Getting rid of Fridge trailer smells

I cart a bit of offal about in my Schmitz fridge and am looking for handy tips on getting rid of the smell it leaves behind, as it slops about quite a bit.
I have been told amongst other things to set light to a newspaper and chuck it in the back and close the doors. Not sure how this works thou!
Any fridge drivers tips welcome, as I’m getting ■■■■■■ off with the smell of bleach when I’m jet washing the trailer out.

sprinkle jar of coffee onto trailer floor. I’ve tried the burning newspaper although it does leave a good mess

kindle530:
I cart a bit of offal about in my Schmitz fridge and am looking for handy tips on getting rid of the smell it leaves behind, as it slops about quite a bit.
I have been told amongst other things to set light to a newspaper and chuck it in the back and close the doors. Not sure how this works thou!
Any fridge drivers tips welcome, as I’m getting ■■■■■■ off with the smell of bleach when I’m jet washing the trailer out.

Yep, scrunch up an old newspaper, set fire to it and close the doors. I don’t know how it works either, but it does. Presumably it’s like that old trick we used to do of lighting a match in the toilet after taking a dump. :stuck_out_tongue:

Burn a small amount of paper or cardboard and shut the doors for a couple of mins. Did this many a time after carrying fish.
Take care though if you do this. It is very easy for the aluminium deck to get too hot, the insulation underneath expands and you then have a hump in your floor!
You just want it smouldering rather than a full scale bonfire :sunglasses:
If you do it near the doors it’s easy to sweep the small amount of ashes out the back.

The burning news paper trick works well, just burn it in a metal bucket to avoid the mess.
Remember to wear heavy gloves when picking it up as it will be hot and turn the fridge on with one back door open to blow the smoke out after.

Soot, in the form of activated charcoal - absorbs all kinds of nasty niffs.

The best thing therefore to burn in the back of a trailer in my mind - is a pallet. :grimacing:

Stick it in a knackered old cage so the fire doesn’t buckle the floor.

Use a small pallet.

I’m serious.

Winseer:

The best thing therefore to burn in the back of a trailer in my mind - is a pallet. :grimacing:

Use a small pallet.

I’m serious.

how do you recommend i prevent the flames from a burning pallet from burning the roof■■?

Buy a refer taughtliner
Just open up the sides then :wink:

go to a company that supplies tfl and stuff like that for car/truckwashes etc and they should be able to supply disentfectant/pish killer stuff that minibuses/happy buses etc use to kill the pishy wiff of mothballs and vick from the wrinklies they cart about.its vanilla or lemon smelling.if your washing it out,then use it along with the soap through the washer and itl kill the ming.take some on a spray bottle and scoot it around the back doors as your opening them…standard practise running with seafood fridges.you should have time to sit and google your local supplier when your sitting waiting on the fire brigade and the insurance man after setting your fridge alight… :slight_smile:

Make sure your drains are clear and working proper too. We always used a tin of cheap coffee then if your empty at night leave the door open. As for the news paper. yes it works it’s the same principle as your charcoal filter in your cooker hood extractor

I remember someone on here that used fabric softener when jet washing trailer out.

Vannila custard power spread on the floor was good to get rid of fish smells. So might work with offal

I would recommend a lemon juice and white vinegar mix. Grab some marigolds and me pinny and get on me ands and knees and give it a good scrub. Sparkling and gets rids of the unsavoury smells. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Buy a Feu Orange from a garage.

Simples, go to Calais, see the head honcho at the jungle, pay 30 illegals to clean the trailer for 50 pence an hour.Job done.

Hi ,i did international fridgework for 26years & in that time carried a lot of wet fish ,we used to burn in a tin Brown Paper ('it had to be brown ) to get rid of the smell ,danish drivers i knew used custard powder which they called pudding but i allways thought it made too much mess,take care .

go truckwash get it cleaned if u do the fire trick dont close doors u will blow the whole lot up :smiley:

stevejones:
go truckwash get it cleaned if u do the fire trick dont close doors u will blow the whole lot up :smiley:

Lets get real here what kind of trailers were you pulling, you light a newspaper in the back of a fridge and watch it all go on fire, all this ■■■■■ there telling you is a lot of bull where did or do the people who tell you this work, for a gas company or some made up thing in there mind. what a load of crap, you could have a barbecue in the back and you would be fine. ■■■■■■■■ never drove a truck.

captain62:

Winseer:

Use a small pallet.

I’m serious.

how do you recommend i prevent the flames from a burning pallet from burning the roof■■?

When I said “Small” I meant REALLY small. - :smiley:

Remove the beer first, having first consumed it whilst off duty. Always drink responsibly.

as there seems to be a lot of burning going on
would a paraffin lamp do the trick

PS I am not suggesting Harry Monk