Who runs the oldest fleet?

Joepipe3:
Mcgawn of Ayr,I am sure they are still on solid tyres,but they are a tidy fleet

They’ve a few new motors now, Volvo and Merc.

It’s nice to see one of their 143s out working when you do.

Tude:
Ayres from Norfolk way, mostly ERF`s and now DAFs as they get older…No idea what age as I am driving and too busy to look at plates, but they must be getting on and they mainly do sugar beet, so they must all be capable of 70MPH :laughing:

They have got as old as S reg I think. The newer ones I think are ex roger warnes daf 11 plate. I spoke to him about a year ago and they was debating on a euro 6 because erith will be in the emissions zone where they take ■■■■ seed.

Pentons from Telford/Shrewsbury area seem to run a fleet that appear older than the guys who drive them.

the maoster:
Pentons from Telford/Shrewsbury area seem to run a fleet that appear older than the guys who drive them.

They,ve just had an some newer additions to the fleet in the form of F J Needs newer Volvo FH V4,s as they,ve taken the transport on out of Needs base at Nantwich,shouldn,t really call it F J Needs now as its been taken over by Ornua,F J Needs drivers opting for redundancy rather than working for Pentons.

Are Pentons not too good to work for then Mick? Never spoken to any of their drivers tbh so I’ve no idea.

If someone is being offered redundancy or moving to just an average job or worse, might just as well take the lump sum and get an average job anywhere. May be even with the firm taking over. Bird in the hand and all that.

the maoster:
Are Pentons not too good to work for then Mick? Never spoken to any of their drivers tbh so I’ve no idea.

Probably no worse than any other general haulage fridge outfit,but Needs was an own account job and in all honesty probably the best job i and the other drivers had ever had,so going back into general haulage fridge work wasn,t that appealing,
I,ve managed to source another own account job starting in the New Year.

mrginge:

switchlogic:

mrginge:
Mansel Davies have a real mix of brand new and 90’s.

There are no 90’s ones left running. Not sure of exact age but not much over 10 years old still running and plenty of new stuff being a Volvo dealer

Well obviously you know more then me about their fleet first hand. Im sure I have seen S and W reg Volvo’s on the M4 in Wales from them.

They’ve a lot of personal plates that may confuse the issue

Seaways services in Lancashire run a fair few old ERFs in great condition. They had a old ERF wrecker too.

> bristolrob:
> A R newport of penzance, old tidy motors, decent bloke who runs it too./quote][/i]
>
> Uggy Newport is a mate of mine - he still has Atkis & Guys in the yard - he’s bought an Iveco recently so the fleet is a little more diverse.
>
> I’ll try and get down his yard and get some fleet photos in the new year

there’s a company in northampton called cammack and wilson , green waste water tankers mostly Fodens together with at least 1 an ERF EC 8 wheeler , oldest i’ve seen is an r reg also s , t , 51 ,03,53 newest foden i’ve seen is on an 04 plate , the newest one of theirs i’ve seen is a 59 plate DAF CF ,and they run 7 days a week by the look, i’ve seen them go past my house at 10pm so they dont get an easy life
Reddens in wellingborough have an E plate ERF E series rigid and an ECX ERF 8 wheeler on an X plate ,hard life for these they’re on scrap work with skips
tony

Last year I broke down near dunde e.
Was towed to mv commercials in Edinburgh
By dymock of Bathgate
In an e reg scammel was old nosey basic built like a tank but did the job and seemed well.looked after
Have a few pics of it. But cant upload them as says file to big

edd1974:
Last year I broke down near dunde e.
Was towed to mv commercials in Edinburgh
By dymock of Bathgate
In an e reg scammel was old nosey basic built like a tank but did the job and seemed well.looked after
Have a few pics of it. But cant upload them as says file to big

That reminds me, Wards recovery of Wakefield have a number of 20-30 year old Fodens earning their keep. I broke down along the M62 and was recovered by their K reg Foden. It was worth breaking down and doing 16 hours just to get towed by that beast.

Uggy Newport is a mate of mine - he still has Atkis & Guys in the yard - he’s bought an Iveco recently so the fleet is a little more diverse.

I’ll try and get down his yard and get some fleet photos in the new year
[/quote]
Ah, the iveco i assume he may not be overly impressed with :laughing: i use to go in his yard once a week, leaving a pallet or two for the euronics shop opposite his entrance. Then to my surprise, seen him in Davies turner avonmouth. All his kit is immaculate tho

Our oldest is s reg 1998. Then we have a 2004,2005,2006,2008 and 2013. All out working not just yard ornaments.

Nolans/John raymond ship them back to Ireland every five years for a full rebuild or refit if needed, I was talking to one of they drivers a while back and I asked the same question why the trucks are so old, had a look inside his daf and fair play it did look like a new XF inside, the outside tho that was a different question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk