first CPC

Slight confusion over a telephone call with my LGV training centre.
I aksed them when i pass my class 2 can i do my CPC through them and im sure they said something about doing a one day cpc … i thought you had to do 35 hours of training before i get my cpc license.

Have i misheard something? any help would be appreciated! thanks.

Have you completed all 4 modules of your initial cpc?

Periodic cpc training is set out in 5 blocks of 7 hours totalling at 35 hours like you said.

stockton-lad:
I aksed them when i pass my class 2 can i do my CPC through them and im sure they said something about doing a one day cpc … i thought you had to do 35 hours of training before i get my cpc license.

Did you have C1 on your licence before doing C :question:

If not then you need to do initial dcpc modules 2 theory and 4 practical

stockton-lad:

You don’t have acquired rights so assuming that you haven’t already done any Driver CPC training/tests for other classes of vehicle you need to do the initial driver CPC modules 2 and 4.

The 35 hours training your talking about is only for people who either had acquired rights or have already done the initial DCPC.

From one of your other posts I see you are aged 28 so you deffo need to take and pass initial LGV DCPC modules 2 and 4 before you can drive LGVs commercially

How come your LGV school has not told you this :question:

Thanks guys, the ■■■■■■■ the phone wasnt the best at explaining. Although it did sound quite alien to me but if i do need to do module 2 and 4, does that entail doing 35 hours or is it shorter?

stockton-lad:
Thanks guys, the ■■■■■■■ the phone wasnt the best at explaining. Although it did sound quite alien to me but if i do need to do module 2 and 4, does that entail doing 35 hours or is it shorter?

No you don’t need to do the 35 hours training, module 2 and module 4 are both tests taken at the dvsa test station, module 2 you’re given 1½ hours to complete and module 4 takes about 30 minutes.

More information here

Once you’ve passed modules 2 and 4 you’ll be give a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) which lasts for five years, during that five years you will have to do 35 hours periodic DCPC training to extend the qualification for a further five years, then 35 hours training every five years.

tachograph:

stockton-lad:

No you don’t need to do the 35 hours training, module 2 and module 4 are both tests taken at the dvsa test station, module 2 you’re given 1½ hours to complete and module 4 takes about 30 minutes.

More information here

Once you’ve passed modules 2 and 4 you’ll be give a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) which lasts for five years, during that five years you will have to do 35 hours periodic DCPC training to extend the qualification for a further five years, then 35 hours training every five years.

ahhh understood! cheers pal!

hi, does the cpc module 2 covers or get questions on driving hours or about tachograph stuff, or is there a previous topic here about what cpc module 2 covers, pls post link
i’ve passed one before back on 2010 and i cant remember the topics, also im looking for books to read and wandering if this book is enough to get pass: Driver CPC - The Official DVSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers Book
pls suggest/advice
thanks

jdperez2003:
hi, does the cpc module 2 covers or get questions on driving hours or about tachograph stuff, or is there a previous topic here about what cpc module 2 covers, pls post link
i’ve passed one before back on 2010 and i cant remember the topics, also im looking for books to read and wandering if this book is enough to get pass: Driver CPC - The Official DVSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers Book
pls suggest/advice
thanks

Mod 2 is scenarios - you get shown a picture then asked so many multiple choice Qs on that pic

ROG:

jdperez2003:
pls suggest/advice
thanks

Mod 2 is scenarios - you get shown a picture then asked so many multiple choice Qs on that pic

Yeah the screen will be split in to two parts. On the one side, you will have to read through a scenario along the lines of “bob and his mate driving a wagon” etc etc. Then on the other side of the screen you will have multiple choice :smiley: questions relating to that scenario. It’s quite straight forward and the answers are there providing you read it thoroughly and think about it!