Warminster BP services

A36, went to park there last night, thinking would not park here under normal non covid circumstances, but it’ll do for shower, then bog and coffee in morning, and I would think relatively safe.
Pulled in there was about 6 trucks parked up, then behind them about 20 :open_mouth: vans, pick ups, and caravans belonging to the Caravan Club members (terrorist division) :unamused:
Thought, ■■■■■■■■ to that, but if I park up towards the pumps with cameras should be ok (nothing valuable on, just concerned about fuel)

Went in…‘‘How much to park mate’’?

14 quid he says. :open_mouth:

‘‘Ok, so are those lot all paying 14 quid also’’

If they don’t they’ll get a ticket…he says, . :laughing: …aye right, sure that will deter them. :unamused:

After laughing, I said…
‘‘Ok, good luck with that one, so what do I get with my 14 quid, …shower, voucher, a coffee maybe’’?

Just parking he says. :unamused:

‘‘Right, so where are the toilets’’?

He pointed to a ■■■■ portaloo ffs. :open_mouth:
‘‘Tell ya what mate, ■■■■ forget it’’

The word ‘‘SERVICES’’ are in the clue, have these basts lost their way or what?
What kind of ‘‘services’’ do they think they are providing exactly?
They rate somewhere between ■■■■ poor and totally crap.
And all for 14 ■■■■ quid, with those lack of facilities…a fiver tops I would reck.

■■■■ disgrace, and another example of what we truckers are just expected to put up with on the UK nowadays… :imp:

Meanwhile PD was swigging real ale on your patch enjoying the sunshine :laughing:

It’s a total disgrace Rob. Haven’t been to UK in a truck for more than 10 years and that’s the main reason I give it a wide berth. A couple of mates do it regularly and I just can’t believe how much they pay to P in these holes of crap. Sadly I can’t see it changing any time soon.

There’s definitely a plus with this furlough malarkey, clean showers, hot meals, cold beers, sleeping in your own bed and getting paid for it, rather than having to keep one eye open for the caravan club members nearby

peirre:
There’s definitely a plus with this furlough malarkey, clean showers, hot meals, cold beers, sleeping in your own bed and getting paid for it, rather than having to keep one eye open for the caravan club members nearby

What I still had to in my own home watch for caravans last Wednesday as 20th was suppose to be Wickham horse fair but even though it was cancelled the caravan dwellers still came :imp: and when the police turned them away they came to Gosport looking for empty car parks or sports fields to park up on , luckily our local park the access road the council use is a to tighter turn to get in so with their long caravans they would have hit the metal railings :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Meanwhile PD was swigging real ale on your patch enjoying the sunshine :laughing:

My patch?
Where abouts Dan?

Aye, I know, before you say it …my back garden with my Mrs as I was down there. :laughing: :laughing:

Robroy , the Portaloo or Tardis/Turdis has been there for years , I think they put it there for when the main building was shut at night , in pre-Covid days .
Ironically I saw every lay by from the Warminster bypass until Westbury full of lorries last night at 19.00 after a day on Weymouth beach .
You may have been better off at the new garage on the Frome bypass where the Travelodge and pub is , an industrial estate , the garage is open 24 hours and has a loo that is open , off Jenson Button Avenue .

Or Beckington services has a garage with a loo, 24 hours , there is a lay by going towards Trowbridge , depending in which way you were heading , no place to turn around if facing towards Trowbridge where you can U turn at Southwick , 6 miles away from that lay by .
Tea van and hot food in that lay by off the A36 .

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

My patch?
Where abouts Dan?

Aye, I know, before you say it …my back garden with my Mrs as I was down there. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :blush: Last min decision jenkinsons .

toby1234abc:
Robroy , the Portaloo or Tardis/Turdis has been there for years , I think they put it there for when the main building was shut at night , in pre-Covid days .
Ironically I saw every lay by from the Warminster bypass until Westbury full of lorries last night at 19.00 after a day on Weymouth beach .
You may have been better off at the new garage on the Frome bypass where the Travelodge and pub is , an industrial estate , the garage is open 24 hours and has a loo that is open , off Jenson Button Avenue .

Or Beckington services has a garage with a loo, 24 hours , there is a lay by going towards Trowbridge , depending in which way you were heading , no place to turn around if facing towards Trowbridge where you can U turn at Southwick , 6 miles away from that lay by .
Tea van and hot food in that lay by off the A36 .

Cheers mate.
Headed down the way to A303 w/bound, ended up behind a 24hr Esso service station with all the facilities (well, apart from a shower, but free to park) in a small lay by right off the main road behind it, very quiet and all lit up so safe enough.

I think I know where you were , the first services after turning right off the A350 , there is the permanent take away food place in the next lay by after leaving the Esso .
£14 seems a rip off at Warminster , similar to the Swannery car park in Weymouth , with Government rules on not being allowed to stay overnight , the machine takes the money for 24 hours anyway , if you arrive at 08.30 , it’s a fiver until 15.30 , and free after 18.00 , but £8 to stay until 18.00 .
Which allows parking for 24 hours .
With the showers shut at Warminster , I wonder if the fee included use of the hose pipe outside for a military style wash ?

robroy:
I know, before you say it …
my back garden with my Mrs as I was down there. :laughing: :laughing:

I hope there was steak on the menu :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

robroy:

I don’t,… all I had was a Ginsters pie and a can of Lilt. :laughing:

robroy:

peirre:

robroy:

I don’t,… all I had was a Ginsters pie and a can of Lilt. :laughing:

That’s bordering Dozy cuisine that :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
That’s bordering Dozy cuisine that :laughing: :laughing:

Im sure Robroy could’ve found a manky orange to complete the authenticity of the meal

Ironically I happened to have a 16oz rump steak yesterday served with all the trimmings, after I’d eaten it I had to have an hour on the bunk (I meant sofa) to sleep it off

Nah got to fess up, it was a ‘civilised’ lay by off the main road,.and I had a chicken casserole (home made) warmed up, with sponge pudding and custard, with a bottle of Stella. :sunglasses: …and 11 off.
So haven’t gone ‘‘All dozy’’ just yet thanks. :smiley:

It’s Moto there as well and they don’t let you have any of the Moto deals because they say they can’t do them on the till which is one more reason besides the portaloo toilet provision I never stop there.

Commerce Park on the Frome bypass has a newish 24 hour Shell garage with proper loos so you can have better facilities for zero parking cost. At Warminster there’s as industrial estate within walking distance of the BP.

Own Account Driver:
there’s as industrial estate within walking distance of the BP.

Is there?
Ok, so you come out of the services and then where?

robroy:

Own Account Driver:

Is there?

Turn left into the weight limit (except for access) and it’s on your left. Spoons is a 5 minute walk from that ind est too. Not that it’ll do you any good at the moment, but you can press your face up against the windows and sob! :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:

Own Account Driver:

Is there?

Turn left into the weight limit (except for access) and it’s on your left. Spoons is a 5 minute walk from that ind est too. Not that it’ll do you any good at the moment, but you can press your face up against the windows and sob! :smiley:

Yeah, footpath into town round the corner from Travis Perkins. Would’ve been Thursday Curry Club as well. Been in twice first time dead second time rammed with squaddies bouncing off the wall.

the maoster:

robroy:

Own Account Driver:

Is there?

Bit you’d have to walk past a decent looking chippy first though… :wink: