trucknet uk

I have been on this site everyday for the last two weeks,has anyone else noticed that there are no new posts on here [well maybe one or two ]but no more than that,is it coming to a point that drivers are getting bored with posting on here,all I have seen is for the last two weeks the same posts,who thinks the same,this is no dig at the site itself as I still think it’s a good one,i just get the feeling drivers are going elsewhere.

Your correct its very quite think its since the banter stopped and that killed it somewhat.

Is that maybe because as soon as you’ve posted you get

Duh can’t you spell.
Duh you should know that.
What no , or . Or ! Or "
Etc etc etc

Plus you never know nowadays wether it’s just the same person with multiple accounts commenting / posting.
Or maybe I’m just a pessimist??
[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed a few people are missing… I personally found their posts amusing and interesting at times, but obviously the mods did not…

polytrotter:

Duh can’t you spell.
What no , or . Or ! Or "
Etc etc etc

Plus you never know nowadays wether it’s just the same person with multiple accounts commenting / posting.
[emoji16][emoji16]

you have a point there

I think it may seem quieter than usual because the mass trolling has been stopped.

Sent from my mobile.

truckman020:
I have been on this site everyday for the last two weeks,has anyone else noticed that there are no new posts on here [well maybe one or two ]but no more than that,is it coming to a point that drivers are getting bored with posting on here,all I have seen is for the last two weeks the same posts,who thinks the same,this is no dig at the site itself as I still think it’s a good one,i just get the feeling drivers are going elsewhere.

I think you are wrong. I’ve just done a quick count of threads started since Monday 19 march 2018 and came to 33 on the first page. Don’t believe me?? Do your own count!

What do you expect when members like Beaver, Nodding donkey, dozy to name a few are kicked on to pre.mod.
At least those guys gave the forum an element of entertainment rather than the '‘Which sat nav/What are Stobarts like’ type threads.

Cards were well marked by Rikki’s ‘‘It’s time’’ thread at top of page, so I reckon that answers your point mate. :bulb:

polytrotter:

Duh can’t you spell.
What no , or . Or ! Or "
Etc etc etc

[emoji16][emoji16]

Duh ‘‘wether’’…can’t you spell. :unamused:
A wether is a castrated goat…‘‘Duh you should know that’’ :unamused:

I’m joking…I’m joking !!.. :bulb:
:laughing: :smiley:

robroy:

polytrotter:

Duh can’t you spell.
What no , or . Or ! Or "
Etc etc etc

[emoji16][emoji16]

[emoji38] :smiley:

[emoji111][emoji111][emoji111]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

robroy:

polytrotter:

Duh can’t you spell.
What no , or . Or ! Or "
Etc etc etc

[emoji16][emoji16]

:laughing: :smiley:

You must be kidding. :smiley:

One member in…

Particular who joined last year caused nothing but a crapstorm of protests and arguments with every thread he started. Without fail the posts were incendiary, preening, cocky and designed to antagonise the reader. That poster then started to have debates, arguments, agreements, disagreements with himself by adding imaginary friends. Then was caught out, not once but twice as an out and out fraud.

In my opinion, Trucknet didn’t seem to care and didn’t bother to make any attempt to stop what to me and others was a blatant mocking of all the rules here. To allow alias posting is detremental because people only hide for one reason on forums and that reason is deceit.

Sadly, the place hasn’t been the same since.

yourhavingalarf:
One member in…

Particular who joined last year caused nothing but a crapstorm of protests and arguments with every thread he started. Without fail the posts were incendiary, preening, cocky and designed to antagonise the reader. That poster then started to have debates, arguments, agreements, disagreements with himself by adding imaginary friends. Then was caught out, not once but twice as an out and out fraud.

In my opinion, Trucknet didn’t seem to care and didn’t bother to make any attempt to stop what to me and others was a blatant mocking of all the rules here. To allow alias posting is detremental because people only hide for one reason on forums and that reason is deceit.

Sadly, the place hasn’t been the same since.

Personally, I rather liked him and his friends seemed pleasant enough. My opinion was that he was very misunderstood rather than been malicious. Anyway anyone know of a good sat nav?

tachograph:
I think it may seem quieter than usual because the mass trolling has been stopped.

Sent from my mobile.

Just realised you’re not modding anymore. Did you just have enough of it?

It hasnt been the same since Rob K left, used to quite enjoy his posts on Owner drivers working for a £1 a mile and a Mars bar :smiley:

I think the golden period for a side hurting laughs mixed with good posts was about 4/5 years ago. There was the Friday night banter when everyone was probably halfway hammered - that was always pretty hilarious, especially the sober Saturday morning afterwards. You had the borderline trollers that were granted a little edgy but they were bloody funny and original and then the normal posters. The odd outright troll came and went and was normally ousted.

A lot of those posters disappeared and a new wave seemed to creep in last few years. Seemed like a lot were trying to badly replicate the previous but there was a lot of giving off at people. No class to it. Guess some found it funny. No accounting for taste :laughing: . Then there were the trolls. The middle ground vanished.

Interesting I suppose (if you squint :laughing: ). It’s like society in miniature and how that changes over time :laughing:

chaversdad:
It hasnt been the same since Rob K left, used to quite enjoy his posts on Owner drivers working for a £1 a mile and a Mars bar :smiley:

RobK is still here. He just isn’t called RobK any more. :wink:

Harry Monk:

chaversdad:

RobK is still here. He just isn’t called RobK any more. :wink:

Spill the beans, who is it? :laughing:

yt03:
I’ve noticed a few people are missing… I personally found their posts amusing and interesting at times, but obviously the mods did not…

In my observations over the years (elsewhere, not here), moderation often simply leads to a ghost town - the worst offenders and most provocative characters are often those who create the most human interest! :laughing:

You might find more shifted to bully’s than usual?