Clacket Lane Westbound

Just a word of warning, the unofficial caravan club of the leftover tarmacers, have set up camp in the lorry park. About 10-15 strong

:smiley: Don’t you mean Caravan Utilizeing Nomadic Travellers is the correct pc acronym

Are they tarmacing the car park?

Bet they aint paying 20 quid each to park though…they’ve got more sense.

robroy:

£20? Nowhere is that cheap! £33 in there :open_mouth:

OVLOV JAY:

robroy:

You’ve just pointed out the reason why I never park on those ■■■■ holes Jay.
That was just an estimate, and I thought that was too bloody much for what you get on those places. :smiling_imp:

I hear you robroy, and agree. I’ve only ever parked there on Maritime which was on account. I normally only park where I can use the fuel card, so extra services are generally the only msa’s I use. I do believe that msa’s should provide free Hgv parking as the land belongs to the highways department. Truckstop’s are a different matter as they’re private land trying to run a business, and to be fair, it’s 2017, the prices aren’t actually that high when you consider how much they pay for business rates etc, and the upkeep of the land, operating costs for the building and staff etc. It just drives home how poor our stagnated 2004 wages and night out money is. By now, the lower end of jobs should be paying a take home of £600 plus a week, with the higher end jobs being circa £50k pa. That’s where our cost of living has taken us, even if the bean counters haven’t followed

They’ve…

Probably persuaded the site manager that the lorry park needs retarmacing and they’ll do it for the knock-down price of 6k (cash up-front).

Alternatively, the stench of years of stale urine will become too much to live with.

So, they’ll be gone soon enough.

yourhavingalarf:
They’ve…

Probably persuaded the site manager that the lorry park needs retarmacing and they’ll do it for the knock-dwon price of 6k (cash up-front).

Alternatively, the stench of years of stale urine will become too much to live with.

download.jpg

Here’s the music to go with that…

youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

robroy:

You’ve just pointed out the reason why I never park on those [zb] holes Jay.
That was just an estimate, and I thought that was too bloody much for what you get on those places. :smiling_imp:

When we had our 18 migrant friends hop on board one of our trailers, it was Clackett Lane that I sent the drivers to, to wait for the police.

Several months later, we got a bill for parking :cry: The drivers had other things other than parking on their mind. In fairness, we did explain and they cancelled the invoice.