The Big One Is Here

Well, tomorrow at 8am,I start training for LGV 1,building up to the test next Tuesday at 1pm.
I have to admit,I’m not as nervous as I thought I’d be,maybe as I’ve done class 2 and know roughly whats to come,but I am really looking forward to it. I’m more exited than nervous,I think.
I’m with the same school that I done class 2 in last year,so I know the people who are to train me,and they know me.

The training vehicle is a J reg Volvo FL10 with a 4 over 4 gearbox and a 30’ tandem axle box trailer,so if you’re around Salisbury or Southampton areas tomorrow,look out!!!

I will use this thread to let you all know how I am progressing in the build up to next week,hopefully I can give you good news!

Any preperational tips you think I may need,feel free to post,good advice only though,please!!

Dan.

Good luck.

Well Dan, all I can say is Good Luck Buddy!!

Wish you all the best mate…

Cheers
Andym

good luck dan.

down salisbury today but didn’t see yer :smiley:

jon

Thankyou for your kind wishes,guys.

Day 1 of my training went as follows:-

Had to hitch up the trailer first,which went without a hitch(no pun intended!!) left Salisbury and headed straight down to Eastleigh/Fareham/Southampton areas. All went well.

Fareham town centre was a bit hairy,but went fine. Stopped for lunch at the Pie’n’Mash on the A27 then did the couple up exercise again.Still all O.K.
Gearchange exercise was next, managed that no problem,then headed back to Salisbury,and back at the school did the reverse exercise(gulp!)

After a while,instructor left me alone in the yard to practise by myself.Tried this manouvere several times and I think I have it up to ‘test’ standard(time will tell!)

All in all a very good first day.Back to work tomorrow as next training day is not until next Monday.

This will be the only time I will WANT the weekend to fly past!!

Cheers all!

Dan.

Best of luck for next week Dan…sounds like it’s all coming together so sure you’ll do well.

Rob

Best of luck Dan.

Best of luck dan just keep cool and youll be fine :smiley: :smiley:

Many thanks again for all your kind wishes,guys,it’s good to know the support is there.

Day two of the training went very well,I hitched up the trailer and off we went down to Botley, drove the various test routes around the area,all without problems.

After lunch at the Pie ‘n’ Mash(again!),we headed straight back to Salisbury,doing the Gearchange exercise on the way.Arrived in the school’s yard and went through emergency stop and reverse manouveres.

No two reversees are the same!! But after being told that you are allowed up to two shunts in the test I relaxed more.

I practised this for nearly an hour(must have affected me,I nearly drove the car home in reverse!!).

Anyway,tomorrow morning will be spent tidying up the “grey areas”,and final preparation ready for crunch time at 1pm.

I an more exited than nervous,although that may change at 12:55pm!!!

I will post the result on this thread tomorrow evening.

Many thanks once again for your words of support,they are appreciated.

Dan.

Hi Dan,best of luck for tomorow(I hope Iam as relaxed when Its my turn)
Thanks for the updates,it gives us following a big help knowing a little of whats round the corner.Regards Jamie.

Good Luck for tomorrow mate…
and yeah, I agree with Jamie, its good to know what is ahead of us guys that are learning/waiting to learn.

I posted updates when I was training for my class two, but they wer on the old threads, back in january.
Hopefully gona be doing my C+E just after xmas…

Good luck Dan!!

Cheers
AndyM

Oh boy,good luck m8 :wink:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE…

The result of todays crucial LGV C+E examination is as follows:-

HE SHOOTS,HE SCORES!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE MAN FROM BOTLEY,HE SAY YEEEESSSSSS!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Yes,I passed,by the way!!!

A good day,with the best possible result. Eight minor faults,but a pass all the same. Now the training really starts.

Out in the rigid tomorrow,but on Thursday I get my hands on a Y reg Merc Actros with auto trans.

I would just like to say a big thankyou to those of you who gave me their best wishes,THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!

Dan.

congratulations dan

now the learning starts see you out and about :smiley: :smiley:

jon

Well done Dan, now the real learning starts, but you know you`ll get all the support you need on here
Regards
Trevor :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Dan, it’s great news you passed.

I can see the big :smiley: from here!!!

Rob

Dan,
Just brilliant.
Well Done that Man
Good Luck for the future

Kate

Congratulations Dan,well done,any tips for the test,how did you cope with nerves,highs and lows ect.

Way to go mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

stop :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

cheers
STEVE.

well done Dan…thats two thru today!!!