Finally training starts Monday!

Booked my class C training about 3 months ago and now it’s finally nearly here. Travelling up on the Sunday and training Monday to Thursday with test on the Thursday. Really looking forward to this so il try keep an update on how it’s going. Roughly 180 mile trip up to PSTT one way for me but sure going to be worth it!

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

Cheers! Hopefully I can drive “vans” then as you normally put it . :laughing: :smiley:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves Mr Wannabe VAN driver! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll get that title soon enough I hope! :wink:

Good Luck on your van test mate! :slight_smile:

Might see you around newbie I am there on Tuesday til Friday doing me C+E, test on the following Monday for me though. Then i will not be a “van” driver anymore all being well lol

Good luck buddy hope all goes well for you

Good luck chap, hope you get on and adjust well to the van :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Don’t think I should have mentioned the van! Simcor yes more than likely will see you up there then. Good luck with your training too mate.

The best of luck with your training,youre in very good hands there!!

Good luck to you! I’m sure it will be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travelled up yesterday afternoon thinking it will be quiet, it took me 4 hours instead of 3 as Birmingham was bumper to bumper and one passed that my sat nav decided to take me on a scenic route through Walsall!! :smiley: Anyway ive done my first days training and im really impressed with the setup here, not seen any training school near as good a setup as this. Im with Chris training for the week so hopefully I wont get on his nerves too much and he can actually understand my accent!

Glad you’re enjoying the experience and thanks for the kind comments.

Always good to read a training diary so keep it coming if you can.

Hope the rest of the training goes well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete and yes il try put an update on training for each session. Hopefully I will see an improvement for every day

I am there tomorrow at 11am with Nick in the Orange Iveco, can’t wait.

See you all tomorrow at PSTT.

Enjoy. I’m out with it till about 10.30 so it will be nicely warmed up for you!

All the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

First of all does everyone have at least one off day in training? I think mine has come today and I’m just annoyed at myself! Stupid little mistakes like approaching roundabouts/lights a bit to quick.One major point I’d give for anyone doing theirs is get used to looking up road ahead too for any possible hazards as reading the road up ahead seriously makes it so much easier.Hopefully tomorrow I can fix it and carry on ahead just really annoyed now .

simcor:
I am there tomorrow at 11am with Nick in the Orange Iveco, can’t wait.

See you all tomorrow at PSTT.

Think I seen you when I was on the reversing today. :slight_smile:

If it was between 11am and 14:30 then yes it would have been me.

I was too stoked about having a fantastic day to even really notice anyone else around lol

That Iveco is pretty nice and I’m not normally a fan of them. Lush seats, microwave, chrome wheels, air conditioning, heated and air conditioned seat, fridge and freezer, very smart piece of kit to be fair.

I actually loved every minute of today.

Tomorrow I’m in at 0730-11 then 11-230 on Thurs and 0730-11 Fri… To be fair it is hard to be missed in one bright orange truck lol

Newbie1985:
First of all does everyone have at least one off day in training? I think mine has come today and I’m just annoyed at myself! Stupid little mistakes like approaching roundabouts/lights a bit to quick.One major point I’d give for anyone doing theirs is get used to looking up road ahead too for any possible hazards as reading the road up ahead seriously makes it so much easier.Hopefully tomorrow I can fix it and carry on ahead just really annoyed now .

I found on my cat C test that you have good and bad days, just as you are thinking your doing well, you have a bad day, but don’t let it play on your mind too much as you will only make yourself worse.

Most days I can back a trailer on a bay in one hit no bother, other days I make a right hash of it and have several shunts, and that is all I do day in day out lol

Everyone has bad days just remember to learn from any mistakes you make.

I’m sure you will be fine.