Does anybody know of good middle east sites?

Does anybody know, or provide me with links, of good sites that have lots of pictures of the middle east runs. I especially like the 70’s and 80’s pictures. I’ve seen some astonishing pictures in some of the threads on this forum but would love a nice collection.
Thanks in advance.
Steve.

p.s. Are there any British trucks still doing these routes to the middle east? I know Astran do. If so, in what kind of numbers? Is it now at a minimal level? Or are there still a fair few going? Has anybody any recent pics of uk-middle eastern trucking? Of recent trips?

www.toprun.ch

bobw. Great Site…

YES. Top site. Exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you bobw.

Regards,
Steve.

here ya go ezy one from my collection an F89 in turkey

I like that massive air-con on the top of the cab. Some of the old ones had more power than the engine… :smiley:

Carl, I love the picture. Thanks. I wish I was the age I am now back then. I wasn’t even born until 1979. Looks like I missed out by a generation or so!!!

I wish I was the age I am now back then

same here mate, im a big fan of middle east and euro trucking from the 70,s and 80,s and collect pics from them decades toprun is a good one and theres a few films in his collection that he sells .for more pics and stories put astran or middle east in the search bar on this site and there will be plenty to keep ya happy mate :laughing: :wink:

Here is a link to a Saudi Magazine called Aramco World, published in English.

The link should take you to the index of subjects. Have a good dig, there are quite a few articles about the truckers on the Middle East run, with photos. It could take a bit of work though. The index is huge, they have back issues from the 1960s available.

On first glance, although I haven’t gone deep yet click here for the ‘transportation’ listings.
At the bottom of each article you’ve clicked on there is a link saying something like “Check the Public Affairs Digital Image Archive for November/December 1977 images.”
Click on it. Theres pages of images although I think you have to register etc and sign in to view them.

Click here for the special publication specific to truckers.

here ya go ezy one from my collection an F89 in turkey

Last edited by Carl on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

I have this picture too, in a book called Super Trucks from about 1985! :smiley: