1st time out

Hello everyone,later on this month im going out for a assesment day with scania training school located in worksop in a 4x2 rigid .So they can decide how many days training i will need to get my class 2 licence.So has anyone got any words of wisdom ,advice etc as i really dont want to balls this up . ta in advance

STAY COOL

look learn and listen it is easier than you think

GOOD LUCK

cheers mate :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Hello again scaniabostonboy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I usually find posts like this in the New and Wannabe forum :wink:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post The school you have chosen is on the list :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

MIRRORS

and don’t worry about how big it is, the spacial awareness will click soon enough

Oh I forgot most of all ENJOY it and hopefully you too can be a KING of the road

Cheers rog and everyone else for the replys,wasnt to sure where this post needed to be.Ive just had a look at your link tho some good bits of info on there ta.

Keep cool, keep calm listen to the instructor and follow his advice, he knows what the examiner in your area is looking for… :wink:

Most of all enjoy yourself, it should all fall into place :wink:

Oh and welcome to TNUK… :wink:

I should imagine il enjoy once i get going its just a bit daunting for a start.Im going straight for my class1 afterwards its just a shame the countrys on its arse at the mo .

Well i had my assesment yesterday afternoon,it didnt go to bad but was defo harder than it looks.For a start we just went round the outskirts of worksop with me thinkin this aint so bad afterall,but then he said lets go through a bit of town shall we.It gave me a good chance to get on with the gearbox tho and only got it wrong a couple of times ,all in all so different to a car and a real enjoyable eye opener im looking at 25 hours training and cant wait :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Who did you go out with then mate, Big Shaun ? :smiley: he was my instructor about 18months ago too. The day before my test i couldn’t find a gear but on the day it all clicked into place and i hit all the major roundabouts on the A57 clear in 5th gear, pot luck i suppose.

Getting used to the gear box was something i found easy when i did my class 2, what i struggled with was getting round tight corners and trying to remember that trucks have no bonnet, so you can push out quite far before having to turn in. Imagine my horror when he took me round the exact same turns in an artic :open_mouth:

Everything soon falls into place though, and it all becomes smooth and natural. As others have said, stay calm, and listen to the instructor and you will be just fine.

Good luck with it :smiley:

Aye it was big shaun who i went out with seems like a top bloke,no what u mean about the bonnet thing KEEP OUT TO THE WHITE LINE on roundabouts is now firmly stuck in my mind.Ive just got my test dates through so now ive just got to wait and get even more nervous :confused: .On the plus side tho just had a cracking day out at truckfest :smiley: :smiley: