Well this is taking the micky

IronEddie:

Reef:

toonsy:

IronEddie:
Well got going and got as close to base as possible. Sat in a layby on the a444 waiting collection.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s still on duty though…

i’ve been told that my firm will not collect you if you run out of shift hours, you’re there for the night/day end of. I would imagine if it’s a valuable “do not stop” load then you’d probably have to get from under it before you clocked off so that another truck could finish it’s delivery but you and importantly that truck would not move once you went off duty.

IronEddie:
Got lifted back to brakes about to drive home. Yeah I’m hugely infringed on wtd at this point. A [zb] I do not currently give.

It’s not about the WTD though, let’s face it no one cares about the WTD (other than tacho analysts), it’s actually the (very much enforceable) EU regs you’ve broken.

Daytrunker:
or are you going to drive home in a car from where you are now?

As far as I’m aware it makes no difference if he was, if the truck hasn’t made it back to it’s usual base of operation then it will still be breaking the law even if someone brought his own private car out to him.

Which EU regs? I’ve broken the EU regs on working time. I’ve not broken driving time regs though. Can’t think of another that affects me as a driver.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would imagine he will be referring to your time on duty therefore insufficient daily rest