Night heater fumes

I can smell diesel fumes in the cab every time my nighter kicks up, then it clears. Why is this? How do I stop it?

I don’t want to wake up dead after my afternoon nap.

Don’t worry - if it poisons you you won’t be waking up :smiley:

Does it issue white smoke when it’s running? Sometimes they don’t quite fire up properly and the fuel isn’t fully burned. If so it needs fixing.
Is the exhaust blocked or obstructed by something?

Don’t worry mate it’s impossible to wake up dead , you would have to be dead before you went to sleep … So always check.

Not clear whether you mean the fumes of liquid diesel or diesel exhaust fumes. I guess the latter but either way it needs fixing and soon. So not a breakdown, but get it booked in for attention ASAP.

Is it the first time you have used it for a while?
The old.Eberspacher ones used to smoke like hell on first use after summer, I always used to let them run for about half an hour with doors open on first use of year, still do today even though I aint sure if it’s necessary.
They also used to have a safety cut out for fumes, not sure if the newer ones do.
I would deffo get it looked at to be on safe side.

Anyway your lungs should be immune Mr Monkey man with all the ■■■■ you smoke on here :smiley:

Get yourself a Carbon Monoxide detector monkeyface,
Some trucks have them fitted as standard now, but pretty sure they only cost a few quid from a caravan shop,

^^^ this. You can get a combined smoke and co alarm, well worth fitting. Think Fire Angel make them for next to nothing.

Contraflow:
I can smell diesel fumes in the cab every time my nighter kicks up, then it clears. Why is this? How do I stop it?

I don’t want to wake up dead after my afternoon nap.

just in case you do wake up dead who do you work for and whats the pay like and would it be worth applying ,provided they fix the night heater as i don’t fancy waking up dead thanks in advance :laughing:

Do the fumes still come out the small exhaust pipe? If not, it may have fell off the heater outlet or be split / rubbed through or summin.

Gembo:
Do the fumes still come out the small exhaust pipe? If not, it may have fell off the heater outlet or be split / rubbed through or summin.

sooty glowplug…remove and clean…just like a sparkplug

fix it now as later is it cold :grimacing:

Toddy2:
Get yourself a Carbon Monoxide detector monkeyface,
Some trucks have them fitted as standard now, but pretty sure they only cost a few quid from a caravan shop,

A carbon monoxide detector won’t detect unburned diesel fumes. If the fuel injection line is clogged up with waxy residues - you’re going to get too little burning rather than too much burning in insufficient oxygen - which is the cause of Carbon Monoxide. :bulb:

Gembo:

We have a winner.

Being fixed now.

Contraflow:

Gembo:

We have a winner.

Being fixed now.

Paid for by the world wildlife fund…Saving the Monkeys from extinction ?

Love this thread, just how things ought to be.
A member asks a question and gets an answer along with a lot of light hearted clever banter, no nasty stuff.
made my day all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dave19544:
Love this thread, just how things ought to be.
A member asks a question and gets an answer along with a lot of light hearted clever banter, no nasty stuff.
made my day all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

+1

and no sign of any cabbages !!

cabbages.png

Should fire it up in the summer months too, just to keep everything moving etc.