A Pearson & Sons Ltd, Pearsons Transport, Coventry

Hi
Hope you all had a good night tonight sorry we missed it

Hi Ash
Could you show John the picture on page 362 of scrapbook memories please Im sure you will see which one hope you are all well
Rich

Great photos . :smiley:

Is there any previous owner history for the FG VKP 722 ?

Joe:
Here’s one of DP’s old un

taken at Lupin farm

Tony

Hi All,

I thought I would start a post on here to see if anyone has any pictures of my family’s vehicles, or maybe even some memories of them? I’ll try to get some of my pictures on here also if anyone is interested.

Many thanks, Ashley Pearson

hi,
one memory i have of pearson’s of coventry was back in september 2007 and i attended the funeral of my good friend john ward,i had come up from south wales in the volvo f16 i had at the time feeling rather sad,when i came around the last corner to turn into hinckley crematorium,the first thing i saw was the awesome sight of john pearson,s fantastic “hoveringham” mickey mouse 8 wheeler,wardy would have loved that.
regards andrew

Hi Ashley I’ve done it for you

hows she coming on.
John

Hiya,

AAL ‘Hawkesbury Lass’ is doing good thanks, I’ve got the chassis back together from the cab back, Its all been stripped, blasted and painted in red oxide. All the cross members are back in and the spring hangers are back on. It looks great. I was going to sandblast the axles this weekend but the weather was bad so we didnt bother. I’ve got the rear springs to rebuild this week and hopefully get the axles done next weekend. Thanks for the pictures guys. great start :smiley:

Two of our vintage Fodens on the Derbyshire Limestone run UYE 256 and VKP 722

UYE 256 and VKP 722 at the end of the Derbyshire Limestone run 4/10/2009

KNN 616E at Brinklow Quarry near Coventry with Peter Davis for the Classic and Vintage Commercial photoshoot. 15/7/06

Me and my Dad with his first ever Foden ‘Hawkesbury Lass’ AAL 712H. Started for the first time in almost 30 years.

AAL 712H in our workshop undergoing a full restoration. The Chassis has been extensivley welded as it was very badly corroded in places, it was then fully stripped, sand-blasted and painted before being rebuilt.

Picture taken on 28/12/09

Itake it you guys were holding your breaths at that point!!

Only show pictures from me - I’m afraid…

Great pictures Ash

AshleyP:

AAL 712H in our workshop undergoing a full restoration. The Chassis has been extensivley welded as it was very badly corroded in places, it was then fully stripped, sand-blasted and painted before being rebuilt.

Picture taken on 28/12/09

fantastic pics ashleyp your dad looks proper chuffed in that pic you are very brave to take these old girls on but thank god you do as they would all dissapear and the 2 fodens on the run are a credit to you best of luck mate

bloody hell Ashley uguf fuf uggh chu uhc blue smoke coming outa everywhere ere but nice to know shes running again i thought it was all over when i saw her in rush green, I’am looking forward to seeing her with a shiney new coat on.
good luck John.