Parking

Will be doing my first night out for along time on wednesday,can anyone tell me the price of parking at penrith truckstop
thanks in advance

£14, inc shower and £2 towards a meal

Which seems about average for truck parking these days. Though some prices may be more or less than that, and include more or less discount on your dinner.

amazing.
i am not suprised at the £ 14 charge.
england is the only country where you have to pay,or look for a layby.
i do pay in germany.
normally 10 euro and this is used for dinner.
i dont bill the boss,i buy my own grub.
why is it that we have to pay in england.
i was going to park up a while ago on the a5 at rugby.
they wanted £17,50.
i wouldnt pay,even if its the bosses money.
what are we paying for.
the law states we must park when out time is up.what are we suppose to do.
park on the inside lane of the m6 or m1.
why do the english companies let the service area operator aw ay with this.
the government turn their face the other way/

Because it’s “Private enterprise” and they’re allowed to get away with the morally corrupt because it’s not yet illegal to be a money grabbing [zb].

allikat:
Because it’s “Private enterprise” and they’re allowed to get away with the morally corrupt because it’s not yet illegal to be a money grabbing [zb].

And if it was illegal the government would be the first in the dock :imp:

going slightly off the point for a moment, but i was thinking bout the signage for the services, you know the ones ‘tiredness can kill take a break’ and ‘services 2 mile moto m&s’. does anyone know if the private compnies themselves pay for these advertisments or is it put up as part of the motorway signs by the H A?, funded by the taxpayer?, would be a right kick in the teeth if thats the case i would of thought?

The goverment dont get rent as such on the MSA but they get a percentage of turn over which means the more the charge the more the government get, so they are happy. This used to be the set up if its changed i would be surprised

NJDav:
£14, inc shower and £2 towards a meal

thanks very much njdav

Can’t understand you lot.
You complain about the price. Yet you do nothing about it. :confused:
DON’T PAY. It’s not as hard as organising a fuel protest.
When you start work you should be issued with the following:
Keys,
Mobile phone,
Hard hat,
Illuminous vest,
Safety boots,
Gloves,
Bolt Cutters. :laughing: