Jack we worked together since early 1960s, and you were a great guy. :-Jack Graham PS, one Scania 140 went to Newport.

since when i stuart broughton work in the work shop you losing it jack ha ha still love ya though :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

just found some more photos,OMG i have some hair on one of them he he,i was 19 then, cheeky little bugger 1979,will post them soon :wink: keith

does anyone remember them? if i remember rightly they were on geldard road.
what happened to them?

kojak:
what happened to them?

A One were indeed headquartered on Gelderd Road. As I recall, they went into recerivership and were wound up several years ago.

Hi guys. Back at last, After all the troubles over xmas with my laptop and trying to get back on trucknet, I have finaly managed!!! Getting too old for all this technical stuff!!!
Soon after starting on the “Continental” runs, I had to haul some goods to that place on the German border, The Plasser Rly factory. I was very green and didn’t really know what to do at the borders. Cut a long story short. The Germans kept my passport o/n as they closed the border as I was standing there. In the morning I demanded,in VERY strong words, the return of my passport. The customs man,very slowly withdrew his pistol, rested it on the desk and said in a quiet tone of voice “Do not speak to me like zat again” and handed me my passport!!

I nearly told him how many times the English had beaten them at various times in history!? (but thought better of it)

Stuart

They used to do a lot of Italy in the early days. Proper job if you liked driving F86 Volvos through the Blanc :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of the work was from International Tractors, Mccormick in Doncaster, although in latter days they were doing quite a lot of Hungary

Gone but not forgotten :laughing:

A One were indeed headquartered on Gelderd Road. As I recall, they went into recerivership and were wound up several years ago.

i thought so,cheers :slight_smile:

They used to do a lot of Italy in the early days. Proper job if you liked driving F86 Volvos through the Blanc

A lot of the work was from International Tractors, Mccormick in Doncaster, although in latter days they were doing quite a lot of Hungary

Gone but not forgotten

thats when drivers were drivers…lol

kojak:
what happened to them?

Quite possibly lurking in my attic along with Leslie Trucking and a load of other photos…

note to self…get up there soon.

webbo’s brother:
Does anyone remember my late brother Peter Webster, he was a tyre fitter for A-one at geldered road. Ive loads of memories of A-one from my school days, my brother used to take me to work with him on school holidays. Attended loads of blowouts around the country with him, Remember there was a Guy big j in the yard waiting to go to the scrap yard and i asked if i could have the Guy badge with the indians head on, he gave me a hacksaw and said if you get it off you can have it, went home with a nice trophy that day.

I remember peter I was an apprentice and we had to jump start an aec mercury he pulled me up to the top of the yard in his ex firetruck landrover then pushed me back down on a bar , it started but the air would not build up so he was trying to stop us both just made it before end of the garage,he was laughfing his head off i was ■■■■■■■■ myself :smiley:

mr ellener was your dad jack ellener because ithink we worked together at a one