Warminster BP services

robroy:

Own Account Driver:
there’s as industrial estate within walking distance of the BP.

Is there?
Ok, so you come out of the services and then where?

Back out of the services, first left as if you were heading back to the services but carry on past, first left at the next roundabout…

here is your chance to have you say sign this now and share it

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/314209

My local MP will take it up with the Minister of Transport but I need as many signatures as possible

robroy:
A36, went to park there last night, thinking would not park here under normal non covid circumstances, but it’ll do for shower, then bog and coffee in morning, and I would think relatively safe.
Pulled in there was about 6 trucks parked up, then behind them about 20 :open_mouth: vans, pick ups, and caravans belonging to the Caravan Club members (terrorist division) :unamused:
Thought, ■■■■■■■■ to that, but if I park up towards the pumps with cameras should be ok (nothing valuable on, just concerned about fuel)

Went in…‘‘How much to park mate’’?

14 quid he says. :open_mouth:

‘‘Ok, so are those lot all paying 14 quid also’’

If they don’t they’ll get a ticket…he says, . :laughing: …aye right, sure that will deter them. :unamused:

After laughing, I said…
‘‘Ok, good luck with that one, so what do I get with my 14 quid, …shower, voucher, a coffee maybe’’?

Just parking he says. :unamused:

‘‘Right, so where are the toilets’’?

He pointed to a [zb] portaloo ffs. :open_mouth:
‘‘Tell ya what mate, [zb] forget it’’

The word ‘‘SERVICES’’ are in the clue, have these basts lost their way or what?
What kind of ‘‘services’’ do they think they are providing exactly?
They rate somewhere between ■■■■ poor and totally crap.
And all for 14 [zb] quid, with those lack of facilities…a fiver tops I would reck.

[zb] disgrace, and another example of what we truckers are just expected to put up with on the UK nowadays… :imp:
[/quote

[Ban parking charges for trucks on motorway service areas - Petitions]
(Ban parking charges for trucks on motorway service areas - Petitions)

short walk:
It’s a total disgrace Rob. Haven’t been to UK in a truck for more than 10 years and that’s the main reason I give it a wide berth. A couple of mates do it regularly and I just can’t believe how much they pay to P in these holes of crap. Sadly I can’t see it changing any time soon.

have you say vote now

Own Account Driver:
It’s Moto there as well and they don’t let you have any of the Moto deals because they say they can’t do them on the till which is one more reason besides the portaloo toilet provision I never stop there.

Commerce Park on the Frome bypass has a newish 24 hour Shell garage with proper loos so you can have better facilities for zero parking cost. At Warminster there’s as industrial estate within walking distance of the BP.

have your say sign and share

DAF95XF:

robroy:

Own Account Driver:
there’s as industrial estate within walking distance of the BP.

Is there?
Ok, so you come out of the services and then where?

Back out of the services, first left as if you were heading back to the services but carry on past, first left at the next roundabout…

Oh bravo…

A little, out of harm’s way location, with decent facilities at walking distance, used by few and looked after…
Now wait for the unwashed to trash it. The weight limit kept out the chancers and kept it quiet and viable.

If you want to share a location, send a bloody PM…

Never understood the place - been calling there for years - bogs used to be grotty, then they did them up and they were pretty good tbh.

Then Subway rocked up, shortly after that they closed down, the bogs were closed as well and now there are two thunder boxes in the truck park and I believe another behind the petrol kiosk.

It’s been like that for at least eighteen months.

They used to charge top dollar for Costa as well. :cry:

“Caravan Club (Terrorist Division).” Classic, like that one, snigger.

[emoji106][emoji481]

Love your Rants Rob, keep um coming dude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk