Oldest lorry.

we got a g reg scania still workin

Apologies, I should have defined clearer.
I meant a lorry which works for a living, not one which just mechanically works.

That guy from oldham who was in one of the magazines a while ago, he’s got an old Ford (i think) on a D-plate. failing that if you go to Browns yard in tunstall you’ll probably find the oldest wagon there.

Olog Hai:
That guy from oldham who was in one of the magazines a while ago, he’s got an old Ford (i think) on a D-plate. failing that if you go to Browns yard in tunstall you’ll probably find the oldest wagon there.

I drove past the truck stop in Northampton in the early hours (honest officer,I didn’t even notice the women walking around) one morning about a month or two ago and saw the D-series parked up. I had to pull in for a closer look. It did look out of place next to modern artics. Nice to see though.

marshalls of evesham some right old nails their
i know i had one

Walsh from up Crewe way,run a few oldish ERF tankers on flour.

MR VAIN:
I think you’d need to define working first. The oldest one that springs to mind is the F88 log hauler

I saw it at Colsterworth last week !

buck73:
what happened to that f88(cant remember the reg at the moment,but it did have at laest one g in the first 3 letters),that pulled a container around lincolnshire area?i think it was an old “n” reg.

Grey and yellow day cab 6x2. He was from Brigg but cant` remember his name and he work for Exxtor out of Immingham.
Last year it was for sale in a scrap yard down south somewhere so it may be about somewhere!

Most of these units mentioned seem to be owner driven so I was wondering whats the oldest truck you’ve been given the key to by an employer and told to take out?

A guy on containers out of Trafford Park uses a 1978 Merc everyday.

grahamA:

buck73:
what happened to that f88(cant remember the reg at the moment,but it did have at laest one g in the first 3 letters),that pulled a container around lincolnshire area?i think it was an old “n” reg.

Grey and yellow day cab 6x2. He was from Brigg but cant` remember his name and he work for Exxtor out of Immingham.
Last year it was for sale in a scrap yard down south somewhere so it may be about somewhere!

what a shame,used to like seeing that kicking about.thanks for letting me know. :frowning:

This old girl is still running about in Norfolk & Suffolk.

Theres a early 60’s Atki (I think) that runs heating oil around Sussex 7 days a week, I quite often see it broken down, cab doesn’t tilt more than a foot too!

Alex

Saw the s reg merc last week near blackburn,turquoise cab,has an extra axle behind the tank fitted making it a 6x2,couldnt believe it,looked good,made a difference from the usual boring white modern stuff you see nowadays.

barretts sp in oldham still run a b series although they have recently upgraded to a couple of m reg ec’s though

an that s reg merc will be kicking around till the old boy retires it still earns him money 5 days a week he runs out of p an o in trafford park

i was driving a B reg F12 6x2 rear lift volvo up until june 2004 :smiley: then it stayed as a spare motor for another couple of months until sold to a scrappy :frowning: and also the boss had a D reg Merc 1735 up until late last year still ploding along until it got exported :frowning:

Blissy:
This old girl is still running about in Norfolk & Suffolk.

Terry Godbold’s Atkinson Borderer.

Don’t ever believe that old trucks are slow - this Atki is the fastest HGV around. (Probably because it has a 14 litre ■■■■■■■ under the bonnet from an ERF E14!)

Scarab:
Theres a early 60’s Atki (I think) that runs heating oil around Sussex 7 days a week, I quite often see it broken down, cab doesn’t tilt more than a foot too!

Alex

If it is a 1960’s Atki, the cab shouldn’t tilt at all :laughing:

It says ERF not RAF:
A guy on containers out of Trafford Park uses a 1978 Merc everyday.

is that the mint green one, i havnt seen it for about three years so didnt know if it was still going or not.

there was a firm/bloke running out of hull with a blue A-plate F12, not the oldest by a long shot but it looked really well. Have also seen an S-plate (78?) ERF four-wheel flatbed rigid knocking about, and i think there’s a firm from Northwich way who run either one or two really battered looking old red ERF units. Begin with a ‘B’ but i cant remember the rest…

This is the old Merc from Trafford Park, taken a couple of months ago.