David Duxbury middle east photos

Brilliant post. Thanks for sharing this. Robert

Some epic Volvos there. Great to see pics of the B-series ERF on M/E work. There’s also a Scammell Crusader in one picture, I notice. Robert

tuskt1:

Great to see that Duncan McRae Scania tuskt1.

I’m a bit hazy about the details, but Duncan and some of his trucks stayed in Saudi doing internals, I think this was about 1984/85. His men and trucks ‘camped out’ in the Caravan yard in Dammam. I can’t remember whether we were subbing to him or he was just using our yard as a base.

It was Christmas and he didn’t want to just fly home and leave his men, so he gave me a great wedge of cash and asked if I’d take it to his Darlington office, so the wives had some money for the holiday. When I got home I drove over and delivered it.

I think he wound the company down when they returned to England and he converted his yard to industrial units.

In this photo, you can see one of his units parked against the back fence in the caravan yard. The Scania is parked just about where Skip is sitting about 6 or 7 years previously in a picture he has posted on the Simon thread, when there were no other buildings.

The trailers are loaded from the ‘Arabian Fibreglass’ factory. We cut the roofs off containers so we could load higher than the opposition, then sheeted it.

John.

My dad jeff stringfellow worked for dave duxbury and ive noticed you have a photo on this thread of his truck reg nem946s il upload a photo .i dont know if anyone remembers him .ive noticed that he as been mentioned by sandman in volos .ive also uploaded over 100 pics on the astran middle east truckers on facebook .

jaystringy:
My dad jeff stringfellow worked for dave duxbury and ive noticed you have a photo on this thread of his truck reg nem946s il upload a photo .i dont know if anyone remembers him .ive noticed that he as been mentioned by sandman in volos .ive also uploaded over 100 pics on the astran middle east truckers on facebook .

Morning Jason. Glad to see you have made your way over to the Trucknet UK website. Good to have you here.

Thankyou some great memories here too .i forgot id registared here back in 2015 .i had to contact them to retrive my login which david of trucknet did me proud .

Great pics & thread, really enjoyed that :laughing: