A Pearson & Sons Ltd, Pearsons Transport, Coventry

Hiya Ashley… That 4 wheeler 925 DXH ex Brooke Bond do you know if a chap on the A53 Leek to Buxton road had her sitting behind his farmhouse
in the 90s for a few years…Thanks
John

Nice pictures.Was it Pearsons that ran tippers out of that smokeless fuel plant at Keresley?

3300John:
Hiya Ashley… That 4 wheeler 925 DXH ex Brooke Bond do you know if a chap on the A53 Leek to Buxton road had her sitting behind his farmhouse
in the 90s for a few years…Thanks
John

Hi John, No the lorry came from Harold Smart, a showman from Lutterworth. But there was an ex Brook Bond on the A53, Maybe its still there.

Chris Webb:
Nice pictures.Was it Pearsons that ran tippers out of that smokeless fuel plant at Keresley?

Hi Chris, Yes they used to take coal into Kersley Homefire plant and take the smokeless fuel out. Do you have any pictures?

Here’s some pictures of some of our newer vehicles.

RO52KYN, F496RFP and RO52KYP Tipping at Ling Hall Landfill site, Ryton, Coventry. 11/02/05

RO52KYP Tipping at Ling Hall Landfill site, Ryton, Coventry. 05/02/05

RO52KYN at Coombe Abbey, Coventry. 25/10/07

YJ54OCW and KNN616E on the way to Gaydon Commercial Show. 10/06/07

YJ05DZY Working at Peugeot Coventry during the demolition 01/05/08

F496RFP, RO52KYN and RO52KYP taken at Tournament Fields, Warwick. 07/02/05

RO52KYN taken behind the Herbert Art Gallery with Coventry Cathedral in the background. 24/11/06

F495RFP taken behind the Herbert Art Gallery with Coventry Cathedral in the background. 24/11/06

FN52KXU at Magna Park, Leicester 22/04/06

YJ05DZY, F532RBY and RO02KXU at Bramcote Tip,

AshleyP:

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris, Yes they used to take coal into Kersley Homefire plant and take the smokeless fuel out. Do you have any pictures?

Sorry Ashley,I wish I had some photos.Never bothered to take a camera with me except on holiday.We used to run gas oil into that plant from the NCB refinery at Wath on Dearne in the 70s and I remember seeing Pearsons in there.

RO52KYP and F496FRP at Baginton Airport Coventry 28/11/05

YJ05DZY, RO52KYN and CN54FDV taken at Peugeot Coventry shortly after it was demolished. 01/05/08

RO52KYN Gettin stuck! Bubbenhall Landfill Site. 12/05/09

RO52KYN Taken under the old railway line near the A5 at Willey, Lutterworth

PH54KYM taken at Doherty Waste, Bayton road, Coventry 04/09/07

Hello Ashley some good pic’s there, I remember seeing your trucks in and out of the collierys around the Midlands area. The first pic of F532RBY was this truck new to you as it look’s very much like a truck that Burys Transport had, I think they had a 2 or 3 like that (not sure though)
Martin.

Hi Ashley,

Great to see some pics of the fleet at work, how many are you running at the moment?

Do you still have any 4000 series Fodens on the road?

And, finally do you have any pics of the Volvo F7 bulker that you ran years ago?

Cheers
Mark

M G b:
Hello Ashley some good pic’s there, I remember seeing your trucks in and out of the collierys around the Midlands area. The first pic of F532RBY was this truck new to you as it look’s very much like a truck that Burys Transport had, I think they had a 2 or 3 like that (not sure though)
Martin.

Hi Martin,

Yes the F reg did belong to Burys Transport, we had three lorrys in total from them, the others were B156MAY and B910JHH.

Thanks, Ashley.

roadcommander2:
Hi Ashley,

Great to see some pics of the fleet at work, how many are you running at the moment?

Do you still have any 4000 series Fodens on the road?

And, finally do you have any pics of the Volvo F7 bulker that you ran years ago?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

We have eight Foden Alphas but only six of them are in regular use, Hopefully the other two will be back on the road soon. No we dont have any 4000 Series anymore, the last four of them came off the road around 2007. They were great lorrys, we had eight in total i think. They all did well over a million kilometers (two of which are still working out in South Africa) . I have got some pictures of the Volvo, I’ll get them posted on here for you.

Thanks, Ashley

GWK156L We had this Lorry new in 1972 and it ran until around 1983, it was then sadly cut up in our yard. I’ve still got the bagde from the radiator and we still use some bits of the chassis rail in our pit as jacking beams!

It carried Coal/Coke and Scrap Metal. It was once carrying a load of coke from Bolesover when the load caught fire. The driver was quick to tip off the load in a lay-by and extingish the fire, the load then had to be shoveled back onto the lorry by hand!

Here’s one of DP’s old un

Ash, I think this was your dad’s old un wasn’t it

Cheers for all the pictures Joe, Good Stuff.