David Duxbury middle east photos

Hi all

I worked for David Duxbury for a couple of years. I have scanned and uploaded my photographs to the link below.

Simon

s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae17 … %20photos/

tuskt:
Hi all

I worked for David Duxbury for a couple of years. I have scanned and uploaded my photographs to the link below.

Simon

Thanks for sharing, they will make interesting topics of conversation.

Hi Simon.Excellent pics,always nice to see more ‘‘new old’’ photos.Any and all stories and reminiscences would be welcome and appreciated.I ran quite a few times with Duxburys so maybe we met somewhere along the way.Mike

I see a Pan Express and an Astran in that line up - great pictures !

Great pic mate,thanks for taking the time to scan them.

Always nice to see previously unseen m/e photos,I really like the Davis Turner White and the ERF B series.

You have got some great old photos there Simon, thanks for sharing them with us :smiley: . Another poster on here (I think it was Alex) said that he was working with one of Davids sons and that he might be able to find some of his Dad’s old photo’s. I hope that he hasn’t already put them on another thread that I have missed :frowning: .

thank’s for sharing, nice to see one of duncan mcrae’s.

tuskt:
Hi all I worked for David Duxbury for a couple of years. I have scanned and uploaded my photographs to the link below. Simon

Welcome to Trucknet Simon. Looks like we got ourselves another “valued member” with great pics :smiley: !
What happened to the F89? And who’s was the ERF? Didn’t know Duxbury had a B series, but I do have some photos of his “early” A series… I shall get them posted here later. :smiley: Ash.

Thanks for comments

Ash - the F89, bad memories here but I pranged it into the back of a jackknifed bulgarian lorry going down Bolu. The ERFs driver was Colin Wheelhouse (St Annes) when he left, I drove it on a Baghdad trip and another from Aqaba to Baghdad (I flew to Amman).

Simon

hi all,
cool pictures,thanks for sharing them.what about the english crusader? heroe’s :laughing: :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

Hi simon, do you know the whereabouts of Jim Murphy, he drove one of Davids White Road Commanders for a spell. The last time i met him was in Dubai around 1980 when he was working for Loyds of Birmingham. He was quite a character and had his own truck for a bit on middle east. regards Jamie.

Hi Jamie

I Cant help you here, he left before I started and I never came across him.

Regards Simon

mushroomman:
You have got some great old photos there Simon, thanks for sharing them with us :smiley: . Another poster on here (I think it was Alex) said that he was working with one of Davids sons and that he might be able to find some of his Dad’s old photo’s. I hope that he hasn’t already put them on another thread that I have missed :frowning: .

Sorry about the long delay for Johns photos mushroomman. When I tell him his dads firm has got its own thread on TNUK it might spur him into action…

Cracking pictures, another one of my workmates, Jeff Getka drove an ERF for David Duxbury to ME. I know because I never hear the end of it… (only joking Jeff). David Duxbury himself did his first few runs in an ERF as well.

I’ll get some more gen off John at work tomorrow.

W

I can’t get into photobucket to see them the link has “failed” ?!! Anyone else having problems too?

Regards,

Mark

hi,
i just logged into photobucket and it worked ok.check out that crusader :laughing:

hi there, i was wondering if any of you middle east lads knew my old friend john poole (grandad). i believe he worked for either whittles or duxbury’s. i last worked with him about 10 years ago at DG Davies’s at Glossop but lost contact when he moved to Surrey.

bazza b:
hi there, i was wondering if any of you middle east lads knew my old friend john poole (grandad). i believe he worked for either whittles or duxbury’s. i last worked with him about 10 years ago at DG Davies’s at Glossop but lost contact when he moved to Surrey.

Did you see the replies on your other post?

RIP John Poole

Wheel Nut:

bazza b:

Did you see the replies on your other post?

RIP John Poole

yes wheel nut i saw them thanks.