CPC hours....

Done my first 7 hours CPC this week what a pile of ■■■■!! Glad only do that once a year I couldnt handle doing the full 35 in a week I think id definately be changing jobs!

ValleysTrucker:
Done my first 7 hours CPC this week what a pile of [zb]!! Glad only do that once a year I couldnt handle doing the full 35 in a week I think id definately be changing jobs!

Hi ValleysTrucker,

You haven’t said whether you paid for it yourself, so I have two answers for you.

If you paid for it yourself:
There are many periodic DCPC courses to choose from, and there are also many different DCPC providers to choose from.
This means that you have lots of choices so you can pick something that interests you, or is relevant to your work.

If an employer paid for it for you:
They don’t have to, so I’d suggest that you keep your head down because you’ve had something for nothing, but which is legally YOUR responsibility to get sorted.

There is a third option though… If the course was that bad that you’re dissatisfied with the quality of it, or really duff and incorrect info was given out to the class, then you could take it up with the training provider directly, or report them to JAUPT if you’re still dissatisfied about the way they handled your complaint.

Plenty of options!! :smiley:

No nothing wrong with the course, I just find it hard to sit in a classroom for 7 hours straight. Dont feel I really learnt anything valuable there that have not already learnt through theory, actual driving etc. Just my opinion.

Was it with a LGV training school :question:

Why would that matter Rog?? Im not complaining about the way it was done, I just think myself its a waste of money . Already payout enough for the licenses etc.

No one knows everything, yes it may be boring to sir in a classroom, but, you may learn just one thing that could save your job one day! Valuable training if done correctly.

I find it hard to sit in a classroom for 7 hours getting paid or choosing a course that I think will benefit my knowledge of the industry but a 15hr shift[emoji15]. Doddle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValleysTrucker:
Im not complaining about the way it was done, I just think myself its a waste of money . Already payout enough for the licenses etc.

I agree with that - I am certain we were no better or worse before it was introduced by the EU and I cannot see it being scrapped as it makes many a bit of money

I’ve been on a few DCPC courses and the people at the beginning of the course who don’t want to be there or know everything are the ones who know little and if they open their ears or change their attitude would benefit the most, not a fact but my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValleysTrucker:
No nothing wrong with the course, I just find it hard to sit in a classroom for 7 hours straight. Dont feel I really learnt anything valuable there that have not already learnt through theory, actual driving etc. Just my opinion.

Hi ValleysTrucker,

You might be perfectly correct about having learned loads of stuff to do with theory etc, but what was the actual subject matter of the course you attended?

Did you pay for the course yourself?

Done M10 Vulnerable road users last week. Found some of the videos interesting to discuss just I think I would handle 3 hour courses better not 7. :laughing: I know we all have to do it, im just more relieved that this years is now done out of the way.

I did my ADR with PSTT, that got me 27 hours and the guy running the course was interesting too boot!

One of the appealing things to me about driving was that I wouldn’t be sitting in an office all day…[emoji15] [emoji12]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Radar19:
I did my ADR with PSTT, that got me 27 hours and the guy running the course was interesting too boot!

So the ADR course was done with an amount of dcpc hours accredited - apart from getting the hours what extra was learned :question:

So the ADR course was done with an amount of dcpc hours accredited - apart from getting the hours what extra was learned :question:

Carriage of dangerous goods I expect.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t play with matches when unloading in a petrol station was one thing

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:

Carriage of dangerous goods I expect.

On top of the ADR non dcpc course :question:

WOT?

Peter Smythe:
WOT?

Do an ADR course and learn X
Do an ADR course with dcpc hours and learn X … plus anything else :question:

Nothing extra to the ADR. It’s just that the ADR course fits part of the driver cpc syllabus. Same applies to “normal” driver training subject to what is on the existing driving licence of course.

The point is that it makes sense to get something over and above the “tick in the box” for the dcpc provided there is a chance of it enhancing job prospects and/or increased income.