Finally training starts Monday!

Yes that truck is very nice fairplay and the guy in the yard always has it gleaming!! I’ve calmed down now and relaxed haha, tomorrow’s a new day and as you say learn from your mistakes that’s what training is about after all.

How’s your 3rd day gone buddy assuming you have been out yet of course lol

simcor:

Hell of a lot better thanks! Much more sensible approaches and planning up ahead made it a much better drive from yesterday! I was in 7-11 today I was parked up behind you on industrial and I was on my reverse manouver finishing off when you were reversing. Only now realised was you from your training thread! :smiley:

Newbie1985:
Only now realised was you from your training thread! :smiley:

Yeah, he’s the one in the REAL truck! :wink:

Glad it went better today pal! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Newbie1985:
Only now realised was you from your training thread! :smiley:

Yeah, he’s the one in the REAL truck! :wink:

Glad it went better today pal! :smiley:

Haha been waiting on that from someone! Yeah I was putting pressure on myself lastnight worrying I had to much to rectify but today has eased that. Also FairPlay to Chris he really pushed me today with some akward routes and testing if I’d learnt about reading the road ahead he’s got good patients! :laughing:

Newbie1985:
he’s got good patients! :laughing:

LOL, I think that’s for him to judge! :laughing:

(Patience mate, not Patients :wink:)

Evil8Beezle:

Newbie1985:
he’s got good patients! :laughing:

LOL, I think that’s for him to judge! :laughing:

(Patience mate, not Patients :wink:)

Good spot! I think I need an hour!

Newbie1985:

simcor:

Hell of a lot better thanks! Much more sensible approaches and planning up ahead made it a much better drive from yesterday! I was in 7-11 today I was parked up behind you on industrial and I was on my reverse manouver finishing off when you were reversing. Only now realised was you from your training thread! :smiley:

Ah that was you behind us in the “Van” then I had a sausage cob what did you go for? I thought it was amusing when another PSTT vehicle parked up behind us, must be their regular haunt lol

Did you see any of my awesome reversing at all, we will gloss over the time the boards at the back fell over with that strong gust of wind!!! lol

If I had realised it was you I would have said hi properly lol

Yes that was us! Haha I seen the barrier go over just as I finished my reverse I was facing it, so many different faces I’ve seen this week mind I wernt too sure either if it was you. I had the bacon roll or cob as you say up here. :sunglasses: Got my test tomorrow morning so just a waiting game now.

Newbie1985:
Yes that was us! Haha I seen the barrier go over just as I finished my reverse I was facing it, so many different faces I’ve seen this week mind I wernt too sure either if it was you. I had the bacon roll or cob as you say up here. :sunglasses: Got my test tomorrow morning so just a waiting game now.

Yes it’s a bloody cob not a bap roll or anything eles, mind you in my hometown it’s Bap Batch or Roll anyway, but I moved up here quite a few years ago now so it’s cob now lol

Good luck with your test pal, hope it goes well for you and your here beaming tomorrow.

Yeah like I said I went in this morning determined to put things right that I messed up yesterday and it paid off. The week has flown by I can’t believe test day is tomorrow. Seems like I wouldn’t have learnt enough in short space its suprising how you come on each day.

I will have my fingers crossed for you i’m in at 11 tomorrow so a lie in again thank god.

Come on pal don’t keep us in suspense. Lol

In fact I am going to say it now as I want to be the first, Congratulations on passing your Van test buddy.

I have faith in you that it was a PASS!!!

I can’t take the suspense although I am guessing he is driving home and probably did not think about letting us know how it went.

The suspense is killing me lol

Yes mate been driving home. and yes I PASSED to get my van license!!! :slight_smile: Got 2minors so even more pleased. I finally got to have a chat with Pete just as I was pulling out of the yard and he said you were just going out in the big orange sun :wink: Drive went really well and reverse nailed it straight away it all fell into place. The only reason that it all went that way was down to one guy, Chris!! What a guy and he always kept the faith lol. Cheers to Pete and evryone up there couldn’t have asked for more. P.S. Simcor good luck on yours Monday il keep eye out. :smiley:

Newbie1985:
Yes mate been driving home. and yes I PASSED to get my van license!!! :slight_smile: Got 2minors so even more pleased. I finally got to have a chat with Pete just as I was pulling out of the yard and he said you were just going out in the big orange sun :wink: Drive went really well and reverse nailed it straight away it all fell into place. The only reason that it all went that way was down to one guy, Chris!! What a guy and he always kept the faith lol. Cheers to Pete and evryone up there couldn’t have asked for more. P.S. Simcor good luck on yours Monday il keep eye out. :smiley:

Great news pal, well done, although I had heard you had passed to be fair, Pete did tell me you had. Well done on 2 minors only a result to be proud of. I guess it’s down to me to only get one or a clean sheet now then lol To be fair I don’t mind if I get a few minors, there is a lot more to do in a real truck lol

Nick has been pretty easy on me all week, he knows I can drive a truck, I know I can drive a truck. He has given me pointers where I needed it but has tried to let me get with it as much as I can on my own, no point telling me stuff I already know. I think his instruction technique with me is the right balance in my case, some people may need more help and instruction, but as I am so used to trailers it is only actually being out on the road that is different. His job is to teach me to pass a test as he said today.

As long as I do what I have been doing and don’t get ahead of myself I should be fine.

Cheers mate and good luck! Been a hectic week but flown by! Sorry didn’t get chance to speak to you as well. On motorway my brake lights failed so cars going to garage tomorrow haha . Keep us informed mate !

Newbie1985:
Cheers mate and good luck! Been a hectic week but flown by! Sorry didn’t get chance to speak to you as well. On motorway my brake lights failed so cars going to garage tomorrow haha . Keep us informed mate !

Brake light switch most likely if both and the high level are not working, little switch attached to the brake pedal.

Is it easy to change? To get to like?