Oldest/Ugliest/Dirtiest fleet........a bit of fun!

Ok doky…like most of you, im getting a bit fed up with all the ‘naming and shaming’ and general whining about other people and their standards of driving etc. So time for a lighthearted bit of banter to lighten the mood :smiley:

There was a thread recently about the best looking fleet around which I enjoyed and there were some crackers too so I thought about turning the tables and naming the oldest fleets you’ve seen etc purely for fun not to be rude.

So c’mon guys ang girls: who is running brand new mud-coloured trucks, or who has blinged them up to the point of ugliness■■? I look forward to seeing the pics if you have them, as im sure others will to… :laughing:

Over to you folks…

I nominate my own fleet as the dirtiest; 'cos our anally-retentive site manager insists that we can’t have an on-site wash area, he reckons it’s the council’s fault but we reckon he’s just trying to cut costs 'cos it’d go on his budget and not transport’s. :angry:

Consequently we have to call in at a wash 25 miles away when we happen to be in the area, and of course we do daily deliveries to places like this…

That pic IIRC was taken the day after the truck was washed!

Great advert for the company… not! :unamused:

gilbraith tankers burnley/blackburn?
gussion tankers widnes
maxi haulage wrexham depot, filthy wrecks
mike spencer warrington,
jack richards what is that livery all about.
joe sharp rochdale?
frank hudson newcastle?
mitchell trucking m,boro
morrisons new day cab dafs what shade of yellow is that
ernest thorpe, sheffield, vintage rally
weetabix wagons from burton latimer

stobarts… :laughing:

Agree with Sharpes Mitchell and Hudson (when theyre going slow enough to see them) and Stobarts before and after(and anybody who uses those ‘wraps’ ,terrible idea), also Innovate, disgusting orange colour, wouldnt be too bad if red or blue instead, Bacton Transport from Stowmarket went from bad to worse when they changed colour. Pete Osborne when he had that green red and white fleet. Coles of Banbury way over the top to the point of laughable. Any truck (usually French or Belgian) with paintings of their kids on the side of the truck. Im sure i will think of some more later…

kindle530:
Agree with Sharpes Mitchell and Hudson (when theyre going slow enough to see them) and Stobarts before and after(and anybody who uses those ‘wraps’ ,terrible idea), also Innovate, disgusting orange colour, wouldnt be too bad if red or blue instead, Bacton Transport from Stowmarket went from bad to worse when they changed colour. Pete Osborne when he had that green red and white fleet. Coles of Banbury way over the top to the point of laughable. Any truck (usually French or Belgian) with paintings of their kids on the side of the truck. Im sure i will think of some more later…

Kindle, I see a loathing of orange liveries here. What about Charles Russell then■■? :smiley: :smiley:

Yep, you can count them in as well, orange just isnt a nice colour to put on a truck ( well not the shades of orange that lot above use!)

kindle530:
Yep, you can count them in as well, orange just isnt a nice colour to put on a truck ( well not the shades of orange that lot above use!)

well if you don’t like orange there’s always M Way and Conway Bailey to look out for :wink:

I think both look ok :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Anyone else seen the new Viamasters livery and had to look away before they vomited? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well “gnasty gnome” why don,t you ask your site mgr to get out his calculator and work out the cost of a round trip of 50miles to a truck wash plus drivers time / pay plus wear & tear on said truck and multiply it by 52 weeks a year as the money at the end comes out of the “Company / Depot” overall budget :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Secondly he might be right about the council reason as we had a trailer wash for the inside of trailers (we were a major supermarket carrying food) and the “Water Board” NOT the council made us stop using it because the waste water (of all things) went in to the water courses with all the waste that went with it as well so he might just be right on this one how about asking him to install a “Wheel Wash” which has a holding tank that you drive over and usually the spray is directed at the whole vehicle as before long you are going to have PC Plod and Badger Bill after you for leaving your mud etc. on the road :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Denis F:

kindle530:

well if you don’t like orange there’s always M Way and Conway Bailey to look out for :wink:

I think both look ok :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thats not too bad actually Denis!

NEJ:
Well “gnasty gnome” why don,t you ask your site mgr to get out his calculator and work out the cost of a round trip of 50miles to a truck wash plus drivers time / pay plus wear & tear on said truck and multiply it by 52 weeks a year as the money at the end comes out of the “Company / Depot” overall budget :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:

We did. We is drivers, he is manager so we knows nuffink innit ! :frowning:

MJD & Sons, they have to be the dirtiest scruffiest fleet on the road, all lateish 95xf Dafs & almost every one has a dent on it somewhere, the trailers started off nice with all the sideskirts etc but now they’re all smashed or got panels missing, curtains all patched up & odd buckles, a real mess. :open_mouth:

Lucy:
Anyone else seen the new Viamasters livery and had to look away before they vomited? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Er not me, smart trucks (5 x FH GXL 480s and a DAF 65) and a smart livery, gets you noticed for the right reasons!!! :smiley:

hovis

it would probably be more comfortable to walk and carry the bread to the shops than those old 55 dafs

newmercman:
MJD & Sons, they have to be the dirtiest scruffiest fleet on the road, all lateish 95xf Dafs & almost every one has a dent on it somewhere, the trailers started off nice with all the sideskirts etc but now they’re all smashed or got panels missing, curtains all patched up & odd buckles, a real mess. :open_mouth:

yeah i agree. but then that blue and white was never going to work.

i’d go for sharpes… that guy must be colour blind.

i dont like that firm alix766 drove for either to many different things blended together.

A.hughes lincoln- they process offal & stink! :laughing:

i dont like that firm alix766 drove for either to many different things blended together.

Oh god, yeah…1980s retro-bling in powder blue and pink metallic paint with more lights than the Blackpool Illuminations. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Richard King himself is very tasty though… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Viamasters, I see they haven’t dared put that new livery on their website yet… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …Sorry howatski, but I suppose there’s no accounting for taste…:grimacing:

Ps. Ours look quite good in the line-up on a Friday, especially when you have a nice new 45ft box on the back…(unlike this one…):

But the Finnish version (pic courtesy of Kyrbo)is dire - I still can’t decide whether it looks like a reject dolly mixture, or just as if they’ve been replacing panels with any old colour they could cannibalise from the nearest scrapyard… :confused: :

Yeuch…!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is it Joe Sharps that look like they have ram raided Halford’s covered in glue?