A1 transport,leeds

dreva:
great idea jack dont think theres anywhere with enough beer or space for it though :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dreva, you wanna bet, it could always be arranged, you have to know where to go, and who to talk to, but it could be arranged.
All it takes is to have the commitment from the drivers on Trucknet UK and it could be arranged.
You start it and I’ll try to do it, but remember not all the drivers from A One came to ours but the more you invite the more get interested, so it’s up to you and I’m interested, maybe try this next year, to get more to come to our reunion from other companies, and take it from there. :- Jack :smiley: :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah why not jack lets give it a go :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

dreva:

OK Dreva, if we can get some support from other drivers, from A One and other companies, I’m for it, you never know we might need a field to get them all in. :wink: :sunglasses: :-Jack.

Jack Graham:

dreva:

OK Dreva, if we can get some support from other drivers, from A One and other companies, I’m for it, you never know we might need a field to get them all in, and some sand to soak up the spilt Diesel. :wink: :sunglasses: :-Jack.

I remember you forgot to come to the last one Dreva!!!, :grimacing: if we set a date early this time, how many times will you need to be reminded.
Also to all the rest of you guy’s please tell me when you want the next one, will the same weekend be OK or do you want it sooner or latter, let me know soon because I intend to get it sorted sooner this time, so that you can all arrange between your holidays, because a few were on there holidays last time, and the idea is to get us all there together if possible. :- Jack :sunglasses: :laughing: :wink:

Out of interst how many Volvo F7’s did A One run? they probably had the largest fleet in the UK, what other vehicles did they have? I know of the F12’s, Mercedes and Seddon Atkinsons.

georgeking:
Out of interst how many Volvo F7’s did A One run? they probably had the largest fleet in the UK, what other vehicles did they have? I know of the F12’s, Mercedes and Seddon Atkinsons.

They ran these a few years before the F7s George ,i remember a few Scanias and vast amounts of F86s

A One.jpg

georgeking:

Drove from new, one of the daycab 7s out of M/bro, not sure whether there was 3 or 5 there, memory not what it was.:lol
dave

georgeking:

I dont know how many F7’s they had but there was a lot of them, there were about 4 or 6 F12’s and the rest were F10’s, but the F 10’s and F12’s went on the continental for the fist few years, before they went on UK work, there were also 6 ERF’s which also went on the continent first, but regarding Seddon Atkinson’s I dont remember having any, unless they had a couple in other depot’s but not in Leeds.
No doubt some-one will correct me if I’m wrong, but then I was in the continental dept and could be wrong, because we didn’t spend so much time in the UK, there were also 5 or 6 Scannia’s that went on the continent. :-Jack :wink: :slight_smile:

I can remember 2 seddon atkis,one had a rolls engine and the other a ■■■■■■■■ I think they were the 400 series. Dont know which depot they were based at but remember working on them :slight_smile: As for F7s as you rightly say jack there was alot of them, V,W,X,Y and B reg,mainly sleeper cabs but some of the older ones were day cab versions.When i started full time in 1985 approx 50 new ones arrived on B plates,if i remember rightly 6 of them had the more powerfull engine & 16speed box :astonished: Regards paul :confused:

collycoltas:
I can remember 2 seddon atkis,one had a rolls engine and the other a ■■■■■■■■ I think they were the 400 series. Dont know which depot they were based at but remember working on them :slight_smile: As for F7s as you rightly say jack there was alot of them, V,W,X,Y and B reg,mainly sleeper cabs but some of the older ones were day cab versions.When i started full time in 1985 approx 50 new ones arrived on B plates,if i remember rightly 6 of them had the more powerfull engine & 16speed box :astonished: Regards paul :confused:

you are correct Paul,them f 7s replaced them crap erfs,one crap truck hated working on them.the seddons was from the Leeds dept and was on the scotch trunk they were demos but drank to much but they did fly.our first fl 7 came on c reg on one the phots,first fl 10 came on d reg which Chris marshall got and did tir work with it,Paul get some more of your stories on here,i know you have lots ,k2 :smiley:

