Parking

Dont often post but felt compelled to on this occasion. Was in Northern Germany this week and had a 24 near Cloppenburg about an hour
south of Bremen. Parked in a Autohof with a small cafe.Meal for about 5 Euro with a shower included shower room was as clean as an
average operating theatre. Was sitting in the truck reading a book when this attendant approached me with his ticket book I was shocked
He said are you staying here overnight I am says I ok says he you must pay!! How much I enquire thinking it will be 20 euro at least but he says 5 euro
and included in that was a meal or drinks voucher for 4 euro which I spent at breakfast and had another shower. One night parking 1 euro Thought I was in a parallel universe . No noise no stink in the lorry park. How do the MSA’s get away with it ■■?

Because we stand for it. Our MSA’s are a total disgrace. It is an absolute pleasure to stay in Germany for the most part. 50c is a bargain for a spotless ■■■-pipe! I had a long shower yesterday in Munich…So clean. Even flowers in the gents! :open_mouth:

you don’t do much european then harry?
thats the norm especially in germany, pay the guy whatever he asks and the vouchers for food are usually equivalent so the boss is paying for your grub and shower :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
some of the french routiers have started this system to stop the cab cookers and flipflop and sock brigade from abusing the parking but whatever you pay comes off your meal so subsidised by the boss again :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I was parked next to an Italian guy the other week. The smell of coffee was divine, as he was brewing it on the rear of his cab. I stook my head out of my cab and sniffed…He offered me some and we shared our food. Really pleasant. And not the slightest hinto’ p…i…s…s! :sunglasses:

Been doing Europe for 30 years posted this to highlight the differences in the way drivers are treated on the continent. In my experience my original
post is not confined to Germany but is pretty much a European norm except of course in the UK.

Youve got to remember that here in the uk we are an inconvienience that nobody wants on there service station, which is why most truck parking areas need a bleedin direction map to the actual service area. We are also not professional over here, just unskilled labour, not my words so dont jump down my throat. Most companies treat drivers over here like something they`ve just trodden in, why, because unfortunately we bleedin let them.

welshboyinspain:
you don’t do much european then harry?
thats the norm especially in germany, pay the guy whatever he asks and the vouchers for food are usually equivalent so the boss is paying for your grub and shower :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
some of the french routiers have started this system to stop the cab cookers and flipflop and sock brigade from abusing the parking but whatever you pay comes off your meal so subsidised by the boss again :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The “secure truckstops” on the A16 up the corridor had a few in on Sat- Transmarc was rammed with Taliban- says it all really

The €5 charge has been common almost as long as the euro, but mainly on the tankstellen and any Autohof close to a border. But you only need to visit the bar or restaurant and it is knocked off the receipt. Paying to ■■■ or shower is good too, as the toilets are spotless, and if they aren’t you stand over the attendant until they are.

The strangest thing I found many years ago is the male or female attendants often come in, mop around your feet even wash the floor while you are getting changed or walking out of the shower. They don’t care whether you are naked or not, the men and women who clean the places are proud of their facility.

The only other worrying thing I found was the 2 berth shower in Geiselwind, especially when the single ones were unoccupied :open_mouth:

dowahdiddyman:
Youve got to remember that here in the uk we are an inconvienience that nobody wants on there service station, which is why most truck parking areas need a bleedin direction map to the actual service area. We are also not professional over here, just unskilled labour, not my words so dont jump down my throat. Most companies treat drivers over here like something they`ve just trodden in, why, because unfortunately we bleedin let them.

WELL SAID MATE :exclamation: :exclamation:

robroy:

dowahdiddyman:

WELL SAID MATE :exclamation: :exclamation:

Spot on, I’ve been all over the place driving lorries & except for primitive countries, the conditions for lorry drivers in Britain are the worse by far, it’s all to do with accepting it, the Europeans/Scandinavians/Americans/Canadians won’t put up with it, so they get treated properly.

A prime example is that place at J26 on the M25, it’s had a few threads on here complaining about it, yet it’s full up every time you go past it, in other countries the place would be boycotted by everyone.