Astran photos

Nope not that one, this was a rigid that astran had with a sleeper pod on the roof

heres one fromt he 143 thread

Hutchie:
Nope not that one, this was a rigid that astran had with a sleeper pod on the roof

Best place to put one :wink:

Saw this seller in Meer Truckstop. Driven by Big Trevor. He was loading in Gouda for Saudi. This pic was taken on the 29th November 2005!

wow

anstran must do a lot of days on the road

what was the pay like and what was it like to be driving that far and be away from home for a while

See this truck in Southampton quite a bit. Not a good pic will try to get a better one.

bigr250:

Hutchie:

This pic brings a question to mind, what year were right hand drive tractors stopped from entering Saudi & are they OK in Syria & Jordan these days?

Ross.

its this fh

bugcos:
See this truck in Southampton quite a bit. Not a good pic will try to get a better one.

Certainly looks like Rabbits old fh!

[/quote]

[/quote]
Can anyone tell me which year the transit plate was first used and for which country

Many Thanks in advance

Ron

all screenshots ive taken from destination doha

Hi axorman, regarding the transit plates they were for saudi and i think they were first introduced in late 86 or in 87. before the transit plates they introduced a very thick wire rope type seal. I was with Rick Ellis on the iraq saudi border near Arrar when he came out of the customs office with two of these seals starting with the serial numbers 1 and 2. He said to me ,i dont know what we are supposed to do with these as there is no way that they will go through our TIR cords. The saudi customs were not sure either but ended up telling us to put them through our fifth wheel handle instead of the safety clip which would prevent us from dropping our trailers. does Roger remember these seals. regards Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s.