Astran photos

Has anyone got any astran photos? theres a perticular truck im looking for but i do not know if anybody has pictures of it. (daf 3300 wagon & drag!)

Its only a show truck and not in working ciscumstances, but its a start. Would like to see the Daf Drawbar though.

thanks martin, chris hoopers old scania still lookin good

Didnt know it was Chris Hoopers mate

Hi Hutchie
Ive got a few Astran photos.
Here is one of my old 112 just south of Aksaray on my way home from Doha.

And here is the same truck at Ramtha border.

112 again in Dover.

Heres one of my 141, me and Mark Stewart in Jordan

And here we all are at the Telex, waiting to get the OK to move off towards Syria at the beginning of the Gulf War air offensive.

I hope that you like them.
Regards
GS.

I have one request, a while back there was a superb recent pic of an Astran FH12 w/ a Scania parked behind it, somewhere in the desert.
I had this as the wallpaper on my new computer however in its wisdom it has deleted it…I tried to find it again on here and you know what, no success.

Anyone got a copy or know which thread it is in?

that’s the one! many thanks Hutchie

Some goodies there:

toprun.ch/truck/2008-05/as/

you will see the Guy Warriors of Asian Transport, early Scania 110 - 140 in with livery, then yellow red livery under Astran flag… there is also Mercedes, Volvo F88 etc

Cheers

Ferdy

thanks ferdy alreadly looked there but cant find the one im lookin for

Look here you have plenty of Astran photos.

Astran / Middle East Drivers on this forum Old lorrys, companies and drivers.

Bert Wolters

Hutchie:

This pic brings a question to mind, what year were right hand drive tractors stopped from entering Saudi & are they OK in Syria & Jordan these days?

Ross.

bigr250:

Hutchie:

This pic brings a question to mind, what year were right hand drive tractors stopped from entering Saudi & are they OK in Syria & Jordan these days?

Ross.

I can’t believe nobody knows?? :confused: :confused:

Ross, :question:

I would also like to know as i may be going soon to Jordan…■■

Hutchie:
Has anyone got any astran photos? theres a perticular truck im looking for but i do not know if anybody has pictures of it. (daf 3300 wagon & drag!)

Hi Hutchie. Interesting to read your request. As far I am aware neither Astran nor any of the owner drivers ever ran a DAF 3300 wagon and drag. Can you supply any more info on the truck?
ASH

the reg is c— psx (not a hundred percent), it was a top sleeper, 4x2 rigid with a close coupled trailer

hi guys,all you astran guys must have come across a guy call (sorry for the spelling!) Laurance keighly? did the long distance diary for Truck mag in the 80/90`s any imput?

HH:
I would also like to know as i may be going soon to Jordan…■■

Looks like it’s a secret eh ‘HH’?

Ross.

i think the truck your lookin for is on the last photo g.s posted next to the scammel roadtrain.

mr ed:
i think the truck your lookin for is on the last photo g.s posted next to the scammel roadtrain.

If it’s that 1 you are looking for Hutchie, it was a 4x2 tractor unit, not a wagon and drag. Was yellow with a blue band to begin then re-painted with a red band. Think it was Nick King’s but GS will confirm.