Oldest lorry.

bugcos:

switchlogic:
I just got overtaken like I was stood still on the M20 by a D reg ERF pulling what looked like a nearly new fridge.

If its an orange colour and from Nantwich my missus says she sees that on the boat so it goes over the water :open_mouth:

I guess i should confess yes it was me i used to own the truck in question which i subd for heritage in dover pulling bananas from belgium and pig bones from bloxwich i also ran a green c series which i regularly drove to gib and all over spain and france i felt like a real old school driver and it really was the best couple of years of my driveing career i now drive a peterbilt 379 in the states but my old erf,s really were the best trucks i have ever drove it must be the basicness of them its just rawbone driveing unlike the new trucks which are so boring to drive.

Feenix:
Speaking of old trucks… Does anyone know the whereabouts of any old MAN units ? I had a 22.331 a long time ago (the one with the F8 cab) and it was the best truck I ever had ! The one I had was D678 EWD. I would love to find another runable one ! They all seem to have vanished ! Anyone ?

I had a 331, they pulled like a train !! :sunglasses:

There was an old E10 erf pulling a load of paving bricks out of knottingley on Monday looked and sounded great :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

bugcos:
This is the old Merc from Trafford Park, taken a couple of months ago.

Does anybody know if this motor is still working?

Not much old kit left in the south east, due to the lez and the strong export values. They’re exporting 56 plate motors now. R series scanias and mega space mercs. Axors seem to be very popular in the africas at the moment

This Volvo F88 seen at Gaydon is still a working motor.

Webbs of Armscote run a small fleet of Merc SK tippers (a 6w and 3x4ws ranging from L to R reg). The owner refurbishes them instead of buying new. His 6w carries 17t so much more than an new one).
A lady OD from Buckingham runs a K reg Foden 3325 8w tipper.
Another lady from Carterton runs a H reg Leyland Freighter 4w and a Witney paving manufacturer has an E reg Freighter still with it’s original driver.
Moodies Transport from Mapledurham run an 8w Leyland Constructor (T45 cab) log carrier; Y reg I think.

Does anybody know what the oldest working lorry is in the UK?
One that works and drives everyday.

Depends what you mean by working. There are a few horseboxes based on Ford D-series chassis still plugging away. Plus many showmans wagons are at least 30 years old.

There is a coal mercheant near Hereford who still runs a 1970 Bedford TK with a petrol engine in it,they have had it from new,its on a H plate.As far as I know this vehicle is still delivering bags of coal around Herefordshire.

Sorry double post. (Must of got excited) :blush: :blush:

I think you’d need to define working first. The oldest one that springs to mind is the F88 log hauler

MR VAIN:
I think you’d need to define working first. The oldest one that springs to mind is the F88 log hauler

In one of the classic commercial magazines was an old Bedford livestock transporter, I’ll try and dig it out… :wink:

MR VAIN:

There`s a snack van near Wellesbourne (A429 from M40 J15) with a photo off the F88 on the back.

what about “THE ONE AND ONLY” Mac Arrowsmith of Market Drayton and his superb 1963 Dodge D308 on livestock haulage approaching the 2 million mark and still does 6 day’s a week of hard work

I just got overtaken like I was stood still on the M20 by a D reg ERF pulling what looked like a nearly new fridge.

tetris418:
what about “THE ONE AND ONLY” Mac Arrowsmith of Market Drayton and his superb 1963 Dodge D308 on livestock haulage approaching the 2 million mark and still does 6 day’s a week of hard work

Thats the one I was thinking of :blush:

what happened to that f88(cant remember the reg at the moment,but it did have at laest one g in the first 3 letters),that pulled a container around lincolnshire area?i think it was an old “n” reg.

Any truck older that an 07 plate is a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Bob the log was running on Wednesday afternnoon
cos i spottee him on the Warwick bypass