CPC hours....

Peter Smythe:
Nothing extra to the ADR. It’s just that the ADR course fits part of the driver cpc syllabus. Same applies to “normal” driver training subject to what is on the existing driving licence of course.

The point is that it makes sense to get something over and above the “tick in the box” for the dcpc provided there is a chance of it enhancing job prospects and/or increased income.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

To be honest I don’t think I’d mind doing so much if I was learning something. I’ve done a few that very much just tick box exercises and some where I actually learned, enjoyed and networked on these days

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
Nothing extra to the ADR. It’s just that the ADR course fits part of the driver cpc syllabus. Same applies to “normal” driver training subject to what is on the existing driving licence of course.

The point is that it makes sense to get something over and above the “tick in the box” for the dcpc provided there is a chance of it enhancing job prospects and/or increased income.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

So you are saying the same as me - dcpc cost money for nothing extra training wise

Radar19:
I did my ADR with PSTT, that got me 27 hours and the guy running the course was interesting too boot!

Would that not be 28 hours mate? (4x7)

Peter Smythe:

Tick in the box and income creation pretty much sums up the whole CPC debacle… :cry:

dcpc cost money for nothing extra training wise

NO! Dodgy to make assumptions. In our case we charge a very low rate for the ADR (£450 incl tanks to Trucknet users) fully inclusive. There is no charge whatsoever for the driver cpc element. If it’s beneficial to the candidate to have the 28hrs, they’re free. But, for some, they cant get the 28hrs because they already have too much time “in the bank” and they don’t loose out as a result.

It’s a win win.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

dcpc cost money for nothing extra training wise

NO! Dodgy to make assumptions. In our case we charge a very low rate for the ADR (£450 incl tanks to Trucknet users) fully inclusive. There is no charge whatsoever for the driver cpc element. If it’s beneficial to the candidate to have the 28hrs, they’re free. But, for some, they cant get the 28hrs because they already have too much time “in the bank” and they don’t loose out as a result.

It’s a win win.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

That’s what happened to me, lost 14 hours as I had too many already, didn’t even know anything about losing them till asking you guys

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk