Oldest DAF 95 / XF still on the road?

Reading an old copy of TRUCK last night I was reminded just how old the (Leyland) DAF 95 and later XF design is.

We run an 02 plate artic at work and it’s rare I see one older than say a Y reg on the road; what’s the oldest one out there?

hiya the brother in law had 3 on rental it must have been 1997 i think . one had M1 BTC number plate i saw it in Shell about 6 years ago loading a container. with drums of oil.

coach house at altham run an 02 plate space cab think its spare/trailer mot motor looks well for its age

My old Daf sold it about 6 years ago R233 JBJ.

It must still be on the road, just checked DVLA site and it is taxed till December 2015.

So i googled it and here it is
My old Daf.jpg

My. Mate still has a Y reg in daily use ssc had it from new

Nice 02 plate for sale on the net, design is quite old but still rated by drivers

image.jpg

steelboyf10:
Nice 02 plate for sale on the net, design is quite old but still rated by drivers

They had a couple of these for sale in Birmingham, i went over to have a look, nice on the outside but untidy on the inside

My mates 06 XF95

Oldest? They seem to be getting newer

There is a 95 DAF ex Luckings kicking around pulling a sewage tanker. It’s about an L reg, pic of it on here somewhere.

JOHNXL70:

steelboyf10:

They had a couple of these for sale in Birmingham, i went over to have a look, nice on the outside but untidy on the inside

Interesting I was thinking of buying one as a retro project, I see they have a few from the same firm…think they are from a. Kettering company??

Bear in mind, before there was the 95XF, there was the 95ATi, the first DAF truck to use that cab (or at least that shell) - it was the original Cabtec cab that was also used on the Seddon-Atkinson Strato and the Pegaso Troner. DAF is the only manufacturer left using that design.

Yes my mistake, thank you. I did mean the 95Ati and the later XF. I’ve not knowingly seen a 95 Ati for years.

steelboyf10:

JOHNXL70:

steelboyf10:

Interesting I was thinking of buying one as a retro project, I see they have a few from the same firm…think they are from a. Kettering company??

I had the same idea,my mate and myself went over to have a look,at the time they had 2 super space cabs, a couple of space cabs and some Volvo FH12, the best super space had gone so we had a look at the others. They had been owned by some outside broadcast company, sorry i can’t remember the name and I’m waiting for my mate to get back to me. They looked good from the outside but they were bad on the inside, they might have cleaned them up since.

JOHNXL70:

steelboyf10:

JOHNXL70:

steelboyf10:

I had the same idea,my mate and myself went over to have a look,at the time they had 2 super space cabs, a couple of space cabs and some Volvo FH12, the best super space had gone so we had a look at the others. They had been owned by some outside broadcast company, sorry i can’t remember the name and I’m waiting for my mate to get back to me. They looked good from the outside but they were bad on the inside, they might have cleaned them up since.

I’ve just found the firm. NEP VISIONS OF BRACKNELL

IndigoJo:
Bear in mind, before there was the 95XF, there was the 95ATi, the first DAF truck to use that cab (or at least that shell) - it was the original Cabtec cab that was also used on the Seddon-Atkinson Strato and the Pegaso Troner. DAF is the only manufacturer left using that design.

I think the first ones were E reg 87/88 is that about right?
. The first one I ever saw on the road that reg, belonged to VS Lightfoot Silloth in ■■■■■■■ pulling a tipper trailer.

This DAF Is still going strong It belongs to a mate of mine, I saw him today heading west on the A 69 loaded for Scotland, Regards Larry.

Trevor Pye has a good old example been on our road run the past few years

image.jpg

As they say, same meat different gravy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile:

image.jpg

Hi John

Saw this on truck trader the other week, also from outside broadcast ish company now on eBay at £2200 maybe from same firm? :open_mouth:

image.jpg