cpc

As far as im aware the 35hr cpc that you have to attend by the end of the 5 years is classroom based and there is No Tests involved, can anyone enlighten me on what happens in these cpc cources, is it just sit there and soak it all up or is there a test at the end of each module , anyhelp apprciated

You’re correct. There is no test or exam. It’s based on attendance and, as such, is inherrently flawed but that’s the rule at the moment. Some providers offer “cpc +”. This is where the trainer has devised a test to confirm knowledge and must happen outside the 7 hours of training.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yeah just thought id ask someone has my employer is offering training session at a cost for what reason idk and then we have to fork the cost of cpc outside of work aswell, thanks for your help anyway

newtrucker128:
As far as im aware the 35hr cpc that you have to attend by the end of the 5 years is classroom based and there is No Tests involved, can anyone enlighten me on what happens in these cpc cources, is it just sit there and soak it all up or is there a test at the end of each module , anyhelp apprciated

Depends what the course is on whether there is a test or not at the end. The recent 7 hour course I attended had a test at the end but it didn’t matter from a DCPC perspective whether I passed or failed the test, I still get the 7 hours credited. The test was just for the content of the course and whether I passed that or not.

If an employer performs in house courses ( assuming they’re approved to), how do DSA (or whoever issues CPC licence) know you’ve done it? Does the company notify them or do you need to supply proof of attendance?

Cheers, Nez

Nezza:
If an employer performs in house courses ( assuming they’re approved to), how do DSA (or whoever issues CPC licence) know you’ve done it? Does the company notify them or do you need to supply proof of attendance?

Cheers, Nez

The company is supposed to upload the info to DVLA

some companies seem to be a little lacking on this so keep any certificates just in case you need to bring a complaint at a later date

Hi mate im doing DCPC at the moment NO test after each 7 hrs you should get a certificate through the post from the trainer and also he should log on to dvla site and record your Hrs ive done three lots of 7 hrs now and should get my 2nd certificate next couple of days i should have three by now there has been a ■■■■ up in the office and one has gone adrift so keep a record of the hours you do for your self .also if you can get a signeture to say you have attended .
also i had a argument yesterday with the trainer who said that i had to do a seperate DCPC for my psv and hgv thanks to this great site i stud my ground told him to get his facts right and check with dvla and Guess what he came back and said i stand corrected they have changed the rules .lol …lucky there was another instructor on the DCPC course who also insisted the 1 cpc covers both hgv and psv … :laughing:

another thing is the upload must be done by the 5th day also you can ring them …i checked on each of mine as i did mine at four different places

■■■■■■00:
another thing is the upload must be done by the 5th day also you can ring them …i checked on each of mine as i did mine at four different places

Ring who? DVLA?

Nezza:

■■■■■■00:

Ring who? DVLA?

Try the dcpc DSA hotline 0191 201 8112
You will need your driver number handy - on driving licence

Cheers ROG