Carrier Fridge

This new trailer I got every couple of hours blowing out burning smell inside trailer white smoke, really bad burning smell like there is fire but of course not. Anyone know what this is ? Boss says okay to use because all items sealed so smell does not spoil it, but I don’t know.

It doesnt sound good to me…what happens when you open the back doors, and are hit in the face with Noxious fumes…i think your boss is wrong…ask vosa.

Our resident “consultant fridge engineer” (if he’s playing that character this week) will be along shortly.

truckyboy:
It doesnt sound good to me…what happens when you open the back doors, and are hit in the face with Noxious fumes…i think your boss is wrong…ask vosa.

Ask VOSA what? What to do if your fridge smells bad? :unamused:

White smoke is usually from moisture i.e. coolant burning, check the coolant level and the oil filler cap for any mayonnaise. As for the burning smell, burning smell of what? Is it diesel fumes? I’m not an expert on the anatomy of frigos so I don’t know if there’s any way exhaust fumes could get mixed with the refrigerant.

You’re quite lucky OP, our resident Aldridge Prior will be along to pretend he has a clue :unamused: your worries will be over then.

A.

harrawaffa:
Our resident “consultant fridge engineer” (if he’s playing that character this week) will be along shortly.

^^^^^^^^^
he /they must be working days this week,although schools been out for an hour now,so time will tell then we will definitely know the answer once all options have been googled.
personally having got the go ahead from bossman,id crack on and have 999 on speed dial.
your employed as a driver,hence paid from the neck down.buck duly passed.

have all the belts been checked and tightened ? A slack belt could be your problem .

Check main power alternator( not the piddling thing on the engine.)

If its new new maybe its on adbliue, Ive heard talk but not seen one yet?

Can’t believe the fridge man hasn’t given any of his in depth knowledge on this matter, or maybe he’s in NZ! :laughing:

Fffs it’s new, it’s under warranty, call carrier out to fix it.

pierrot 14:
Can’t believe the fridge man hasn’t given any of his in depth knowledge on this matter, or maybe he’s in NZ! :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
mabey he/they should just change all his/their user name/names to…the bus.
yu might need to wait a while,but as soon as 1 pops up,they all come running at the same time.
i believe nz is a good 11 hours ahead of us here so possibly they will know what we are going to say here before we say it… :unamused:

Could be any number of things, would need to see it to make a sensible diagnosis. Otherwise just guessing. I don’t guess as a qualified fridge man, you don’t ring a doctor and he diagnosis you over the phone. I am a professional with a reputation and not a free consultant. Sorry not playing.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i believe nz is a good 11 hours ahead of us here so possibly they will know what we are going to say here before we say it… :unamused:

Don’t need to be in NZ or 11 hrs ahead to know what your going to say before you say it. :unamused:

pierrot 14:
Can’t believe the fridge man hasn’t given any of his in depth knowledge on this matter, or maybe he’s in NZ! [emoji38]

I hear the fridge man has baled out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Doesnt matter about the trailer being sealed if your carrying fresh food of any kind it could be contaminating it. The main purpose of a fridge is cooling the food but the most important part is circulating the air. Burning smell=contaminated food= get it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smurfyboy2009:
Doesnt matter about the trailer being sealed if your carrying fresh food of any kind it could be contaminating it. The main purpose of a fridge is cooling the food but the most important part is circulating the air. Burning smell=contaminated food= get it fixed

I think that the OP meant that the goods were sealed, sealed packaging, but yes as has been said get someone to call Carrier.

pierrot 14:

Smurfyboy2009:

I think that the OP meant that the goods were sealed, sealed packaging, but yes as has been said get someone to call Carrier.

Gotcha.still maybe needs a bit more training on the hygiene of carrying fresh produce??

mdourish:

pierrot 14:
Can’t believe the fridge man hasn’t given any of his in depth knowledge on this matter, or maybe he’s in NZ! [emoji38]

I hear the fridge man has baled out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No apparently he’s rescuing an EE drawbar, driver on the A62, J36 slip live lane

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153141

UKtramp:
Could be any number of things, would need to see it to make a sensible diagnosis. Otherwise just guessing. I don’t guess as a qualified fridge man, you don’t ring a doctor and he diagnosis you over the phone. I am a professional with a reputation and not a free consultant. Sorry not playing.

Must admit the above was a good get out of admitting you dont know anything about fridges apart from they are meant to be cold …

I would have thought the engine and compressor would be totally sealed from the outside of the trailer, only the pipework and condensor would actually be inside. Cables/wiring getting hot will cause white smoke and a horrible stench to go with it. Possibly an electrical fault?
As bigGriffin mentions though, if its new its under warranty. Probably an idea to get it looked at sooner than later than to see it possibly all go up in flames…