Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:

Fergie47:
Congratulations on reaching 500…the thread was started in December 2003, so just over 7 years ago, I couldn’t help thinking of all the good old lads that have passed on since the thread started, perhaps this 500 page landmark could be dedicated to all those that have left us, but we’ve not forgotten.?..

Dave trust you & yours are keeping well but I note this thread was started just over 17 years ago not 7 (typo error I suspect) wonder where TKdave is still around does any one know. As you say lots of GOB’s have passed in that time several who have worked for DIT to boot and the truth is the job is not what it was back in the day but that’s life I suppose, you stay safe mate chairs Buzzer.

Hi John, we’re both well thank you, and you and all the family also I hope…

Yes typo error mate, need to get that other cataract done so I can see the screen properly. :unamused:

You’re right John, we’ve lost a few eh…last night I watch the series about Shap on utube, that brought back a few memories, Southampton to Scotland with a Guy Invincible 4 day trip if it all went well, i guess your lads can now do Glasgow in a day, how times have changed, and the motors… …still think we had the best days though…take care, keep safe…