Did that d reg fl10 go down to newport when it came off continent keith? I’m trying to remember the full reg but strugglin :confused: Have you still got that fleet list? Do you remember the 6wheeler fl10’s with the front mounted eminox exhaust? They sounded nice,especialy when pulling hard with a full load,i think joe speight had one for a time :slight_smile: I realy miss all them characters but proud and honoured to have met them :smiley:

hi happy new year to you all i am still looking for a photo of the tractor cab trailers if anyone can help out and before they were painted red even better my dad used to do the cab job from croix to carr hill for james c ashworths but cant find any pictures whatsoever of the trailers thanks in advance if anybody can help out

collycoltas:
Did that d reg fl10 go down to newport when it came off continent keith? I’m trying to remember the full reg but strugglin :confused: Have you still got that fleet list? Do you remember the 6wheeler fl10’s with the front mounted eminox exhaust? They sounded nice,especialy when pulling hard with a full load,i think joe speight had one for a time :slight_smile: I realy miss all them characters but proud and honoured to have met them :smiley:

Hi Paul,you are better than me at remembering,i think it did go down to newport,the reg was D176 fogot the rest,the fl 10s 6 wheelers i am also gone blank :blush: .the fleet list i lost years ago wish i still had it,remember fitting the speed limiters to the fl10s bloody 80 trucks doing 3 a day,was fed up them,one good thing out of it i got my class one :smiley: meeting a school and work mate tomorrow ,worked at a one for 2 year ,not seen him for 33 years called steve morton.we both got arested in a ones yard by the CID for fighting in Leeds,NOT something to be proud of :blush: was only 17 and got 3 month in dc.keith

Ey up keith,hope you had a good time meeting up with your old buddy :smiley: Well you got the first part of that reg and i think i can remember last bit, LYG (D176 LYG) :laughing: I remember you fitting those limiters,repetative work! Those 6wheeler fl10s were second hand from xroads on G reg i think. There were 2 of them, they also bought some 4x2s at same time,then the next batch were brand new on Jplates with air suspension if i remember rightly.Can you remember those white fl10s F reg i think? If so what contract were they on? cheers paul :smiley:

Some sad news to relay. I have only found out today that Harry Sunter ex Cliff Parrott and A one driver is no longer with us.RIP Harry.

Taken in France in 1995,is this smart Volvo FH12-380T Globetrotter 6X2…Hope ex- A One drivers envoy it ! Chris.

CHRIS BARON:
Taken in France in 1995,is this smart Volvo FH12-380T Globetrotter 6X2…Hope ex- A One drivers envoy it ! Chris.

Hi Chris,this was the first fh a one got,driver sat in the cab is Paul Henry from Bradford,but was soon replaced and it went back to crossroads due to been crap on fuel and replaced with a 420bhp,frank Robson got it,they both went to stobarts and now both retired,keith :wink:

keith 2:

CHRIS BARON:

Hi Chris,this was the first fh a one got,driver sat in the cab is Paul Henry from Bradford,but was soon replaced and it went back to crossroads due to been crap on fuel and replaced with a 420bhp,frank Robson got it,they both went to stobarts and now both retired,keith :wink:

has anyone any info on this truck or photo’s,was still running in 2009,keith

collycoltas:
Ey up keith,hope you had a good time meeting up with your old buddy :smiley: Well you got the first part of that reg and i think i can remember last bit, LYG (D176 LYG) :laughing: I remember you fitting those limiters,repetative work! Those 6wheeler fl10s were second hand from xroads on G reg i think. There were 2 of them, they also bought some 4x2s at same time,then the next batch were brand new on Jplates with air suspension if i remember rightly.Can you remember those white fl10s F reg i think? If so what contract were they on? cheers paul :smiley:

hi Paul,had a brill night mate,when it comes to trucks and women we are on the same wave length,the fl 10s was on scotch trunk for ici,they was painted white and gray at the bottom.when the limiter came in force they found it hard to do it in the night,was asked to sort it.answer was no that prison time been there once not going a gain,a hand full of drivers new how to sort the limiters out but turned a blind eye :smiley: i had to do a crap job due to them limiters and one dept got shut down,keith

Hi Chris,this was the first fh a one got,driver sat in the cab is Paul Henry from Bradford,but was soon replaced and it went back to crossroads due to been crap on fuel and replaced with a 420bhp,frank Robson got it,they both went to stobarts and now both retired,keith

are you sure thats Paul Henry?