A lorry and rail bridge in Grantham

A lorry has crashed into a rail bridge in Grantham causing tailbacks of traffic.

Motorists are being asked to avoid the area while police get the congestion under control.

The incident has happened at the railway bridge in Barrowby Road - which has large, bright signs warning drivers of the low bridge.

The A52 at Barrowby Road is closed in both directions due to the accident between A607 Barrowby Road and Barrowby Gate.

Is there an alarming increase in bridge strikes or is it just that they’re getting more publicity?

Not again!..

Wasn’t this one walloped and a thread started on here quite recently?

Isn’t that bridge 4.5m? Surprised that Turk has hit it, unless he wasn’t between the goalposts.

FFS!!! Grantham again [emoji35] how ■■■■■■■ big do they need to make the ■■■■■■■ sign. I weep for the future of his or her children.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Isn’t that bridge 4.5m? Surprised that Turk has hit it, unless he wasn’t between the goalposts.

Yup, like an England player…can’t get it between the goal posts [emoji57]

well as least the lorry wasn’t green :smiley:

Some way off the goalposts judging by the photo…

nomiS36:
FFS!!! Grantham again [emoji35] how [zb] big do they need to make the [zb] sign. I weep for the future of his or her children.

To be fair with them being in Turkey I doubt it will affect them to much

Mazzer2:

nomiS36:
FFS!!! Grantham again [emoji35] how [zb] big do they need to make the [zb] sign. I weep for the future of his or her children.

To be fair with them being in Turkey I doubt it will affect them to much

Think about it.
Take all the time you need :wink:

The bridge on the A5 at Hinkley was hit by a truck again today according to BBC news this morning, that must be a candidate for the most strikes recently?

Pete.

I work for Network Rail and just looked at todays bridge strikes between 0700and 1600 ten bridges got hit

The 14’3" bridge on the A52 Barrowby Road near ASDA now has a sign coming in to Grantham telling you ‘No Vehicles Over 14’ ’ ,but other than a narrow side road at that point you can’t turn back! Great. :unamused:

mac12:
I work for Network Rail and just looked at todays bridge strikes between 0700and 1600 ten bridges got hit

I’m genuinely amazed! I wonder, are the statistics going up or has it always been around that sort of figure, well, since trailers started getting ridiculously high anyway.

nomiS36:

mac12:

I’m genuinely amazed! I wonder, are the statistics going up or has it always been around that sort of figure, well, since trailers started getting ridiculously high anyway.

I don’t no the answer to that but on average it works out at 5 every day of the year

Not very often the Turks do it, they’re usually pretty good.

zaax:

Road closed as lorry crashes into railway bridge in Grantham - Lincolnshire Live

A lorry has crashed into a rail bridge in Grantham causing tailbacks of traffic.

Motorists are being asked to avoid the area while police get the congestion under control.

The incident has happened at the railway bridge in Barrowby Road - which has large, bright signs warning drivers of the low bridge.

The A52 at Barrowby Road is closed in both directions due to the accident between A607 Barrowby Road and Barrowby Gate.

that’s an old photo,from last year i think. anyhoo… that bridge is 15’,and if he’d gone through in the middle,like i do (14’4’'),he’d have sailed through :slight_smile:

cracker-bar:
Not very often the Turks do it, they’re usually pretty good.

Or fortunate they don’t have trailers higher than 4.0 meters?

That’s not Barrowby Road bridge, that one is Harlaxton Road ( A607). Barrowby bridge is not an arched bridge. The bridge pictured and the one just along from it on Springfield Road are apparently both in the top 5 list of most struck bridges in Britain.

That’s harlaxton road…not barrowby road.