CPC confusion

Hello all.
Having been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks, I could really do with some advice and clarification on the CPC requirement.
To say I have conflicting information on the subject is a massive understatement.
I have after what seemed an age finally got my license back from the DVLA with provisional class C entitlement added.
I’ve booked my hazard perception and theory tests and have exchanged a few e-mails with my local training school (Banbury) about availability of driving courses.
As what appears to be the norm, the driving course is 5 days long with the test on the fifth day.
All good I thought, then came the crunch…as I passed my car test in 1991 (no sniggering about how ancient I am please) I was told I had to acquire the full 35 hours CPC training before I could drive professionally.
However, I have seen on various websites (including the gov.uk site) that people who passed their car test before 1997 do not need to take modules 2 and 4 of the initial qualification and that I would need to acquire 35 hours of training once I had (hopefully) passed my test.
I cannot take 10 days holiday from my current job (15 if i want to do C+E) so at the moment I am thinking I won’t be able to take this any further.
Have I misread the requirement or do I need to take 35 hours CPC training straight away?
Would really appreciate some advice please.
Ta.

If you acquired your car licence in 1991 then you have acquired rights meaning you can obtain your first DQC via either 35 hours PERIODIC Training or you can take module 2 and 4 of the INITIAL CPC. Choice is yours.

Some of your cat C Training could potentially count towards the 35 periodic if you find the right training provider.

The right training provider will also be able to tell you all this and guide/help accordingly. However - there are a couple of training providers around here who clearly don’t keep up with things and are still telling people they have to do 35 hours periodic.

Thanks ever so much for clarifying that.
Maybe I need to have another look for a different training centre.
Do you know any in Oxfordshire or the surrounding counties?

I see the problem, how we do it is 3 days driver training including the test on an automatic Volvo truck, 7 hours training per day excluding time on test, count them as CPC hours then complete the other 2 days on the artic training and the drivers have the licence to drive the truck and gain the CPC at the same time! Simple, but a lot of companies don’t train full days 1:1 so its a bit more complicated for them. I believe they have to make the course modular and split it into 3.5 hour sessions, delivered concurrently.

Or just do your Module 2 and 4 tests, bit of a pain for the provider because the tests have to be booked over the phone to override the old rules that didn’t allow for drivers with acquired rights to gain CPC via the initial route, previously only available to post 1997 licence holders with no large vehicle entitlements gained before 9/9/2009.

Or do the CPC courses on a saturday??

Have you tried JLD LGV training?

Hi Rog.
Yes, I’ve been talking to JLD about the training who have given me a couple of options to try.
From the replies which I’ve had and a little bit more digging, I am hopeful that I’ll be able to go down the route of completing modules 2 and 4. I’m gonna ring the DVSA today to see if this option is open to me.
JLD have so far been great just weren’t 100% sure how I should do about getting my CPC which is why I posted on here.
I’m glad I did as it seems that I won’t have to do the five days straight off, though I think it’ll be a good idea to take the tachograph and working hours directive as it’s such an important part of the job.
Cheers.