Who runs the oldest fleet?

Just a random thought I had after being parked near John Raymonds yard in Cannock this week and seeing the some of the delights Nolan transport run… A red (very faded and tired looking) Iveco Stalis was the oldest I saw on a 2004 plate and numerous 2005 white DAF XF’s space cabs in a similar condition.

seems strange an Irish firm running old scrap like that tbh considering how big they are, The money must be worth it to the drivers :laughing: :wink:

maga:
Just a random thought I had after being parked near John Raymonds yard in Cannock this week and seeing the some of the delights Nolan transport run… A red (very faded and tired looking) Iveco Stalis was the oldest I saw on a 2004 plate and numerous 2005 white DAF XF’s space cabs in a similar condition.

seems strange an Irish firm running old scrap like that tbh considering how big they are, The money must be worth it to the drivers :laughing: :wink:

Colin Barrett wins . Oldest on the fleet of almost all ERF is a C reg ERF .Edit that’s 1986 :laughing:

Well there’s two, can’t think of names.

Ones F89 that pulls timber, the other is/was F88 doing boxes.

we have a current fleet ranging from 04 up to 13 plate. Only a year ago we exported a little s reg scannie 94 220 which was on its 3rd time round the clock… very doubtful any currently new wagon could get anywhere near that.

biggriffin:
Well there’s two, can’t think of names.

Ones F89 that pulls timber, the other is/was F88 doing boxes.

Oldest fleet not one off :wink:

JCB.
E W Gardner
Mansel Davies have a real mix of brand new and 90’s.

Morn flake have a fleet of very nice old motors. Thompsons of devon have a old fleet of renaults, A R newport of penzance, old tidy motors, decent bloke who runs it too. As been mentioned, e w gardners, not sure they will be about much now tho :wink:

Ernest Thorpe springs to my mind.

squires from Wolvehampton run some tidy erf’s on containers out of landor st…

As already said Colin Barrett must be at the top of the list

There is an older Scania that looks really well, and passes my DAF like I’m stopped. Sure it has the England at Scotland flags at 45deg to each other on the back of the trailers. I seem to think R I Haulage from Nelson is the company.

A. Mitchell from St. Boswells run some immaculate ERF’s that I see up here regularly as well as some early 5 series Topline Scanias.

Mcgawn of Ayr,I am sure they are still on solid tyres,but they are a tidy fleet

mrginge:

There are no 90’s ones left running. Not sure of exact age but not much over 10 years old still running and plenty of new stuff being a Volvo dealer

M E Ayres from Norfolk ,run some older Erfs , but they look tidy…

switchlogic:

mrginge:

There are no 90’s ones left running. Not sure of exact age but not much over 10 years old still running and plenty of new stuff being a Volvo dealer

Well obviously you know more then me about their fleet first hand. Im sure I have seen S and W reg Volvo’s on the M4 in Wales from them.

Ayres from Norfolk way, mostly ERF`s and now DAFs as they get older…No idea what age as I am driving and too busy to look at plates, but they must be getting on and they mainly do sugar beet, so they must all be capable of 70MPH :laughing:

Lincoln Haulage.

Eight, 1995 Volvos.

There’s a firm called M. Edwards that run a few ERF ECs and a mid 80s Seddon Atkinson 411 or two.

S Harrison’s of Sheffield still got a fleet of Scammell Highwayman’s parked up…but waiting for the call… :smiley: