Update- LGV 1.

Started LGV 1 training on Wednesday 4th.At first was a bit of a struggle getting back into the flow of things again after nearly a year since I failed last time, so Wednesday was a bit of a bad day.
Thursday was a much better day everything seemed to just fit into place even the reverseing.
Friday was a superb day. It started off with the revereseing. Had a couple of goes straight in no problem then as I was going back for third go my instructor moved the cones into just a bit wider than the lorry.
So as I breathed a sigh of relief at going round the cone I looked at the angle of the trailer & thought something was wrong because normally I 'm lined up more or less for the garage BUT I had to put more angle on to get in. Boy was I pleased after I got in without hitting the cone & no shunts :smiley: :smiley: . Still not knowing what he had done but wondering why he & my mate was laughing. I was more interested if I’d got in the box or not, then he told me. Due too cencorship I cant tell you what I siad BUT I bet you can imagine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
Sorry this as been a bit long I will keep you updated more next week.
I feel more confident this time + Wednesday is my Mothers 80th Birthday so I’m going to pass for her.

:slight_smile: Well Done Colin, keep it up.
Good Luck on your Test - I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :wink:

Sounds like your getting back into the swing of things again Col… Well done mate… and No, that wasnt long…LOL, just have a read of mine by clicking HERE.

How many days are you training for mate??.. are you doing the four days and test on the fifth??..
That was a bit sneaky of the instructor to do that, but hey, maybe that aint a bad idea, practice in getting it into a smaller gap, and by the time you come to the test, it will feel more like a football pitch!!.. :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll have my fingers crossed for you too bud… Keep up the good work.

Thats an old trick :laughing: . If you got it in, you shouldn’t have much of a prob on the day. Don’t get cocky tho’.

Lookin good so far, all the best for the rest.

Andy its a 5 day with test on 6th. Andy I also read your book :smiley: sorry you failed but eh man you will do it next time. I liked the photos in it. Thanks for your comments.
Watch this space for more news on Colin V the Old Nail {N reg FL10}.

Monday…Another great day except a tyre change on trailer which delayed us quite a bit. Once on the road things went very well except a slight leap over a kerb with the trailer 2nd time around cleared it no problem { Put the leap down to PC Plod being behind me}.
Found out today test is at 10.30 on Wednesday{Same time I had when I failed}. Final update before test tomorrow.

good luck Colin!