Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Sorry to hear of your contract loss but unfortunately it does happen but as you say “what goes around usually comes around”. I recall quoting for a decent contract once where the base price I quoted was £750,000 per year and Wincanton came in with £500,000 !! The firm I was dealing with were flabbergasted to the extent that they quoted me the Wincanton numbers ( not to get me to “compete” you understand!) So I told them that either Wincanton weren’t paying for their fuel, which they would be. Or they wern’t paying their drivers, which they would be, Or they would be using beat up old equipment from other contracts , which they did. What a shambles the contract turned out to be with this shower, it obviously cost Wincanton mega bucks and the Customer couldn’t wait to get rid of them after the three years was up ! We got the contract next time around and by that time the price was £850,000 for the base price, but they got the service they expected. As we delivered 3 or 4 loads of product per week during the 3 years Wincanton had the distribution contract we could see what a right ■■■■■■■ mess they were making ! ■■■■■■■ ! Cheers Dennis.